Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2008, 10:02   #46
BHPian

I took the car to lakozy Toyota yesterday. They wanted the Service booklet but the guy from whom I got it not give me that. They agreed to look at the car finally

The initial estimate was given as 2K for 60,000 service as the car has clocked 62000 kms I did not knew if the 60K service was done.

The supervisor from Lakozy called my in the afternoon telling that the clutch has worn out and will be needed to be replaced. The cost estimate given is 8K. I have asked them to do that. I will get the car back on monday and will update with the status.

BTW , one of the supervisors told me that you will not get more than 7 Kmpl in city.

I did not have any issue with c lutch as the pickup was awesome anyways and Iam getting 6-7 kmpl. Hope things improve.
Old 11th May 2008, 11:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Don't worry FE will improve by at least 1kmpl after clutch replacement and with AC on you will get at least 7 kmpl in city and 9kmpl in highway and its worth it for the comfort it gives.

More than this I suggest calculate FE from tank full to tank full and use tristed bunks. DO best homework to find out best petrol bunk, I am sure you can find out one best bunk among IOC/HP/BP. Use Normal Petrol no need to go with premium Petrol because you stay in Mumbai, when you fill petrol in highway/village where Normal fuel might be 88 octane in such places use Premium Fuels.

In Bangalore I have found Shell Premium returned me at least 8.5kmpl with AC on always and on highway it was 11.5kmpl.

I noticed 0.5kmpl drop in FE while using other fuels. I think once vehicle clocks around 50,000km FE might drop by 1kmpl if good care is not taken care by owners.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 11th May 2008, 21:29   #48
BHPian

thanks Ravi,

I have got the Car Back. amazing speed in terms of work by Toyota lakozy. They completed the work in a day.

The pickup has not changed.There is no differnce in the way the car drives. The old Clutch does not seem that badly worn...

The cost was exact 8K with labour and tax. I have done a full tank and will tell the FE in next after I use it entire week to go to office.

hoping to speak to Akshay1234 for the FFE. If it changes the FE by 2 then I think its worth unless it costs more than 10 K ..
Old 9th September 2008, 14:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

Now I have completed 31000km and 4th service is due in few months. Still vehicle feels brand new. I would like to keep this vehicle next 5 hyears but circumstances and possible relocation is forcing me to sell my ride :( I just hate to do so and trying to convince my family to take care of my vehicle for sometime.

Anyway I have put ad to sell my vehicle. If I find genuine buyer who respect reliability and comfort it gives I am selling it!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 15th September 2008, 12:42   #50
BHPian

Me 2

Mine has already clocked 70K but still is running great. Only issue bieng not more then 7 FE in city with AC on.(11 on highway )

I too am planning to sell this if I get a good buyer in mumbai.
Old 21st September 2008, 00:39   #51
BHPian

Wow Ravi in these expensive times it takes a brave man to buy a big petrol vehicle (just kidding) I bet the engine is silky smooth and pretty quick as well,
Anyways if you want to opt for cheaper fuel bills you can always go for a legal LPG/CNG kit,
Old 21st September 2008, 02:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
My vehicle has travelled 7000km after I baught K and N stock replacement Filter and first 2000km I found better pickup and .5kmpl better FE but right now may be I am used to it so cant see any differance, If you ask me its worth using stock toyota filter which would cost max. 2000 rs compared to 6000rs for K & N Filter.

Vehicle like Innova don't need any modification like this because its built to last long!

Regarding FE try with tank full then drive for 100km adn tank it up fully again and do this at least 3 to 4 times from same bunk and judge your FE.

I have noticed with AC on FE will even drop by 1kmpl. I am getting consistant 10kmpl with AC on 80% on highway, speeds around 80-120kmph.

Regards,

Ravi.
Is the K&N ready to fit filter or does it need any modification ? Can you put up the specific model no if possible pictures >
REgards
SaaJan
Old 21st September 2008, 21:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hi rash, With heavy traffic jams driving inside city and once vehicle covers more than 60,000km I feel FE would go down slightly and would return 7kmpl. I am getting 8kmpl in Bangalore consistantly with 40% Ac on. I noticed slightly less than 8kmpl when there is huge traffic jams like 30 minutes. In highway with using good petrol bunks from last 10,000km I am consistantly getting 11kmpl and couple of times noticed 13kmpl even with 50% AC on. I feel it depends on vehicle condition and the way we drive in type of traffic

Hi SaaJan, Installing K and N airfilter doesnot need any modification since it is stock replacement filter. I will try to take its picture and details. I feel its universal airfilter for toyota MPV/MUV. Its size is same as toyota stock filter. I am almost finalyzed the deal to sell my Innova so If you need K&N airfilter do let me know, I can send you for reasonable cost and put stock filter for new buyer because it won't make much difference.

They asked me to remove stickers too! before I give them the vehicle.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 25th September 2008, 20:47   #54
Senior - BHPian

Latest update! First Customer who test drove took my innova to Nandi Toyota to do fianl check ups since I had insisted him to do that and offered me 6.3 lacs!!

Can you beleive it!! Who says Petrol Innova has bad resale value!

I feel there are still people who do perfect calculation based on luxury comfort they need and people who travel less and own multiple cars prefer Petrol Innova.

Unexpected circumstances have made me put Sale of my Innova on hold and disappointed potential customer :(

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 25th September 2008 at 20:49.
Old 29th September 2009, 19:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Latest update! First Customer who test drove took my innova to Nandi Toyota to do fianl check ups since I had insisted him to do that and offered me 6.3 lacs!!

Unexpected circumstances have made me put Sale of my Innova on hold and disappointed potential customer :(
Did the deal go through? No offense, but unless a deal is DONE, the deal is NOT done.

I'm tempted to buy the petrol Innova too! Your posts made good reading inspite of some typo and grammer errors!
Old 29th September 2009, 20:26   #56
Senior - BHPian

Ravi, if you think you had got a good offer i would suggest stick to it. unless you are abandoning the idea of selling it and sticking on with it...

Quote:

I feel there are still people who do perfect calculation based on luxury comfort they need and people who travel less and own multiple cars prefer Petrol Innova.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 29th September 2009, 21:10   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Did the deal go through? No offense, but unless a deal is DONE, the deal is NOT done.

I'm tempted to buy the petrol Innova too! Your posts made good reading inspite of some typo and grammer errors!
You have responded to a posting which is exactly a year old
Old 5th October 2009, 11:19   #58
Senior - BHPian

TRUE, Deal went thru fine in Oct. end 2008 after my Ooty trip. I gave him 5000/- discount since I used the vehicle for 800km after he checked it. Before handing over the vehicle I serviced it and took him to serice station as well and did final check up once more to ake sure he is happy buyer. Few months back we met his family they are happy travellors although they use it less since they own multiple vehicles.

In 1 year downtheline I would be Petrol Innova for sure!

Ravi.
Old 5th October 2009, 12:25   #59
Team-BHP Support

Closing this thread as the car had gone a year back.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks