Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2021, 18:57   #271
BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!

Could you please share the contact of any service advisor that i can get in touch with. If all goes well, I might take a pre-owned one to get it checked this Thursday/Friday.
Old 1st December 2021, 10:56   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Could you please share the contact of any service advisor that i can get in touch with. If all goes well, I might take a pre-owned one to get it checked this Thursday/Friday.
You can contact Prakash who is the Service Manager @ PPS/MPS, Hosur Road branch.
Old 1st December 2021, 13:30   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
You can contact Prakash who is the Service Manager @ PPS/MPS, Hosur Road branch.
Thanks a lot, Arun. Will get in touch.
Old 25th December 2021, 08:01   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Seasons Greetings and Happy Holidays!
Attached Thumbnails
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-img20211225wa0021.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 08:23   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Seasons Greetings and Happy Holidays!
Thank you!

Merry Christmas to you and everyone in your family too Arun!

Ah! We people with red cars definitely can make them Santa during the Christmas!

That is a dope pic!!
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 23:25   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Thank you!

Merry Christmas to you and everyone in your family too Arun!

Ah! We people with red cars definitely can make them Santa during the Christmas!

That is a dope pic!!
Thanks for the wishes and hope you had a good one too.

Scarlett sure can play Santa.
Old 31st December 2021, 15:48   #277
BHPian

Re: New Tyres (Yokohama Earth-1), New Brake Pads and ODO@ 51800

Quote:
New Tyres (Yokohama Earth-1), New Brake Pads and ODO@ 51800

I got this replaced at Madhus.

Initial impression is, these tyres are way better than the Firestones. Eventhough Earth1 is said to be harder than BluEarth - RV02, its on the softer side and silent when compared to the stock Firestones.
Hi Arun, great thread - it's a gold mine for new Compas owners like me. Thank you!

Interested to know if how the yokos are holding up? Noticed you bought them from Madhus. I could be wrong but they don't seem to be a YCN outlet. Will that cause warranty issues later on? As for YCNs, Sai Iyengar Tyres Indiranagar is one that I could find in Bangalore.

Another query I had is related to the 225 55R18 size my compass came with. I could not find any good options in this size. Turanzas are probably the only options right now and I have seen lot of Tucson owners also opting for the same as the OEM Nexens are apparently nit great. Do you think it makes sense to change to R17s at some point so that there are more options available?
Rookie_Jeeper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 10:11   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Wishing everyone a happy new year 2022 and many more happy and safe miles!

Traditions! A drive to Kanyakumari is always a part of our trip home and this one was no less.Did some driving on the beach. Enabled the sand mode and it was fun.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-img20211231wa0160.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Jeeper View Post
Hi Arun, great thread - it's a gold mine for new Compas owners like me. Thank you!

Interested to know if how the yokos are holding up?

Another query I had is related to the 225 55R18 size my compass came with. I could not find any good options in this size. Turanzas are probably the only options right now and I have seen lot of Tucson owners also opting for the same as the OEM Nexens are apparently nit great. Do you think it makes sense to change to R17s at some point so that there are more options available?
Thank you

Now it is 25K Kms old and holding good. Its way better than the stock Firestones. It has become harder now but still not a bad option. BluEarth is supposed to be more silent and softer than Earth1.

Yes, 17inch has more options than 18. Below are some of the options,

1. BluEarth - Yokohama (225/60-17)
2. Earth 1 - Yokohama 225/60/17
3. Bridgestone Turanza 225/60/17
4. Primacy SUV - Michelin (235/60/17 or 225/65/17)
5. Firestone - 225/60/17

Some of the other options with different size are,
1. Scorpion Verde all season - Pirelli (225/65/17)
2. Efficient Grip SUV - GoodYear (225/65/17)
3. MRF Wanderer 225/65/17
4. Apollo Apterra HT2 225/60/17

Moving to 17 inch means you will have to replace the alloys too, an expensive move. But yes, you get more tyre options.

Quote:

Noticed you bought them from Madhus. I could be wrong but they don't seem to be a YCN outlet. Will that cause warranty issues later on? As for YCNs, Sai Iyengar Tyres Indiranagar is one that I could find in Bangalore.
Madhus being a reputed shop, I don't think there will be any issues with the warranty claim.

Last edited by arun_josie : 1st January 2022 at 10:14.
arun_josie is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 21:16   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Drive Via Karaikal to Nagercoil (from Bangalore):

Instead of our routine route to home town, this time we tried the route via Karaikal. It’s a roundabout drive via the coastal roads of Nagapattinam, Ramanathapuram, Tuticorin. From Tuticorin, we took the NH via Tirunelveli although the initial plan was to continue on the coastal road till Kanyakumari.

It’s two lane roads after Thalaivasal till Tuticorin. This is about 550 Kms and the roads are pretty much good throughout. Karaikal to Tuticorin goes along the coast and once in a while you get to see the sea to your left. This is not as scenic as the MH coastal roads (I have covered some parts of the MH coast). But there are some stretches between green paddy fields on this coastal route which was very pleasing to the eyes.

We stayed in Karaikal, so started after breakfast and then stopped for lunch at Ramanathapuram. Since we have visited Rameshwaram already, we skipped it this time. Overall, I enjoyed driving on these two lane roads. There are not many options for pit stops on this route though.

Some pics of nice two lane roads

Coastal route from Karaikal to Tuticorin

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-coastal-route.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-1.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-2.jpg

Scarlett in the middle of a green field.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-3.jpg

When we stopped near a salt field (near Tuticorin). This stretch is full of salt fields around Tuticorin

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-4.jpg

Some pics captured during local drives

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-6.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-7.jpg

@ Kanyakumari
Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-5.jpg

Two Punctures:

Picked up two punctures during the local drives. One on the rear right and one on the front left. Both were similar type of screws. Thanks to TPMS as I was able to see drop in air pressure and fixed the puncture on time. 26K Kms done on these tyres so far and they are still looking good.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-t1.jpeg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-t2.jpeg

ODO at 77777

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-77777.jpeg

Last edited by arun_josie : 9th January 2022 at 21:35.
arun_josie is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 18:12   #280
BHPian

Hello Arun - Just wanted to say - your ownership report is so well documented and has wealth of info and needless to say you have looked after it well.

I will be referring to this thread to help keep my jeep for a long time and may PM you as well for info/advice.

Wishing you many more happy miles with your Jeep.
redballons is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 18:46   #281
BHPian

Quote:

1. BluEarth - Yokohama (225/60-17)
2. Earth 1 - Yokohama 225/60/17
3. Bridgestone Turanza 225/60/17
Very helpful thread as usual with your updates. Would you recommend the bluearth or earth1 if both are available? Also how are the sensairy tpms holding up (as I’m considering getting a set).
di1in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 23:30   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Very helpful thread as usual with your updates. Would you recommend the bluearth or earth1 if both are available? Also how are the sensairy tpms holding up (as I’m considering getting a set).
Earth1 is good and better than the Firestones. But BluEarth is supposed to be more silent and softer than Earth1. I went ahead with Earth1 because BluEarth had availability issues. I am not sure about the current situation though.

Did you check Goodyear Wrangler AT SilentTrac 225/60/R17? This was launched very recently and the only AT option in this size.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-whatsapp-image-20220114-23.22.12.jpeg

Quote:
Also how are the sensairy tpms holding up (as I’m considering getting a set).
Sensairy TPMS is working fine and I have not faced any issues so far. It has been very helpful.
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 00:18   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Also how are the sensairy tpms holding up (as I’m considering getting a set).
Using it since 4+ years. In the past few months, 3 sensors gave up out of 5. Expect the battery to last about 4-4.5 years, then you need to replace the sensor.
batish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 10:31   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Did you check Goodyear Wrangler AT SilentTrac 225/60/R17? This was launched very recently and the only AT option in this size.
That's good news Arun! But do you think AT is necessary for people who drive just 20-30% off-road? People are regularly going to places like Leh on regular tubeless HTs, so not sure ATs are required unless one is into hardcore offroading. Also need to keep in mind factors like higher road noise and more stopping distance etc. Nonetheless more options are always welcome. Thanks for sharing

Quote:
Sensairy TPMS is working fine and I have not faced any issues so far. It has been very helpful.
Sorry if you have shared this earlier - can you please share the cost for TPMS with the forum. Thanks!
Rookie_Jeeper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 22:23   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's good news Arun! But do you think AT is necessary for people who drive just 20-30% off-road? People are regularly going to places like Leh on regular tubeless HTs, so not sure ATs are required unless one is into hardcore offroading.
I think its a personal choice. Yes, many have done Leh/Ladakh and NE on HT tyres, but definitely AT will help to navigate tougher terrains better.

Quote:
Also need to keep in mind factors like higher road noise and more stopping distance etc. Nonetheless more options are always welcome. Thanks for sharing
Yes, need to check feedbacks on GY Wrangler AT SilentTrac tyres.

Even otherwise, we don't have great options in HT.

Quote:
Sorry if you have shared this earlier - can you please share the cost for TPMS with the forum. Thanks!
I couldn't find the bill, will check and let you know.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks