Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2019, 09:32   #31
BHPian

Re: Driving Comfort / Performance / Lights

Does this actually work ... I mean is there a beeping sound or what?

It doesn't seem to work in my car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Lights-On Reminder:
  • This alerts the driver when he opens the driver side door with ignition OFF and the headlights ON.
Fusion2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 18:22   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home - My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4. EDIT: 1 year & 42,186 kms up!

Congrats on getting the Compass home. The 2 litre multijet is a joy to drive. The dual tone red and black combo is a looker.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Compass.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 19:13   #33
BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home - My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4. EDIT: 1 year & 42,186 kms up!

Rated the thread 5 Stars! Congrats on owning the Jeep Compass 4x4. It's a brilliant machine and even I share a similar passion for driving on cross country trips whenever time permits. The way the ownership story is put forward is impeccable. 20k in 6 months(I took 1.3 years) is blazingly fast and putting the car to good use. I miss a 4x4 in my EcoSport and this thread can tempt anyone to own a Jeep!

Last edited by jithin23 : 17th September 2019 at 19:16. Reason: adding a sentence
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 20:37   #34
BHPian

Thanks for excellent review. I tried one of my colleague's Jeep yesterday (~1 year old, 10K K.M. run) I was amazed to see excellent ride quality, build quality and one of the best music system but I was unhappy with following things -
1. On steep incline car went back even with auto hand brake enabled, can we use hand brake(manually) in such situation?
2. Clutch seems to be hard, not sure if it's due to wrong adjustment.
3. Rear view mirror doesn't cover much and camera engages only with reverse gear.
lrsays is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 21:51   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks every one for your kind words and wishes. I will respond to your posts little later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
Does this actually work ... I mean is there a beeping sound or what?

It doesn't seem to work in my car...
Yes, you get a sound alert, not the normal beep sound though. It is not very loud as well. Anyways, I will check this again and update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsays View Post
Thanks for excellent review.
Thank you!

Quote:
1. On steep incline car went back even with auto hand brake enabled, can we use hand brake(manually) in such situation?
Are you talking about hill start assistance? If this option is enabled, then it will help on steep inclines.

Yes, hand brake can be used manually as well.

Quote:
2. Clutch seems to be hard, not sure if it's due to wrong adjustment.
If am not wrong 2017 manufactured vehicles had this issue. Maybe your friend should get this checked with the service center.

Also, as I had mentioned, the clutch is not super light like the one in Harrier. And at the same time it is not hard as well.

Quote:
3. Rear view mirror doesn't cover much and camera engages only with reverse gear.
Yes, reverse camera gets engaged only when you engage reverse gear. I have not faced any visibility issues with the IRVM.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 10:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks every one for your kind words and wishes. I will respond to your posts little later.
Thanks a lot, 2017 explains the issue with clutch.
I feel more comfortable with clear view of who is just behind me, either a full time activated sensor and/or camera solves the problem. This is a generic issue with all big vehicles.

Last edited by ampere : 18th September 2019 at 10:34. Reason: compacted quoted post
lrsays is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 18:09   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Five years and close to two lakh kms of ownership experience is a perfect window for a change/upgrade. My humble steed, the Linea MJD had served us well in the past 5 years and I had no plans to upgrade it. But, a chance test drive and some deep discounts going on for the Jeep Compass pushed me over the edge to upgrade from the Linea. The temptation to bring the Jeep home was too much and resistance was futile.
Welcome Scarlett ! Fiat engines are unbeatable and Jeep compass is unbeatable in terms of drive comfort, Noise levels, soft off road capabilities. This is a great review and I am sure many BHPan's read this review before deciding Compass.
sameerpb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 00:14   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Wonderful review Arun. Congrats on your Compass. Wishing you loads of fun.
Thanks for your wishes, deepakhon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Congratulations and well written!

That's a damn convincing and dangerous argument! I'll try not to remember this though
Thank you, PearlJam!

The heart wants what the heart wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
First of all, Hearty Congratulations Arun for this awesome and worthy upgrade to your Italian beauty aka Linea! The review is beautifully written covering every aspect of the vehicle with complementing photographs as well.
Thanks again parag for your wishes and for the compliment :-)
Quote:
"With more power comes more responsibility to drive even more"
Very true, it is important not to get carried away with this greater power.

Quote:
Wishing you all the best behind the wheels of your Scarlett and hope you read regular updates and travelogues in days to come!!
Sure, will try my best to keep the thread updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats Arun on your latest acquisition, and your "Scarlet" looks gorgeous in that shade!!

Here's wishing you many more happy and fun-filled miles, and a trouble-free motoring.
Thanks a lot for your wishes, Vik0728!

Yes, the Jeep sure is a looker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerisland View Post
Hey Arun, Congratulations for the new car! What a wonderful review of an equally wonderful car. Its my favorite!

Enough have already been said about pictures.

Keep munching miles. Hope to see 200K on the ODO this time!
Thank you for the wishes, summerisland!

Sure, will make an attempt to reach the 2L mark this time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastturtle10 View Post
Hey Arun,
Congratulations on the new car and wishing you many happy miles. Thanks for the review and great pictures.
Thank you, fastturtle10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Awesome! Was waiting for this report for a long time. I was following your updates in the Jeep Compass official thread.

Wish you thousands of happy miles with you red beauty.
Thank you for the kind words, Samba!

Yes, it is easy to fall in love with the Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazaar25 View Post
Fantastic review sir!
I have only one question for you- How's the gearshift quality?
Wishing you lakhs of trouble free and happy miles with the Scarlett.
Thank you, Nazaar25!

Gearshift is really smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Superb review.

Love how crisp, clear and to the point it is. I hope you get the same pleasure from the Compass that your Linea gave you, and looking forward to hearing more about your new ride.
Thank you, keroo1099.

Sure, I will do my best to keep this thread updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirumalavoleti View Post
I would call this second official review.

Very nice to show the complete thread right from casual look to service ownership. It would help any person looking for jeep compass
Thank you for the kind words,tirumalavoleti

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on getting the Compass home. The 2 litre multijet is a joy to drive. The dual tone red and black combo is a looker.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Compass.
Thanks again Krishna!

Yes, this engine is super fun and a perfect upgrade from the 1.3 multijet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Rated the thread 5 Stars! Congrats on owning the Jeep Compass 4x4. It's a brilliant machine and even I share a similar passion for driving on cross country trips whenever time permits. The way the ownership story is put forward is impeccable. 20k in 6 months(I took 1.3 years) is blazingly fast and putting the car to good use. I miss a 4x4 in my EcoSport and this thread can tempt anyone to own a Jeep!
Thank you jithin23!

Get one soon :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
Welcome Scarlett ! Fiat engines are unbeatable and Jeep compass is unbeatable in terms of drive comfort, Noise levels, soft off road capabilities. This is a great review and I am sure many BHPan's read this review before deciding Compass.
Thank you sameerpb :-)
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 11:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new Compass. Very well written post.

Those rear ac vents and USB port for rear passengers are a live saver for a guy with growing kids.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 09:46   #40
BHPian

Scarlett looks hot in that shade of red! I've been ogling at the photographs and I hope you don't mind!

A wonderful and comprehensive ownership review and a lot to learn from you on how compose such an in depth review!

Thank you for providing the service interval details along with the costs and to be frank, the service costs seem very reasonable!
Looking forward to many more long term reports!!
Also, your white beauty Linea looks fresh off the showroom despite 2L clicks on the odo!
advenk999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 09:50   #41
BHPian

This thread looks like it would emulate your ownership thread of Linea. That sort of car deserved a thread from a fervour Fiat fan like you.

Had followed that thread in and out and now looking forward to this one. Even though, unfortunately never could own a Linea and Compass in near future, shall have a vicarious feeling by following this thread.

Wish you a lot of happiness with the Compass.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 16:50   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Congratulations on your new Compass. Very well written post.
Thanks a lot, download2live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by advenk999 View Post
Scarlett looks hot in that shade of red! I've been ogling at the photographs and I hope you don't mind!
Thank you for the appreciation and kind words, advenk999.

Yes,the red dual tone takes the jeep to the next level and thanks to my friend for some nice clicks.

The service costs are reasonable for sure, hope this continues throughout the ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
This thread looks like it would emulate your ownership thread of Linea. That sort of car deserved a thread from a fervour Fiat fan like you.

Wish you a lot of happiness with the Compass.
Thank you VWAllstar! Thanks for following my Linea thread and thanks for being here too
Old 25th September 2019, 08:18   #43
BHPian

Congratulations Arun . After the Linea thread, this one am sure is another masterpiece in the making.

I'm going to try very hard not to follow this thread, as I don't want to get the itch of upgrading my car for another 4-5 years
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 09:52   #44
BHPian

Congrats once again Arun. Well written and lot of details. This thread is better than the Jeep brochure. My temptation to upgrade in short term has to be controlled, by not going on long drives with you.

Wishing you lot of happy miles. Looking forward for great pictures from Ladakh / NE drives.

Cheers,
Karthik Iyer
kiyer_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 14:46   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Congratulations Arun . After the Linea thread, this one am sure is another masterpiece in the making.

I'm going to try very hard not to follow this thread, as I don't want to get the itch of upgrading my car for another 4-5 years
Good luck resisting the temptation. How about a quick test drive though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyer_2000 View Post
Congrats once again Arun. Well written and lot of details. This thread is better than the Jeep brochure. My temptation to upgrade in short term has to be controlled, by not going on long drives with you.

Wishing you lot of happy miles. Looking forward for great pictures from Ladakh / NE drives.

Cheers,
Karthik Iyer
Thanks a lot for your kind words and for your wishes. Let's plan a long drive.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed