Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2019, 03:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home - My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4. EDIT: 1 year & 42,186 kms up!

Congratulations on the Jeep!

A question regarding the rear tyres - is it possible to upsize the tyres to ones with a thicker sidewall (e.g. proper off road tyres) without fouling with the body? The gap there looks very small and seems to rule this out but I wasn't sure.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 05:08   #17
Team-BHP Support

re: Scarlett comes home - My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4. EDIT: 1 year & 42,186 kms up!

Congratulation arun_josie! As you have mentioned, the Compass looks beautiful from all angles and you have posted some fantastic pictures of the beauty. An excellent review to say the least, full of details. Rated a well deserved 5 stars. Wish you many kilometres of happiness with the Compass. Waiting to see pictures of the car in Sikkim, Arunachal, Ladakh and other Himalayan destinations

Posting a few pictures of the Compass during my test drive after it was launched, sorry for hijacking your thread

Side by side with my Bolero
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-img_20170910_1527001.jpg

An attempt at mild offroading
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-img_20170910_1509431.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-img_20170910_1512531.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-img_20170910_1513531.jpg
BlackPearl is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 08:38   #18
BHPian

Congratulations! Great review. That's quite some running. At this rate you will hit 2 lakh Kms in 2.5 years of ownership unlike in your Linea.

Hard to miss the manual and auto price difference for hexa and compass is 1.5 Lacs Vs 12.xx Lacs.

Good colour combo. Though personally I am not a fan of dual tone colours unless it's a white or silver on the roof. Defeats the whole purpose of not going for a black car.

Does the compass come with a side step for ingress/ egress or atleast as an accessory? Or is it just not required and easy to get in for elders too?

How do you compare the suspension setup with that of Linea. Similar or better about feeling the bumps inside on broken, pot holed rods?

Would love to catch up with you in any of the meets or if you happen to be in or around Hyd ever.

Last edited by bharatbits : 15th September 2019 at 08:46.
bharatbits is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 11:54   #19
BHPian

Sorry I earlier forgot to appreciate the pictures. Truelly great stuff..pictures as well as the locations where they were taken.Seems like Arun Josie can have a fallback carrier as professional photographer.
Sandeep500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 07:37   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing, Arun!

Your Linea ownership thread was one of my favourite reports on the forum. Was a little disappointed to see you exchange it just before hitting the 2L mark, but all that is now well and truly compensated seeing the way your Jeep has raced to 20k kms within just a few months!
Wishing you lakhs of kilometers of happy ownership!
Thanks a lot for your wishes! Of course, even I felt sad letting it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laddz1121 View Post
Superb Review!!! My test drive awaits ��
Thanks mate! Yes, our meet is still pending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
A very precise and apt review. Being a compass owner I was in same state of mind seven eight months ago when I bought my J.C. I test drove harrier and somehow could not connect it from my heart even though I liked its design.
Thanks Sandeep500!

Yes, I think we went through the same phase as well. I loved the space and interior quality in Harrier, but I didn’t feel the “WOW” factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Congratulations on the Jeep!

A question regarding the rear tyres - is it possible to upsize the tyres to ones with a thicker sidewall (e.g. proper off road tyres) without fouling with the body? The gap there looks very small and seems to rule this out but I wasn't sure.
Thanks mate!

I have not done any research on the tyre upgrade part. Something that I want to consider is 235/60 R17. I think few other owners have already upgraded to this size. I have not thought about proper off-roading tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Congratulation arun_josie! As you have mentioned, the Compass looks beautiful from all angles and you have posted some fantastic pictures of the beauty. An excellent review to say the least, full of details. Rated a well deserved 5 stars. Wish you many kilometres of happiness with the Compass. Waiting to see pictures of the car in Sikkim, Arunachal, Ladakh and other Himalayan destinations
Thanks a lot your wishes, BlackPearl!

Yes, we are looking forward for a drive towards your part of the world

And thanks for sharing the pics! Nice comparison pics with Bolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Congratulations! Great review. That's quite some running. At this rate you will hit 2 lakh Kms in 2.5 years of ownership unlike in your Linea.
Thanks for the wishes, bharatbits!

Oops, I missed to mention about the ingress/egress. My mom is 70 and she didn't find it difficult to enter. It may not be a smooth ingress like in a sedan, but definitely I don't see a need for side steps.

Regarding the suspension, Linea had a stiff suspension too but it came with low profile tyres(16 inch). So, on the bad roads it didn't have a great ride quality. Compass fares better on the bad roads, it absorbs the impact. But at lower speeds, the bumps were felt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
Sorry I earlier forgot to appreciate the pictures. Truelly great stuff..pictures as well as the locations where they were taken.Seems like Arun Josie can have a fallback carrier as professional photographer.
Thanks for your appreciation. Credit goes to my friends, especially Vivek Nair and Goutam.
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 08:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful review Arun. Congrats on your Compass. Wishing you loads of fun.
deepakhon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 12:06   #22
BHPian

Re: What went in favor?

Congratulations and well written!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
What went in favor?
  • If everything falls in place, then why waste 1-2 years of more fun?!
That's a damn convincing and dangerous argument! I'll try not to remember this though
PearlJam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 12:25   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

First of all, Hearty Congratulations Arun for this awesome and worthy upgrade to your Italian beauty aka Linea! The review is beautifully written covering every aspect of the vehicle with complementing photographs as well.

"With more power comes more responsibility to drive even more" - I guess this will be applicable in case of the Compass that is already munching miles like nobody's business.

I read a lot about the lack of space in the rear bench till I checked out your Compass during one of those breakfast drives and realised that for 2 full sized adults, the space was not bad at all despite of the driver and co-pax seat adjusted to a decent sliding position for a tall driver like you. Hence, for your requirements this one is a perfect choice and I am very sure this will bring smiles on everyone's face each time you head for that long drive.

Wishing you all the best behind the wheels of your Scarlett and hope you read regular updates and travelogues in days to come!!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 12:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Five years and close to two lakh kms of ownership experience is a perfect window for a change/upgrade. But, a chance test drive and some deep discounts going on for the Jeep Compass pushed me over the edge to upgrade from the Linea.
Congrats Arun on your latest acquisition, and your "Scarlet" looks gorgeous in that shade!!

Although I am not a big fan of SUV/MUV/UV sort of cars, Jeep Compass has been one of my recent favorites. I just love the compactness and yet purposeful stance of this Italian machine. This was never in contention during my recent car purchase, but had we (me & my FM) decided to go in for a SUV, it would have been none other than the Compass.
It sure is an attention grabber, and I can vouch for it as I just can't to take my eyes of one the moment it appears in sight.

Here's wishing you many more happy and fun-filled miles, and a trouble-free motoring.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 16:41   #25

Hey Arun, Congratulations for the new car! What a wonderful review of an equally wonderful car. Its my favorite!

Enough have already been said about pictures.

Keep munching miles. Hope to see 200K on the ODO this time!
summerisland is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 18:02   #26
BHPian

Hey Arun,

Congratulations on the new car and wishing you many happy miles. Thanks for the review and great pictures.
fastturtle10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 20:28   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome! Was waiting for this report for a long time. I was following your updates in the Jeep Compass official thread.

Fantastic review at the end. As CrAzY dRiVeR mentioned, your Linea ownership thread was one of the best in the forum, this one seems to be even better! The pics & details shared by you are just impeccable. Rated 5*.

Compass is always my favorite car in this segment. No offence to Harrier/Hector owners, but i always felt this car to be the best drivers car.
Last year, I took a test drive of the Compass and was thoroughly in love with this car.

Wish you thousands of happy miles with you red beauty.

Last edited by Samba : 16th September 2019 at 20:35.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 20:45   #28
BHPian

Fantastic review sir!
I have only one question for you- How's the gearshift quality?
Wishing you lakhs of trouble free and happy miles with the Scarlett.
Nazaar25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 20:48   #29
BHPian

Superb review.

Love how crisp, clear and to the point it is. I hope you get the same pleasure from the Compass that your Linea gave you, and looking forward to hearing more about your new ride.
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 20:56   #30
BHPian

I would call this second official review.

Very nice to show the complete thread right from casual look to service ownership. It would help any person looking for jeep compass
tirumalavoleti is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed