Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2020, 18:28   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: An update after long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Was this on the highway itself?

Any idea if they are allowing cars to pass through to Trivandrum border with the KL pass and TN transit pass?
Outgoing could be easy, but returning may be tough. I know someone who recently went to Coimbatore and returned. Let me check with him.
Old 25th May 2020, 18:35   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Outgoing could be easy, but returning may be tough. I know someone who recently went to Coimbatore and returned. Let me check with him.
Coimbatore route is anyways tricky.

Some make it through, some get unlucky - heard Coimbatore police randomly decided to deny all passes last day and send back everyone towards Salem. A BHPians friend had to return till Salem and find accommodation there.

Aralvaimozhi falls after the Nagercoil - Trivandrum road departs from the Kanyakumari 4-lane. Hence more curious about this one.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th May 2020 at 18:36.
Old 25th May 2020, 20:09   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Was this on the highway itself?
After crossing Madurai, I had to stop and put entry at the check-posts in Virudhunagar, Kovilpatti and Tirunelveli. It took at least 10 minutes each at these places. Temperature check was done at Tirunelveli. These check-posts are on the highway only.

Quote:
Any idea if they are allowing cars to pass through to Trivandrum border with the KL pass and TN transit pass?
Yes, they allow to pass after taking all the details at aralvaimozhi check-post. (passenger details, address, contact details, pass details + temperature check)

Last edited by arun_josie : 25th May 2020 at 20:13.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 21:29   #139
BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!

Dear Arun, any restrictions with travelling up to Coimbatore? Do we require any pass?
Old 25th May 2020, 22:17   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Dear Arun, any restrictions with travelling up to Coimbatore? Do we require any pass?
For Bangalore - Coimbatore, you will need TN pass. Even inter-district movement withing TN requires a pass.

Here is the link to apply the ePass, https://tnepass.tnega.org/#/user/pass

You can post your queries here too,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ic-pass-5.html (Anyone in need of an Emergency Traffic Pass?)
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 18:39   #141
Senior - BHPian

Great to see you enjoying the Compass. I guess your will be the most well traveled Compass on the forum.

Wanted to ask you about the clutch. How is it holding up. I have been reading other reviews and people have experienced heavy clutch after about 25k kilometers and then it start getting harder.

Have you experienced this in your vehicle.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 08:05   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Wanted to ask you about the clutch. How is it holding up. I have been reading other reviews and people have experienced heavy clutch after about 25k kilometers and then it start getting harder.

Have you experienced this in your vehicle.
It is good so far. Of course it is not as good as new, but nothing to complaint about. Initial batches had clutch issues which many got it replaced under warranty.
Old 31st May 2020, 08:13   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
It is good so far. Of course it is not as good as new, but nothing to complaint about. Initial batches had clutch issues which many got it replaced under warranty.
Thanks for clearing this up. Good to know that the issue is resolved by FCA.

I have been checking out the 4x4 Limited Plus MT for some time now and trying to do my research.

The tyre size on the Limited Plus is another concern, 225/55 R18. Apparently only Bridestone makes it and it's close to 16k.

No options for All Terrain Tyres too.

How about the Ski Grey Interiors, are they difficult to maintain and have you noticed any change in color or other degradation.

Thanks once again.
Old 31st May 2020, 11:45   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for clearing this up. Good to know that the issue is resolved by FCA.

I have been checking out the 4x4 Limited Plus MT for some time now and trying to do my research.

The tyre size on the Limited Plus is another concern, 225/55 R18. Apparently only Bridestone makes it and it's close to 16k.

No options for All Terrain Tyres too.
Its a concern for R17 as well, you have Firestone, Yokohama and few other not so great tyre options. Some people have moved to 235/60/R17 Michelin Primacy SUV which is almost double the price.

Quote:

How about the Ski Grey Interiors, are they difficult to maintain and have you noticed any change in color or other degradation.
With two kids, Ski Grey Interiors is a pain to maintain when compared to the darker shades. One pattern that I observed is, while entering inside, people tend to hit the inside part of the door by mistake, and that leaves a mark due to the light colours of the interiors.

I have done interior cleaning only once so far. This was done during the detailing work at Krithi Car Care (https://krithicarcare.com/). Planning to get this done again soon.

One plus point that I see is, this colour gives a premium look to the interiors especially when compared to the black interiors in the black pack version of the Trailhawk.

Last edited by arun_josie : 31st May 2020 at 11:46.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 12:03   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Its a concern for R17 as well, you have Firestone, Yokohama and few other not so great tyre options. Some people have moved to 235/60/R17 Michelin Primacy SUV which is almost double the price.

With two kids, Ski Grey Interiors is a pain to maintain when compared to the darker shades. One pattern that I observed is, while entering inside, people tend to hit the inside part of the door by mistake, and that leaves a mark due to the light colours of the interiors.

I have done interior cleaning only once so far. This was done during the detailing work at Krithi Car Care (https://krithicarcare.com/). Planning to get this done again soon.

One plus point that I see is, this colour gives a premium look to the interiors especially when compared to the black interiors in the black pack version of the Trailhawk.
Yes the Ski Grey color looks very plush, no doubt. If its durable enough then it can be maintained without too much issue.

The tyres are definitely a cause of concern. I usually prefer AT tyres in SUV's but there are no options avaialble for this size in India.

Thanks for your inputs.
Old 3rd June 2020, 12:03   #146
BHPian

Amazing review on your Jeep Compass 4x4.
Im waiting for you to take it offroad and test its offroad capability. I hope you know this, since jeep 4x4 doesnt have a center diffs the 4wd lock must not be engaged in tarmac or areas where there is traction. Also, is there any mechanism in Jeep to prevent this from happening.
MohammedEza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 11:11   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedEza View Post
Amazing review on your Jeep Compass 4x4.
Im waiting for you to take it offroad and test its offroad capability. I hope you know this, since jeep 4x4 doesnt have a center diffs the 4wd lock must not be engaged in tarmac or areas where there is traction. Also, is there any mechanism in Jeep to prevent this from happening.
AFAIK, the Compass is an AWD with an electronically managed locking mechanism. It engages and disengages the rear wheels depending on traction loss. Also since it is electronically controlled it can transfer the upto 100% of torque to any one wheel by activating brakes on the slipping wheels.

I am not sure if you can put the 4WD lock on tarmac though. But the need for the center diff has been negated due to the electronics.

Edit: Check the Mopar videos for Jeep 4WD instructions. It clearly says you can engage 4WD lock in any of the 4 or 5 Terrain Modes including Auto. So I am pretty sure you can engage 4WD lock on Tarmac also.

Last edited by Traveler : 4th June 2020 at 11:18.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 12:25   #148
BHPian

Quote:
So I am pretty sure you can engage 4WD lock on Tarmac also.
So it may have a sensor that can detect transmission wind up and disconnect the 4wd. Or just like in Thar and Gurkha, the user must know that he should not engage it in tarmac. I dont think the locking mechanism by individual wheel braking can negate the need of center diffs. And also i doubt if it would be able to transmit 100% of torque to one wheel.
Old 6th June 2020, 21:54   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

ODO crossed 44,444 Kms

And finally back to bangalore after a month!

Return to bangalore was uneventful than I expected. It was a quick pass through at the KA entry check-post as I had to just show the pass. More details here, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4816838 (Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions)

During this drive ODO crossed 44,444 Kms. Currently it is at 44,446 Kms.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-img_20200603_151746180.jpg

This was during the return @ BPCL COCO, Thoppur

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-img_20200603_130800101_hdr.jpg

An unfortunate hit on the front bumper, this happened in my home town in a very narrow street. My previous car Linea also got hit twice at the same spot and once it required repainting of bumper.

This time at the first touch, I didn't feel the impact. So I continued going ahead and aggravated the damage. The paint part didn't get damaged though, thanks to the PPF. 2-3 clips from the black cladding came off, I pushed it back.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-img_20200603_155949885.jpg

Now I am in 14 days quarantine period and after this I will get the following work done,

- 45K servicing @ PPS Motors
- Wheel Alignment/Balancing @ Madhus. Need to check the condition of tyres too.
- Interior cleaning @ Krithi Car Care

It’s going to be a expensive month for the car maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedEza View Post
I hope you know this, since jeep 4x4 doesnt have a center diffs the 4wd lock must not be engaged in tarmac or areas where there is traction. Also, is there any mechanism in Jeep to prevent this from happening.
It can be engaged in auto mode.

And this is what the manual says, This four-wheel drive operation is a continuous operation, is fully automatic and can be used on and off road. This mode balances traction to ensure maneuverability and acceleration improvement compared to a vehicle with two wheel drive. This mode also reduces fuel consumption, since it allows the disconnect of the drive shaft where conditions permit.
arun_josie is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 17:37   #150
BHPian

This has to be the highest mileage Jeep Compass in India. Hope to see it cover around 2 lakh km like your Linea.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks