Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2008, 16:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

Yes, thats a valid point Ravi. Probably multiple hands and the usage of battery while engine is off might have taken some toll.
I always see that the ICE, lights etc are not on when I am starting. Even while shuting down at night I putoff the lights first, then ICE and then switch off.

Anyway to be on safe side, I am monitoring my battery, bought some distilled water, would keep filling it in every 15 days.

Abhi
Old 30th March 2008, 09:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

3rd Service Update - Ravindu Toyota

Since I did highway, bad roads travel and couple of long journey expected next month I decided to get 3rd service done. I wanted discuss with Toyota people about my battery which went dead suddenly.

Took appointment and reached service centre at 8:50AM on time, to my surprise (as per their promise last time) Service people took my vehicle very fast! Till date I had to wait for at least 30 minutes to see someone who would approach me even after I follow up with them multiple times once I reach there. I can see they increased man power now and also employees are working with better Interest.

I usually get service done once in 8,000km instead of prescribed 10,000km.

When I asked about my battery went dead he asked me few things which included If wiring done in case If I have upgraded my headlights. I knew I didn't upgrade my wiring when I had put H4 100/90 bulbs. I asked him to get relay/wiring done.

Service Advisor promised me to deliver the vehicle at 5pm and it happened 30 minutes before that. When I went there to collect the vehicle I am completely satisfied after inspecting the vehicle.

I have already K&N Stock Replacement Filter so no question of airfilter change. Vehicle has clocked 25,000km so I would change AC filter in my next service at 33000.

1. Relay/Wiring done cost: It sounds cost too much but they say this is best possible way so it won't affect any electricals, I can see they did the job very neat.

A. Headlight holders: (2 in numbers) : 80/-
B. Relay: (2 in numbers) : 590/-
C: Labour charges : 913/-

2. paid service cost: 512/-

3. 4 way spray: 29/-

4. cap rear wiper: 9/-

5. blade rear wiper: 125/-

6. toyota engine oil 6 ltrs: 1050/-

7. oil filter: 426/-

8. oil pan drain: 30/-, fluid washer: 27/-

3rd service cost: 2300/-

Relay/wiring cost: 1600/-

All above including tax.

ODO reading at 3rd service: 24928.

Next service Due: 33000.

I can see tons of improvement in the service and quality is well maintained. Washing is superb also interior cleaning. I am now feeling happy about Toyota service and my patience to allow them to improve started working now!

After service: I can see Innova is more smooth now and more clean and neat!

My Rating: Ravindu Toyota: 7/10 (1 year back I rated their service 5/10). I can see they have shown sign of showing 10/10 marks very soon.

If some one ask whats my next car purchase Guess what! It will be New Corrolla AT for me/wify to drive around. If Innova comes as AT variant then I might think about that for sure because of great seating position of it.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 30th March 2008 at 09:59.
Old 14th April 2008, 13:17   #33
BHPian

I bought a used Petrol innova for the same resons as yours. Could not afford the new one so used the depcrciaten I got from some one else who had bought it new.

I was going to give it for a paid sevice to a local garage. But after your review and low costs of service I think I will give it to a dealer workshop.

Its been 2 days since I got it but soem problems I found are
1. No RPM meter
2. 1st and 2nd gears are too short
3. Low FE. Do you think I should get the air filters changed as you did.
Old 14th April 2008, 21:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi rash,

Give me more details about your vehicle model V, G4, G3, G2, G1, E so on.. with year of manufacture.

Whats the ODO reading FE you are getting ?

I highly suggest service the vehicle in toyota service station. Most of the local garage guys have no clue about Petrol Innova.

AirFilter won't help to increase FE, it might improve by Max. 0.5kmpl. but it will give better pick up but my feeling is first 5000km it gives best pickup then its same as stock filter and we need to keep cleaning air filters like K & N.

After Shell increased the price I am finding it difficult to locate good petrol bunk in my area and FE has come down by 1kmpl.

Still I get FE of 7 to 11 based on driving condition.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 14th April 2008, 23:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

@ravi; any idea regarding the oil brand Toyota use?
Old 15th April 2008, 17:26   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
@ravi; any idea regarding the oil brand Toyota use?
im pretty sure they use shell.
Old 21st April 2008, 09:15   #37
BHPian

Sorry for delay

Mine is a G1 model.

I got a FE of 6 in City with Ac on. But this might bebeacuse Iam new to the car and am trying to push the pedal too hard in excitement of the engine.

I have now switched to NOrmal petrol from the Speed which i usedearlier.

I will update the FE on that .

I am trying now to use it with a lighter foot and turn AC on and off . Lets see what I get this time.

And yea I gave to a Maruti Authorized service station ( Patel Auto in goregaon , mumbai) and the only thing they did was change the oil . Ther is no differnce whatsoever.

I will try and ask the lakozy people to look at the FE once find it out end of this week.

Also I could only fill upto 46 litres from the tank which showed less than E in the Fuel indicator.

I want to upgrade the Tyres too any suggesstions ? should I go in for Broader ones its 205 now.
Old 21st April 2008, 09:57   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Tell me about it. We've had battery issues atleast 5-6 times already (infact, the battery is down as i type this post) LOL. Seriously, need to get a better one. Which one do you guys suggest?

Shan2nu
Are you sure its the battery only? Get the cell checked.
If no battery it could be alternator issue.
Amaron is a good buy and they have 3 years warranty too.
Old 21st April 2008, 16:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Regarding Oil they said Toyota recomanded genuine engine oil with proper grade(i think they mean multigrade).

I am completed with 3rd service and vehicle is returning 10+FE on highway and 8+FE in city with AC on.

Regarding Battery after my Exide battery gave up I switched on to TATA Battery with 15 months warranty. I feel Petrol Innova battery would last within 3 years because battery specification is not enough for this monstar

I suggest 225/60 R15 Michellin MXV8 tyre for Innova If comfort level is needed and G3 potenza is for performance and If you are on budget and travel too much in bad road buy bridgestone tyres. Max. size for Innova in ideal condition is 225/60 R15 if you ask me

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 23rd April 2008, 18:13   #40
BHPian

Do you think I should go in for the K&N filters ? Will they improve my FE ?
Old 24th April 2008, 17:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

My vehicle has travelled 7000km after I baught K and N stock replacement Filter and first 2000km I found better pickup and .5kmpl better FE but right now may be I am used to it so cant see any differance, If you ask me its worth using stock toyota filter which would cost max. 2000 rs compared to 6000rs for K & N Filter.

Vehicle like Innova don't need any modification like this because its built to last long!

Regarding FE try with tank full then drive for 100km adn tank it up fully again and do this at least 3 to 4 times from same bunk and judge your FE.

I have noticed with AC on FE will even drop by 1kmpl. I am getting consistant 10kmpl with AC on 80% on highway, speeds around 80-120kmph.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 28th April 2008, 11:02   #42
BHPian

I did that and this time around I go 7 kmpl. with approx 30% highway drive.

Probably needs a service from Toyota . Apart from that e every thing else is as the thread says SILKY SMOOTH.
Old 4th May 2008, 10:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

I am just back from 1800km highway trip, out of which 1000km good highway straight road drive with speeds like 100+ and 500km each bad road and drive in small towns/village roads. 40% AC on.

Fuel used BP speed Petrol form just 3 bunks. I fill fuel in regular bunks and always tank full. I have got always 10+ kmpl as FE and this time max. FE achieved is 13kmpl.

My driver says we can extract 12kmpl easily If we drive with speeds between 60-80.

Give the vehicle for servicing with low FE issue.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 5th May 2008, 15:47   #44
BHPian

FE of 12 - 13 from this giant is phenomenal.

I was scared till now but feeling tempting to go for a long drive afer you post.

Will give her to Toyota ASAP for the FE issue.
Old 5th May 2008, 17:53   #45
BHPian

yeah..

I too getting a FE around 13kmpl
check the following post..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/811496-post38.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed