Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Big Sticker -> 1900/-
Pardon my ignorance, but what is this ?
Old 12th December 2007, 21:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shan,

About Battery issue I too heard about it. So far i don't have any isuses with stock Exide Battery even today while installing H4 Bulb I checked Battery and terminal things seems fine.

When I checked about it what I heard is few units have this issue. Service Centre guys have rectified the issues for few guys.

I suggest when you visit Bangalore visit Ravindu Toyota and try if they can help you to make sure no more Battery issue.

When i studied it appeared Amaron is good battery in India for Cars and office online UPS(I use Amaron in office from last 1 year no issues so far but I will know only after 2 years usage).

What I have noticed is when we on the engine (crank the keys) the way iot switches on is not like the way other cars. But I noticed same way with other 2 Petrol Innovas so i guess since its 2 ltr engine toyota engines starts that way. While driving 2 or 3 occassions engine got switched off and it didn't on in first attempt may be driver rushed to switch it on in heavy traffic but thats all i noticed.

hi Eddy,

Big sticker I mean side sticker which is big one which starts from front to end both the side of the car

I will post pictures soon.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 12th December 2007, 21:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice report Ravi. Looks like your enjoying you Innova alot. Just add a FFE and it will be flying.

BTW whats Cooling Paper?
Old 12th December 2007, 22:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks BUSA.

I forgot to mention that FFE, I have seen Mr. Bangalore's Innova with FFE which is very nice, he is getting good FE so I am tempted to do that but I will make sure its silent FFE rather than FFE with amazing sound!

But I need silent car since I hate noise, thats why baught Petrol Innova. After installing K&N Air Filter sound of the car is more silent. I am impressed. Pick up is improved as well, less gear shift with smooth sailing.

When I was struggling with Petrol Swift's pickup my friend suggested K&N Airfilter but I had lost interest in that car and sold it to my friend who waited for 9 months to buy it.

I will soon add FFE for sure.

Cooling paper I mean sun film my car has double Sun Film (3M and another good brand) Sorry for local language.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 12th December 2007 at 22:17.
Old 13th December 2007, 01:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

KnN filters are very good, so are Green Cotton filters.

I would suggest go for 4-2-1 headers, which will help the low end.

Innova engine is a VVTi, the Swift petrol engine is no match for it IMO.
Old 24th January 2008, 13:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Small update about Intermediate service: I wanted to fix few issues things once for all so found 2 days off time and booked appointment well in 1 week advance.

From last 3 months we noticed outside smell used to enter the cabin even if AC is on with inside air circulation mode mainly when we are struck in traffic or passing heavy factory areas where there is too much of smell in the air.

Gave vehicle for service on 22nd evening in Ravindu Toyota before I boarded KSTDC volvo bus Tirupati package tour. Today Morning I collected the vehicle. Only disappointment is i had to wait for 90 minutes to take the delivery and same case other 4 owners service advisors give bad excuse of shortage of drivers and even after repeated request they will never drive out from service area. Service Advisor went and have them the car out. Toyota need to improve this for sure I can almost every customer get disappointed there who wait for so long time with frustration.

List of jobs done:

1. Outside Bad smell entering into cabin when As on: Looks like its fixed but i will know only after I travel in all sorts of roads. Good that I can see they have cleaned entire AC units/ducts/pipes etc..

2. Loose Driver's Seat : Fixed

3. Doors and Window Rattling : Fixed

4. Tight Gear shift : They said they checked (I guess they said clutch bleeding ) and fixed it, i will know only after few hundred kilometer driving.

Costs: Nill, they didn't charge for anything, no labour charges also.

I can see every time they do quality job but need to improve in providing service on time! Because I give them lot of extra time to get it done after I realized they never deliver on time.

Tomorrow's my car scheudle: Washing, Cleaning of interiors/exteriors and then polishing by the person who give door delivery service. Expected cost: 700/- rs

I will post some real good pictures soon.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 24th January 2008, 13:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my car has double Sun Film (3M and another good brand) Sorry for local language.
Why 2 different sun films ? Not the best thing to do IMO.

Quote:
Tomorrow's my car scheudle: Washing, Cleaning of interiors/exteriors and then polishing by the person who give door delivery service. Expected cost: 700/- rs
Only 700 bucks !! Does he do door delivery in Mumbai ?
Old 24th January 2008, 16:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ravi - Nice review there. Dont see too many folks with a Petrol Innova. Glad to know that you're delighted with your purchase.

Few Questions - Is it easy to park? Some conflicting opinions here, some ppl say its too long and is a slight hassle to park. some say, its a breeze, not really longer.

Is it adequately powered with a full load and with the AC on. I know the diesel is fantastic in power. How does the petrol fare?

Hows the comfort in the 3rd row of seats? Is it only for kids/luggage or can 2 or 3 adults sit comfortably there?

Cheers !!!
Old 24th January 2008, 16:26   #24
Team-BHP Support

lalvaz let me answer questions 1 and 3.

1) - it is very easy to park provided you have parking sensors. its not much longer than a normal sedan like the honda city

3) the third row of seats is surprisingly comfortable. 2 adults can sit like kings and if there is a 3rd one it is a squeeze.
Old 24th January 2008, 17:00   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

Only 700 bucks !! Does he do door delivery in Mumbai ?

I'm sure he will, if you could arrange his 2-way air tickets and lunch at Preetham da Dhaba
Old 24th January 2008, 20:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

About Sun Film dealer had put 3M sun Film free of cost while buying the car but when I have baught the vehicle from first owner I noticed rear left door's window don't have sun film (may be glass was replaced later but I don't know that) plus I felt its too light shade since I travel in coastal area too. Hence I decided to put sun film with dark shade. Although we discussed putting sun film on one another might make glasses too flashy we just took chance and after the work Driver is fine without any issues so I continued with double sun film

About car washing/cleaning/polishing his company is bangalore based one I will find out If he has any contact in Mumbai and let you know.

Once you know your Innova well (500km drive) one can park innova even in tight condition even without parking sensors although having them will help a lot. Sitting poisition is so good you can see all around very easily much better than Sedan/Hatch.

Petrol Innova has lot of power much better than Diesel if you ask me its very easy to drive and handle.

3rd row Seats are good for 2 adults when we push 2nd row seats but front (in this case occupants in 1st and 2nd row can seat comfortably too).

8 seator Innova is very comfortable for 7 people (2+3+2) and 7 Seator Innova is comfortable for 7 people (2+2+3) because in 2nd row there will be gap between captain seats hence in 3rd row 3 adults can sit quiet fine! Compared to 1st row one can feel slightly jumps in 3rd row but its still better than most of the sedans. Of course we pay premium amount to Innova compared to Sedans of 6 to 8 lac. bracket.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 5th March 2008, 19:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Wheel balancing and alignment

Small update:

Today had been to Tyre Professionals, near South end circle, I feel its very good place to get this service, They appear to be really professionals.

4 wheel balancing cost me: 120/- and weights: 45/- + 5/- VAT tax and Alignment: 250/-
Damm cheap service for sure.

They have good equipments as well to do this service and I hope they are accurate, They give proper bill with details of whats done and reading.

They accept card without any extra service charges for even small bill of 420/-

I can see one more tyre has slightly bulge portion so my tyre upgrade and Alloys is near the cards :(

Today I have baught tubeless TYRE repair kit with mending rubber strips (5 numbers) for 300/- from Madhu tyre care in J C Road.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 5th March 2008 at 19:30.
Old 23rd March 2008, 21:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Battery gave up

A day back morning Innova didn't start although inside lights, PW worked fine.

First we tried starting the vehicle by pushing it in 2nd gear within seconds we realized its stupid mistake because this is not BUS/TRUCK. We swapped my uncle's Santro's battery to my Innova and found Innova's Stock Exide Battery was culprit.

Our friend in Sirsi who owns battery shop there, He advised me to try TATA GREEN Battery Gold (15 months warranty) for Innova Petrol when stock battery didn't work even after lot of hour charging.

According to him Innova's battery will go dead faster than small cars because of load it puts on battery.

We exchanged old battery for new TATA Green battery (same 35AH as stock I guess) 3000/-.

Thanks GOD it troubled when it was parked inside my uncle's garage

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 24th March 2008, 08:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks GOD it troubled when it was parked inside my uncle's garage
This sudden conking nature of batteries is really bothering me now. My car is now in 3rd year, I am just wondering when to change my stock batteries. I hope it gives some indication before conking

Abhi
Old 24th March 2008, 15:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Yea after we couldnt start the vehicle I realized If it had gone dead in KemmanGundi 4 days before I reached Sirsi what would be my state :(

I didn't notice anything before it went dead. My uncle's 4 years old Santro same exide battery still going fine so i feel for small cars life is more than bigger car and it all depends on how we use the vehicle. Example: My wife is learning the car and she love Innova more than Matiz sometimes becasue of smoothness of Innova. Because of multiple hands into the vehicle the way we start the engine and the way we use power features like Power windows, AC, lights especially when car is off means a lot.

Now I need to strictly monitor if all switches off when vehicle is off the reason most of my family members enjoy the drive rather than taking care of our car. Let me train them and give check list of few precautions they need to take care.

Regards,

Ravi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks