Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2021, 20:03   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Yes, cruise control will be helpful in some of the highways but definitely not a deal breaker for me. Your service advisor's response on this doesn't make much sense. If you hit the highways very frequently then give a serious thought about cruise control. As mentioned by you in the other thread, this is a miss in Compass manual version.

Performance and build quality-wise Compass diesel is way ahead of Seltos. It all comes down to what exactly you are looking for (performance, features, price point etc). The price difference is huge too.

By the way, even I owned Dzire ZDi 2011 model
Thanks a lot Arun for the response. Wonder why would Jeep Compass omit the cruise control option, it's a basic thing these days. Great to know you also had a Dzire ZDI, I'm sorely missing it as I don't have a ride currently. Mind is fixed on Compass manual, but let's see if I can pull it off. Apparently, Compass came into consideration after I read your post. Guess Jeep should start paying you a royalty

Beautiful set of images Arun .

Had traveled through Bisle ghat way back in 2008, the road was non-existent and we had a nightmare driving in my Swift VXI. Hope the road conditions are good now.

The image with both Jeep Compass (Red and Grey) side by side look amazing, my personal preference is the Magnesio Grey and Galaxy Blue.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th July 2021 at 05:11. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Raghunath Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 00:55   #227
BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!

Quite a detailed log with your Scarlet here, Arun!
It has helped me gain perspective of what to expect with a Compass 4x4.

I've recently come across a 2018 example on offer but am not sure if I should go for this model or continue to search for a 4x2 - plenty examples there too.
This comes mainly from the point of maintaining the differential and other things that come along with powering 2 more wheels.
I don't do off-roading but certainly munch highway miles. Upgrading from a Fiesta - so the additional ground clearance would be a boon! Not to mention the other things - build quality, materials used and what not!

I'm basically buying 2 segments above my current ride - so there's excitement.
But I'm not sure about the ASS at my location - on the fence on this one really
adneeraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 08:26   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Mind is fixed on Compass manual, but let's see if I can pull it off. Apparently, Compass came into consideration after I read your post. Guess Jeep should start paying you a royalty

Beautiful set of images Arun .

Had traveled through Bisle ghat way back in 2008, the road was non-existent and we had a nightmare driving in my Swift VXI. Hope the road conditions are good now.

The image with both Jeep Compass (Red and Grey) side by side look amazing, my personal preference is the Magnesio Grey and Galaxy Blue.
I have just shared my experience in this thread and glad you liked it. Even I like Magnesio Grey but then our earlier Dzire was also grey and hence we didn't want to go for a similar colour again.

The roads towards Bisle are good now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
Quite a detailed log with your Scarlet here, Arun!
It has helped me gain perspective of what to expect with a Compass 4x4.

I've recently come across a 2018 example on offer but am not sure if I should go for this model or continue to search for a 4x2 - plenty examples there too.
This comes mainly from the point of maintaining the differential and other things that come along with powering 2 more wheels.
I don't do off-roading but certainly munch highway miles. Upgrading from a Fiesta - so the additional ground clearance would be a boon! Not to mention the other things - build quality, materials used and what not!

I'm basically buying 2 segments above my current ride - so there's excitement.
But I'm not sure about the ASS at my location - on the fence on this one really
Thanks adneeraj!

So far there has been so specific service items for 4x4. But yes, at some point there will be additional maintenance work. Bangalore has two dealers and I have not faced any issues with servicing so far.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 10:28   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore - Bisle - Mangalore - Shiradi - Bangalore:

We took left from Hassan and went via Gorur. It started raining from this point. There was mist in most of this stretch. The road condition is good throughout except for occasional minor patches. But more importantly, it is very scenic. We stopped at multiple locations including the Bisle view point which is a 100m walk off the road.
Wow! Amazing pictures, Arun! Your thread really has some of the best Compass pictures and travel stories. Really inspirational stuff. Thanks for updating this thread regularly with such great stuff. I often use your thread to take some weekend drive ideas from your reports. :-)

After reading this, I feel like I must go there too. Are the roads manageable for a sedan? How are the overall road conditions? Any issues that sedans will face?

Quote:
Here are a few pics.
Attachment 2178503
Wow. This picture is amazing. The red compass, the lovely haripin bend on the road and the landscape around is all amazing stuff. This is one of the best car pictures I have seen in a long time.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 15th July 2021 at 10:30.
Dr.AD is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 22:24   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore - Bisle - Mangalore - Shiradi - Bangalore:

We took left from Hassan and went via Gorur. It started raining from this point. There was mist in most of this stretch. The road condition is good throughout except for occasional minor patches. But more importantly, it is very scenic. We stopped at multiple locations including the Bisle view point which is a 100m walk off the road.

Here are a few pics.
Excellent and beautiful pics, @arun_josie! Could you please let me know how long it took you to reach Bisle, and did you get any extra heavy rains? After Gorur, did you take the Arakalagud -> Uchangi route as per Google maps? Thanks!

Last edited by PearlJam : 15th July 2021 at 22:30.
PearlJam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 23:03   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Wow! Amazing pictures, Arun! Your thread really has some of the best Compass pictures and travel stories. Really inspirational stuff. Thanks for updating this thread regularly with such great stuff. I often use your thread to take some weekend drive ideas from your reports. :-)

After reading this, I feel like I must go there too. Are the roads manageable for a sedan? How are the overall road conditions? Any issues that sedans will face?

Wow. This picture is amazing. The red compass, the lovely haripin bend on the road and the landscape around is all amazing stuff. This is one of the best car pictures I have seen in a long time.
Thanks a lot for your very kind words . I should thank bhpian speedsatya for clicking this excellent pic.

The roads are good and I don't see any reason why a sedan can't do this stretch. Plan a drive and come back with some excellent pic of your red beauty :-).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Excellent and beautiful pics, @arun_josie! Could you please let me know how long it took you to reach Bisle, and did you get any extra heavy rains? After Gorur, did you take the Arakalagud -> Uchangi route as per Google maps? Thanks!
Thank you PearlJam!

Yes, we took Hassan - Gorur - Arakalagud - Uchangi route as shown in Google maps (actually google asked us to take left from Channarayapattna itself, but we skipped that). Rains were intermittent but it was very misty. We started at 3:15am from bannerghatta road and reached Bisle view point by 7:30am. The hairpin bend location is further ahead from there.

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th July 2021 at 18:45. Reason: A small typo :)
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 21:27   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

After two highway drives, Scarlett was starting to looks grubby. So, decided to take it to Krithi Car Care for a wash. As usual they did a neat and clean job.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-20210725_093637.jpg

Here are the pics after the wash. The number plate is new.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-20210725_115858.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-20210725_160037.jpg

Standing along with a Harrier red dual tone

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-20210725_164832.jpg

ODO has crossed 68,000 Kms.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-20210717_170454.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 22:06   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

A weekend trip to a place near Mudigere / Chikmagalur.

A weekend trip to a place near Mudigere / Chikmagalur. Stayed at Bean Aroma Homestay at Sathyhalli estate. It was like a home away from home, wonderful hosts and excellent food. It was perfect weather to laze around doing absolutely nothing. Very spotty cellphone reception. So, a total break from gadgets and civilization. The only place we visited was the Devigudda Peak which is about 2 kms from this estate and about 10kms from Mudigere. It was fun on the rough and wet terrain. Perfect monsoon drive! I will write a detailed report later.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-whatsapp-image-20210801-19.44.26.jpeg
arun_josie is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 06:53   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A weekend trip to a place near Mudigere / Chikmagalur.

Quote:
A weekend trip to a place near Mudigere / Chikmagalur. Stayed at Bean Aroma Homestay at Sathyhalli estate. It was like a home away from home, wonderful hosts and excellent food.
Here is the small write-up about this trip,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...udda-peak.html (A trip long time coming – Stay at outskirts of Chikmagalur and a drive to Devi Gudda peak)
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 23:30   #235
BHPian

Re: 2 years ownership update, ODO @ 61785 Kms

[*]Clutch, many got it replaced under warranty (especially from the initial batches), for me it’s good so far. Little hard but nothing to be worried about.

Can you throw some more light on this? Have apparently started getting clutch issues on my 2019 limited plus diesel MT having 32k ok the odo. Wondering if I'll i be able to get it replaced under warranty as its too early for a clutch wear.

Last edited by avi@98 : 10th August 2021 at 23:31. Reason: Improper quoting
avi@98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 13:15   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2 years ownership update, ODO @ 61785 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
[*]Clutch, many got it replaced under warranty (especially from the initial batches), for me it’s good so far. Little hard but nothing to be worried about.

Can you throw some more light on this? Have apparently started getting clutch issues on my 2019 limited plus diesel MT having 32k ok the odo. Wondering if I'll i be able to get it replaced under warranty as its too early for a clutch wear.
I doubt that they will cover this under warranty as you have covered more than 30K Kms. If this is a reported issue among 2019 models, then you can try it out. Or you can ask for some discounts.
Old 29th August 2021, 13:06   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

70,000 Kms, Wiper Replacement, Mud flap

Wiper Replacement:

Wiper was not replaced till date and off late, it started leaving lines while cleaning. So, I decided to replace the wiper and checked with the service center for the same. They had stock but the cost is 5200/- per pair. When I checked for other options, few in Jeep group suggested me to go with Bosch Clear Advantage wiper.
The size is 24 inch / 18 inch and cost is around 800 /-. I went to the Shell fuel station near my home and got it replaced. When compared to the OEM wipers, these look very flimsy. They do the job though. But I think these wipers may not last for more than 6 months. Only time will tell.

Mud flap:

The mud flap on the front right side was missing since long. It probably got loosened when I brushed along a gate a year back and must have fallen off somewhere on the highway later. So, got this replaced as well. A pair costs 1400/-.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-20210829_111610.jpg

ODO Update:

ODO has crossed 70K Kms. Another 4K Kms for the next servicing which includes the timing belt replacement as well.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-20210826_124841.jpg

Some pics during a recent drive,

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-20210826_075830.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-20210826_080042.jpg

Dash cam pics from team-bhpian abirnale . This was captured on the NICE road.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-img20210828wa0015.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-img20210828wa0022.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 21:40   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

71,000 Kms

It’s more than a month since any drives and hence not much miles on the ODO as well. It just crossed 71K and is at 71,411 Kms.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-20211010_154632.jpg

Thanks to TPMS, detected a slow puncture early and got it fixed. Strangely same type of screw was stuck on both the rear tyres. One was leaking air but the other one was not.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-20211009_194618.jpg

During a short drive on the unused stretch on the NICE road/Cloverleaf junction.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-20211010_145614.jpg

Badly needs a water wash

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-20211010_145352.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 23:00   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Mangalore Trip

Mangalore Trip:

The Dussehra long weekend tempted us to make a trip way from the city and we picked Mangalore to visit friends. We started at 4 am and took the Hassan - Gorur - Bisle route. Preferred this route as this is more scenic and the roads are in better shape. We packed breakfast to eat along the way. It rained heavily in Bangalore the night before. So, we expected rains along the way but it never rained and the sun was out by 6:30 am. The weather turned cloudy as we reached the Bisle view point.

Here are few pics from Bisle view point.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-1_bisleviewpoint.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-2_bisleviewpoint.jpg

After spending some time here, we moved ahead by few Kms to stop on the road side to have the breakfast. It was my younger one's birthday and so we cut his birthday cake at this scenic location. It was a nice and different experience.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-4_cake.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-3_j.jpg

We enjoyed this ghat section with greenery all around. I enjoyed the twisty and narrow sections however the passengers felt uncomfortable (nausea) so I had to reduce my speed.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-5_bisle-route.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-6_bisle-route.jpg

After this, we drove non-stop and reached Mangalore by 11:30 am.

We had a nice sumptuous lunch at Shetty lunch home and visited Pabbas for desserts.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-7_pabbas.jpg

Round 2 to at Pabbas on day 2

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-8_pabbas.jpg

Visited Sasihithlu Beach

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-9_beach.jpg

Return Journey:

During the return journey, bhpian speedsatya joined us for the drive. We started by 7am and stopped at Hotel Lakshmi Ganesh (KT) at Kalladka to have some delicious Mangalore Buns and Kalladka Tea for breakfast.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-10_bf.jpg

We took the same route via Bisle but after Bisle, we continued towards Holenarasipura and touched the highway at CR Patna.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-11_b2.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-12_b2.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-13_b2.jpg

There were few bad stretches in this route but it didn't worry us much. However the speed breakers in this route were a bit irritating. We also dealt with a right rear tyre puncture in this route. The lunch stop was at Paakashala.

There wasn’t a single drop of rain during the entire trip but the heavens opened when we entered the NICE road. Overall, it was a fantastic short trip.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-20211016_160624.jpg

Trip details:

This was till Mangalore. A healthy fuel efficiency of 18 Kmpl

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-trip_m.jpg

This was at the end of the trip, 15.7 Kmpl

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-trip_o.jpg

One more Puncture:

In the return journey, there was a sudden loss of air pressure (12psi) after Bisle. Since the location(GPS) was turned off in my phone, I didn’t receive the alarm from Sensairy app. Thanks to the inflator, we were able to inflate and reach Bangalore without any issues. It was a slow leak. All looked good at the breakfast stop, so I am not sure on how the sudden drop happened. Fixed the puncture after reaching Bangalore and found out that it was a small piece of bone that had caused the puncture.

I normally keep the location turned on, but somehow missed it that day. I will make sure to keep the GPS turned on in my phone.

And for the first time I used this inflator during a trip.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-14.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 17th October 2021 at 23:03.
arun_josie is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 20:05   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

ODO @ 73,000 Kms.

ODO @ 73,000 Kms

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-odo.jpg

Some clicks during short drives around Bannerghatta

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-1.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-2.jpg

When Scarlett met Dr.Ad's Red-Hot BMW

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-img20211017wa0012.jpg

A pic clicked by a Bhpian sajands

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-img20211101181241__01.jpg

The hottest topic these days is about the fuel price. My previous refuel was @ 100.43/-, thankfully there was a price drop and refueled today at 85.04/-

Here is the price chart captured during the Compass ownership so far, it ranges from 68/- (April, 2019) to 100/- which was before the current price drop. Hoping for further decline in fuel price.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-fuel-price-chart.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed