Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2022, 10:21   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 3 years and 95,000 kms service upd

Arun, new tyres need around 1000 kms to break in. They will perform optimally after the break in. Maybe you can compare the braking performance after 1500 kms.

Congrats on hitting the 1 Lakh milestone!
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 10:27   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Tyres - GoodYear Wrangler AT SilentTrac 225/60 R17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikha_roy View Post
Congratulations on your new shoes!! Wish you many more adventurous kms!! Keep Inspiring..
Thank You! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Looks like Viceroy Restaurant Kasaragod
Yes, you are spot-on. I love biryani and now the fish biryani @Viceroy Restaurant has become one of my favourites. We found this restaurant by chance when looking for a place to have lunch.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 08:16   #348
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 3 years and 95,000 kms service upd

Come on Arun! Bring on that long overdue 100,000

Looking forward to that 200,000 on the Compass that you narrowly missed on the Linea by half a dozen Nagercoil commutes.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 09:32   #349
BHPian

Congratulations on 1 L mark ( hope u would have crossed it by now ). Look wise too the new AT ones is nice.
It's a shame that not many options are available for stock size in market. It's worse for 2021 model for R18 ( there are absolutely no AT options for stock size ).
enj0y_ride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 10:34   #350
BHPian

Congrats Arun on soon to be reaching 5 digit mark or maybe done by now. These tyres sure look beefy. I see that you regularly get WA/WB done in Madhu's, any reason skipping them and buying from Millivision.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 15:35   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Arun, new tyres need around 1000 kms to break in. They will perform optimally after the break in. Maybe you can compare the braking performance after 1500 kms.
Yes, you are right. I think braking should improve even if it is not going to match the HT tyres.

Quote:
Congrats on hitting the 1 Lakh milestone!
Thank You. Few more Kms left though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Come on Arun! Bring on that long overdue 100,000

Looking forward to that 200,000 on the Compass that you narrowly missed on the Linea by half a dozen Nagercoil commutes.
1L is another 25Kms away

Yes, I missed the 2L mark in Linea. Hopefully I will be able to hit the 2L mark this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride View Post
Congratulations on 1 L mark ( hope u would have crossed it by now ). Look wise too the new AT ones is nice.
It's a shame that not many options are available for stock size in market. It's worse for 2021 model for R18 ( there are absolutely no AT options for stock size ).
Thank you!

Yes, bad that R18 doesn't get any AT option in stock size. Even otherwise, we don't have good options in both R17 and R18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Congrats Arun on soon to be reaching 5 digit mark or maybe done by now. These tyres sure look beefy. I see that you regularly get WA/WB done in Madhu's, any reason skipping them and buying from Millivision.
Thank you!

It was just for the tyres, I went to Millivision. For WA/WB, I will go back to Madhus.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 19:48   #352

Hi Arun
From Arun owning compass limited 4x4
Great ownership thread. Have been following it very closely.
I too had recently changed my tyres. Opted for contisportcontact5 235/55 r17. Works really well at highway speeds. Very good ride comfort, grip, handling and braking, even in the wet.
I was in a dilemma too if i should go with the Goodyear or the yokos, but opted for the contis. Happy with them so far.
Wishing you many Happy memorable and safe miles ahead.
Attached Thumbnails
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-img_20221011_194605.jpg  

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-img_20221011_194527.jpg  

TSJ9959 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 20:22   #353
BHPian

Congratulations for crossing 1 L Kms! Scarlett is magnificent in her new shoes. My swift is over 106K Kms and needs tires replacement. The current Michelin tires have done 57k Kms and can easily cover few thousand Kms more. However, I plan to replace with new sets of tires and don't want to them getting harder in 20 to 25 Kms. It would be helpful to have your thoughts to complete my purchase of new tires.
K7@TN14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 00:42   #354
BHPian

Re: New Tyres - GoodYear Wrangler AT SilentTrac 225/60 R17

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
New Tyres - GoodYear Wrangler AT SilentTrac 225/60 R17

....[*]AT tyres are said to be noisy on the highways but during my first highway drive on these tyres I didn’t feel it being noisier. The speed I maintained was in the range of 100-120 Kmph. So, not sure on how they will behave at higher speeds.
[/b]
All terrain tyres and other MT/RT tyres are noisier due to their open shoulder construction. The big chunky tread blocks on the shoulder create a lot of noise. The SilenTrac negates this by quite a margin by having closed shoulder design (ie. a continuous unbroken strip along the outer edges). Thi enables it to be quiter while still having big chunky blocks on central portion render it quite handy All Terrain capabilities.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 21:39   #355
Senior - BHPian

I remember, just around three and a half years ago, Arun was taking delivery of his car and was the the first to spot my Trailhawk being unloaded( Trailhawk was just lunched ) He saw my Jeep before I did. The pictures he posted from that day are still fresh. I took delivery a week later and he’s is around 60K kilometres ahead. Kudos Arun. Simply have enjoyed your tread.
PS : My Fiat Punto is now around the 1.5 k mark. Hope to catch up with your Lienas’s and Compass Odo some day. Looks like I am around 3 years away from both. �� Happy motoring.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 12th October 2022 at 21:43.
Old 13th October 2022, 09:00   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJ9959 View Post
Hi Arun
From Arun owning compass limited 4x4
Great ownership thread. Have been following it very closely.
Thanks Arun

Quote:
I too had recently changed my tyres. Opted for contisportcontact5 235/55 r17. Works really well at highway speeds. Very good ride comfort, grip, handling and braking, even in the wet.
That's nice. I thought about Michelin 235/60 R17 but they are very expensive, 20K+ per tyre. And with AT in mind in the stock size, there is no other option other than Goodyears.

Good to know that you are happy with Conti. How much did it cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7@TN14 View Post
Congratulations for crossing 1 L Kms! Scarlett is magnificent in her new shoes. My swift is over 106K Kms and needs tires replacement. The current Michelin tires have done 57k Kms and can easily cover few thousand Kms more. However, I plan to replace with new sets of tires and don't want to them getting harder in 20 to 25 Kms. It would be helpful to have your thoughts to complete my purchase of new tires.
Thank You!

Michelin usually gives good life, I remember 3ST giving me 80K Kms+ on my Linea. If you are feeling the hardness, then it's better to replace as its already close to 60K Kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_TANK_88 View Post
All terrain tyres and other MT/RT tyres are noisier due to their open shoulder construction. The big chunky tread blocks on the shoulder create a lot of noise. The SilenTrac negates this by quite a margin by having closed shoulder design (ie. a continuous unbroken strip along the outer edges). Thi enables it to be quiter while still having big chunky blocks on central portion render it quite handy All Terrain capabilities.
Thanks for this technical information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I remember, just around three and a half years ago, Arun was taking delivery of his car and was the the first to spot my Trailhawk being unloaded( Trailhawk was just lunched ) He saw my Jeep before I did. The pictures he posted from that day are still fresh. I took delivery a week later and he’s is around 60K kilometres ahead. Kudos Arun. Simply have enjoyed your tread.
PS : My Fiat Punto is now around the 1.5 k mark. Hope to catch up with your Lienas’s and Compass Odo some day. Looks like I am around 3 years away from both. �� Happy motoring.
Yes, I remember sharing the pics from the initial batch of trailhawk deliveries. Good to know that you are still holding on to your punto and enjoying both Punto and Trilahawk. Wishing you many many happy and safe miles as well.
Old 13th October 2022, 12:48   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Thanks Arun

That's nice. I thought about Michelin 235/60 R17 but they are very expensive, 20K+ per tyre. And with AT in mind in the stock size, there is no other option other than Goodyears.

Good to know that you are happy with Conti. How much did it cost?
ContiSC5 set me 12k/piece. Cost was the reason for not opting Michelin. OE spec tyres like u mentioned very limited options.
TSJ9959 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 20:59   #358
h14
BHPian

Wishing you many more happy miles with the new shoes Arun and waiting for your odo click for the 1L mark

Regarding IOCL XTRAGREEN, I've used once when passing through hassan and that time it was bhp'ian DRIV3R behind the wheel and he said there was significant difference with it. Maybe I'll let him comment on the details.

Those looking at options on stock size 225, I would recommend MRF MARKUS. I've done a little over 5k kms with the Markus and super happy with them. They are not AT though.

Managed 85k with stock Firestones
Markus comes for ₹10.2k a piece in Coimbatore.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-img_20221013_205658.jpg
h14 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 17:28   #359
BHPian

Hi Arun,

Fantastic thread and thank you for keeping this alive. Many congratulations for crossing the 1L milestone, and wishes for many more landmarks..

Your's in one of the threads that I followed while I was considering this wonderful car. Last Friday I picked up Compass 2.0 MT in Bright White with black roof.

While I'm just getting to explore and know this beast of a machine, I have a question with one item in the Mopar care care kit. I'm confused with the direction on the upholstery bottle. I'm not able to understand if I need to dilute it before use or I can just directly spray. Do you have any idea on this Mopar product?

Thank you!!
abhaumik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 12:10   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaumik View Post

Your's in one of the threads that I followed while I was considering this wonderful car. Last Friday I picked up Compass 2.0 MT in Bright White with black roof.
Thank you and congratulations on your new Compass!

Quote:
While I'm just getting to explore and know this beast of a machine, I have a question with one item in the Mopar care care kit. I'm confused with the direction on the upholstery bottle. I'm not able to understand if I need to dilute it before use or I can just directly spray. Do you have any idea on this Mopar product?

Thank you!!
Sorry, I have no idea. I didn't buy this Mopar car care kit. Better to check with the dealer only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks