Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2020, 22:02   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

45,000 Kms service update

45,000 Kms service update:

I got this service done last week. This service was done after 16,089 Kms from the previous service.

I was the first that day for the service. Not much crowd due to the current situation.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-1.jpg

They sanitized the car before working on it. The Manager insisted as this is for their employee safety and they don't want to take any risk.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-2.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-3.jpg

The parts that were getting replaced

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-4.jpg

State of the air filter after 16K Kms

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-5.jpg

One wheel nut had to be replaced as it got stuck and they couldn't remove it without any damages.

Other Updates:

Brake Pads: Front brake pads need a replacement in another 5K Kms. Rear pads looks good.

Clutch: Not as smooth as new, but it isn’t hard either and I don't have any complaints.

Suspension: No complaints so far.

Battery: No issues so far. The health was good when it was tested during this service.

Tyres: Needs replacement soon. This is going to be a big expense item.

Billing:

Overall bill came to 14372/- and the work was done in quick time. Next service will be at 60K Kms.

Before service, the engine was sluggish and louder than usual. This has disappeared after the service and I was able to feel the difference instantly.

Service History

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-overall.jpg

I got the Wheel Alignment / Wheel Balancing @ Madhus after the service.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-6.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-img_20200618_172449295.jpg

Interior cleaning is pending, it is close to an year since it got a proper treatment. Planning to get this done soon.

No other updates for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
This has to be the highest mileage Jeep Compass in India. Hope to see it cover around 2 lakh km like your Linea.
No, there are cars with 90K Kms on the ODO .

Last edited by arun_josie : 22nd June 2020 at 22:04.
arun_josie is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 20:24   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Deep Interior Cleaning @ Krithi Car Care (HBR layout)

Deep Interior Cleaning @ Krithi Car Care (HBR layout):

White interiors are tough to maintain(ski grey interior) and its been a long time since Scarlett got a proper deep cleaning of the interiors. So I made some time this week for a trip to Krithi Car Care (HBR layout) to get this work done. Its almost a month since the last highway drive. So I took the NICE road to reach HBR layout :-). It came close to 60Kms.

Main objective was to get the interiors cleaned and these guys did a fantastic job. Scarlett was back to showroom condition, especially the interiors. I knew that there were lot of dirt patches on the seats but didn't expect them to be back to pristine condition. Every nook and corner was taken care by these folks.

You can see the difference between the cleaned and the uncleaned part here

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t3b.jpg

The exterior got its share of cleaning as well. Didn't touch the damaged part of the PPF for now

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t3a.jpg

By the time the work got done it was dark and cloudy outside and was hoping to rush before the rain pours.

All glossy and set to hit the tarmac again

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t1.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t2.jpg

I was just 5Kms away from this place when the skies opened and it started pouring heavily. Thats my forever luck. Any time I get the car cleaned, it rains with 100% certainty. Murphy and I go a long way in this. It rained all along till I reached home.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t4.jpg

Couldn't take any proper pics of the interiors as it was cloudy during the next two days. Got the chance today to click some pics.

Here are some..

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t5.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t6.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t7.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t8.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t9.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t10.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t11.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t12.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t13.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t14.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 26th June 2020 at 22:27. Reason: typo fixed
arun_josie is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 21:14   #153
Team-BHP Support

Re: Deep Interior Cleaning @ Krithi Car Care (HBR layout)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I was just 5Kms away from this place when the skies opened and it started pouring heavily. Thats my forever luck. Any time I get the car cleaned, it rains with 100% certainty. Murphy and I go a long way in this. It rained all along till I reached home.

Before so many options opened up including Kriti and when 3M HSR under Sidhu was the only trusted option for many BHPians - I used to drive down from Yelahanka and face this every single time.

Even with Kriti - the first time I did glass coating there and was advised not to put the wipers for a day, it still rained before I could make it home.

Murphy hates us carguys.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 16:47   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Road trip in times of Covid19(Shettihalli Rosary church ruins) and ODO @ 45,000 Kms

Road trip in times of Covid19 (Shettihalli Rosary church ruins) and ODO @ 45,000 Kms:

Since mid-March, my kids haven’t stepped out our house and life has become very monotonous for them. Naturally, they’ve been getting restless cooped up at home dependent on digital screens for entertainment. With the current situation, drives have become challenging as we don’t want to make unnecessary social interactions. So, this weekend, we decided to pack lunch and hit the highway and go to a place where there isn’t much crowd. The plan was to take the Hassan highway and drive till we wanted, have a roadside picnic and return to Bangalore. We really didn’t have the destination in mind when we started, but we ended up in one of our family favorite spot, Shettihalli rosary church ruins.

We started around 9am and I filled the tank after almost a month. The fuel cost was Rs.76.45 per liter, the highest I have ever paid and looks like this is going to be the new normal. After fueling, we took the NICE road and connected to the Hassan highway.

The drive was relaxed and we reached the spot around 12:30 PM. I was surprised as the crowd was more than usual. A biker gang was there, and apart from them multiple photo-shoots were going on too.

Thankfully, the river bed wasn’t crowded as the photo-shoots were happening around the ruins. We were able to find a place with no crowd. The boys had fun throwing stones into the water. After spending some time there clicking pics, we decided to drive towards Sakleshpur via interior roads (thanks to the suggestion from paragsachania) and stop on the roadside for lunch. So, we drove some 10+ Kms and stopped at a roadside clearing for lunch. It was a nice different experience, we enjoyed it.

Post lunch we decided to skip Sakleshpur as we wanted to return before 6PM. During the return drive, the traffic was heavier but we were able to reach by 5pm.

Overall, a relaxed drive after long time and everyone enjoyed it.

We took the following precautions during this drive:
  • Masks and sanitizers used appropriately.
  • Fastag/Proper change at toll as needed
  • Stayed away from the crowd/public.
  • Packed home food for a roadside picnic
  • Took enough water to hold us for the entire day.
Here are few pics,

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-1.jpg

We stayed away from crowd
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-2.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-3.jpg

Packed Food
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-4.jpg

We stayed away from this crowd
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-5.jpg

Traffic during the return
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-6.jpg

ODO @ 45,000 Kms
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-7.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 28th June 2020 at 17:16.
arun_josie is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 12:40   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Road trip in times of Covid19(Shettihalli Rosary church ruins) and ODO @ 45,000 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
We started around 9am and I filled the tank after almost a month. The fuel cost was Rs.76.45 per liter, the highest I have ever paid and looks like this is going to be the new normal.
When driving has remained your eternal normal, skyrocketing fuel prices or exhorbitant tolls should not be a worry Arun .

That was a quick update. Wish you had more time that day so you would have covered some more beautiful places around here.

Last edited by paragsachania : 29th June 2020 at 12:42.
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 18:00   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Road trip in times of Covid19(Shettihalli Rosary church ruins) and ODO @ 45,000 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
When driving has remained your eternal normal, skyrocketing fuel prices or exhorbitant tolls should not be a worry Arun .
Fastag has insured that the hikes in tolls are masked. However, when it comes to fuel pricing, the number of forwards in social media ensured that I should take a note of this

Quote:
That was a quick update. Wish you had more time that day so you would have covered some more beautiful places around here.
Yes, we started late and hence couldn't cover the sakleshpur circuit that you suggested. Next time for sure.
arun_josie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 12:14   #157
Team-BHP Support

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!

I see this beautiful red Compass everyday in front of our apartment and it reminds me of this thread. It looks very nice and every time I see it I think of buying one when we go back. Your experience is quite assuring as well!

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-img_0826.jpg
BlackPearl is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 09:00   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!

A quick 50 Kms short drive before the complete 7 day lock-down in Bangalore.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-4a.jpg

ODO is around 45,750 Kms now. Here is a click at 45678.

@Sandeep500, FCA uses Mopar engine oil, I received this pic in a Whtsapp group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I see this beautiful red Compass everyday in front of our apartment and it reminds me of this thread. It looks very nice and every time I see it I think of buying one when we go back. Your experience is quite assuring as well!
Scarlett's long lost cousin. But yes, this car can't be ignored easily in this segment.
arun_josie is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 11:19   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Short drive to Mandaragiri Hill

Short drive to Mandaragiri Hill:

Its more than a month since the shettihalli drive and the kids haven't seen the outside world since then. So, looked out for lesser known spots/less crowded place around Bangalore for a short drive. Mandaragiri hill was in my mind for sometime, so we decided to visit this place with some packed food.

It is just 90Kms from my place and we reached there in quick time. There is a Jain temple at the top of the hillock with a view point. We didn't climb the hillock. We drove around the foothills and did a 2KM stretch on narrow mud roads and rocky terrain to chance up on the water body behind the hillock. Thankfully there was absolutely no crowd. It was very peaceful and we spent about an hour there getting some much needed fresh air and sunshine before returning.

Some pics,

On the way to the water body

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t2.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t1.jpg

Rocks all around

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t3.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t6.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 20:47   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Mangalore Drive

Mangalore Drive:

Long time since a long drive and I've been wishing for an opportunity to go on a drive in the rains. With heavy rains beyond Hassan till Mangalore, I couldn't resist and decided to go on a Solo drive and return the same day. I was joined by my usual partner speedsatya during the onward journey and returned solo.

We started at 3:00 AM and it was boring till Kunigal. It started drizzling after that and wet roads welcomed us .

Hassan - Sakeleshpur is not in a great shape, lot of potholes and some were mega sized. Here are some pics

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-ed8.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-ed9.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-ed10.jpg

Towards the end of the Shiradi ghat we took the route Kulkunda - Ithoor - Perabe - Koila route. This is an excellent stretch with less traffic and greenery all around. Its about 25 Kms more but a relief from the highway traffic. We stopped for breaks 2-3 times and reached Mangalore by 9am.

Some pics from the Kulkunda - Ithoor - Perabe - Koila route

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-ed1.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-ed4.jpg

We had a nice delicious lunch at Shetty lunch home and I started the return journey at 2PM. Took the Shiradi route again and it was raining heavily for the next one hour and light showers and drizzles continued till Hassan. Stopped at Reliance, Hassan for refueling and continued non stop till home.

Traffic at Nelamangala toll was horrible.

Overall, it was a nice drive!

Some pics,

Early morning rain
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-img_20200808_085606898_hdr.jpg

PC: speedsatya, these were taken near his place in Mangalore

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t2c.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t1c.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-t3.jpg

During the return on the Shiradi ghat

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-img_20200808_161851511_hdr.jpg

Trip Details

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-trip-details.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 19:23   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Drive to Vani Vilas Dam and Chitradurga Fort

Drive to Vani Vilas Dam and Chitradurga Fort:

A short drive with family. It was a late decision and I didn't do much research about these places. Agenda was to spend some time in fresh air for kids.

We started late after breakfast and carried food for lunch. First destination was Vani Vilas Dam. Traffic was heavier till Tumkur and later it slowed down. Overall, it was a nice drive till the dam.

Once we get off from the highway, its a nice scenic 2L road. After raching the dam/temple, we took a narrow route which took us to the top from where we get the view of the back waters. There wasn't much crowd at this place and we spent a good 40-45 minutes here clicking pics. It was windy and sunny with a slight drizzle. Perfect monsoon weather!

On the top with the view of the backwaters. There is another route which takes us closer to the backwaters which we missed to go.

Nice 2L stretch

Later we drove downhill and stopped under a tree to have the lunch.

After the quick lunch, we drove down towards Chitradurga fort. Its a 13th century fort on top of a hillock with many levels uphill. It is massive with many areas to explore. It will easily take half a day to cover the whole fort. You need to do lot of walking around here, uphill climbing on gazilloin steps. We spent an hour here going up as far as we could and returned. Two kids who are out of touch with physical activities didn't help our wish to go uphill fully.

The fort is nicely maintained by Archaeological Survey of India(ASI) and the ticketing system is fully online. No cash counter available. QR code scanning to pay the entry fees. No entry without masks.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-7.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-8.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-9.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-10.jpg

During the return dive, it rained heavily for around 20mins.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-11a.jpg

And thankfully the tolls were not crowded, especially the Nelamangala toll.

Overall, it was a wonderful day trip.

Trip details

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-trip-details.jpg

This was somewhere near Bannerghatta zoo,

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-11.jpg

ODO crossed 48K today

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-48k.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 14:40   #162
BHPian

Sorry for hijacking your thread sir,
Also very near to Chitradurga is this place called Jogimatti forest.
It closes by 12PM (That's what Google said) and yet we went there to get some western ghats feel. There's a zoo as well but since we had decided not to go near crowd we turned back. The drive to that place was worth it as it felt refreshing and to an extent it did give western ghats feels.
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-jogi.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,40,000 km up!-web.jpg

Cheers.
Abhinav V is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 19:55   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav V View Post
Sorry for hijacking your thread sir,
Also very near to Chitradurga is this place called Jogimatti forest.
It closes by 12PM (That's what Google said) and yet we went there to get some western ghats feel. There's a zoo as well but since we had decided not to go near crowd we turned back. The drive to that place was worth it as it felt refreshing and to an extent it did give western ghats feels.
I had seen your post in another thread. Since ours was a last minute decision, I didn't plan much. Moreover we started late. Anyways, I will keep this in mind when we explore this area next time.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 22:59   #164
BHPian

arun_josie Good to see the car munching miles.
What was the distance covered in this trip? How's the clutch - any heaviness? Seen people complain after 20K or so. Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 08:20   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysaj View Post
arun_josie Good to see the car munching miles.
What was the distance covered in this trip?
470 Kms and the FE was 17Kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysaj View Post
How's the clutch - any heaviness? Seen people complain after 20K or so. Thanks
I don't have any complaints about the clutch. Slight heaviness is there but I don't get a feel of that unless I'm consciously trying to get a feel of the clutch.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks