Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2007, 14:44   #16
BHPian

Good Review

Hi! Sriku,

I must say, owning an Adventure that too being the 1st time buyer is definitely an Adventure. I am surprised by the issue of the music system! I too got fitted Blaupaunct, with no issues at all.

BTW, what is the city and highway mileage?
Old 19th February 2007, 15:58   #17
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...eady-rock.html

We g ot pur adventure down here to Madurai - were considering my baleno but the kuggage space and bad road capabilities led to the Fiat being the winner.

ANd in over 5 years if owning this car, I have always been happy to drive it - sure the turning circle makes parking in cingested areas a pain but reach the open highway and you hav eperhaps the best road for our conditions - broken tarmac, dirt roads, smooth tarmac - th ecar just eats up the miles and never complains - service still is a problem - TVS here is also as bad as Dynamic in Noida.... but the sheer delight of drivingh the car for 120 lms on a highway three times a week to the simply stunning looks m,ake it a winner - perhapsd one of th ebst cars ever to grace our roads.

cheers

zaphod
Old 19th February 2007, 16:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

420 KM in 4 hrs really difficult one for sure!

If from bangalore->tumkur->hiriyur->chalkere->bellary->hampi road is excellant except for the stretch between bellary and Hampi. Between chalkere and bellary lot of villages to pass and unexpected road humps...

Anyway thats great drive for sure!

Ravi.
Old 19th February 2007, 17:52   #19
BHPian

Delicious review. I like your writing style, and the fact you enjoy your motor. Just be careful please... don't tempt fate with those high-speed runs.
I would love to know more about the stereo troubles you have. Appears someone has done slipshod wiring somewhere. The Blau is otherwise not known to have problems.
Old 19th February 2007, 18:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Very Interesting Review!

Fiat cars are absolute pleasure to drive! And Adventure 1.6 is a real Beast on the Run!
Keep enjoying Srini, I envy you
Old 19th February 2007, 18:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
A very good review. 420 KM in 4 hours is simply marvelous. What about FE during that trip and overall city and highway FE ?

Does it ever feel underpowered because of its weight ?
Well to be frank.. I HID the FE. I got 5.8 KMPL!!! yeah its not a TYPO. its true.. 5.8 KMPL!!

But Sree, I need to realise that to get something I loose something. On decent drives i get close to 12-12.5 Kmpl. those "not crossing - 120 " modes. Where I let the fancy Indicas and Santros with "Pirellis" "RMC" "Ferrari" written on the driver's door to over take me. and i fool them with the soft Station wagon looks. and then they cut across and showoff and do all the nataks!! he he he..
Old 20th February 2007, 15:10   #22
BHPian

Yeah I was wondering what kind of FE you would have got by covering 400+km in 4 hours...the tacho should have touched 4000 range quite frequently ( 5.8kmpl sounds like it was stuck there :-) ).....for all those highway disturbances....
Good review though. It is truly an amazing car ...

Cheers!
Old 22nd February 2007, 19:26   #23
BHPian

That was an amazing write-up. Owning an adventure, I can quite share the pulse. This morning too, a biker stopped and inquired about the car. And now, i have quite gotten used to the envious looks i get on the road. 400kms in 4 hrs......wow!!..SriramDrive fast and safe!Adventure Sport F Red
Old 22nd February 2007, 21:00   #24
Team-BHP Support

i remember a senior auto journalist who recommended adventure to a friend of mine but he paranoid about service finally bought a altura, no comparisons still these cars just stand out
Old 23rd February 2007, 12:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

sriku, i am planning to give you some competition. I have almost decided on the formula red adventure. I just wanted to know if you have had any real problems with regard to your car. like unavailable parts of some issues that could not be resolved by the service guys etc etc. any oil leaks..i've heard the power steering fluid leaks frequently...Wait. have i asked you this earlier!!! anyways please do reply
Old 25th February 2007, 10:37   #26
BHPian

Nope !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
sriku, i am planning to give you some competition. I have almost decided on the formula red adventure. I just wanted to know if you have had any real problems with regard to your car. like unavailable parts of some issues that could not be resolved by the service guys etc etc. any oil leaks..i've heard the power steering fluid leaks frequently...Wait. have i asked you this earlier!!! anyways please do reply
Worry not brother.. no oil leaks.. yet !.. Spares ?.. hmm.. nope.. not bashed it that bad yet.... but i hit one mad "Pedestrian" who decided to walk next to the footpath instead of on it.. mirror broke. .. thats the closest ever i wanted "spare" parts.. but yeah found it within 5 minutes.. one on airport road and one on old madras road( broke the mirror in Indiranagar..) 600 bucks... the mirror pops out of the plastic .. its just a glass!!.. but cant help.. ne ways.. thatz my spare part experience.
Old 16th March 2007, 07:07   #27
BHPian

The Adventure is an awesome car. I happened to drive a cousin's adventure (already done 54000 km and not serviced for over 8000km) from Chennai to Pondy. It still felt like new, and I was touching 140kmph on every straight stretch I could find. I was in the outskirts of Pondy is less than an hour and a half.

My biggest grouse was with TN highway drivers who somehow think that they are the fastest on the road, and dont give way to overtakers. And my only grouse with the vehicle itself was that it oversteers a bit too much especially at higher speeds. Feels too light on the road.

Loads of torque. You enver once feel underpowered. You never really have to cross 4000rpm.
Old 2nd April 2007, 11:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

sriku, do you have the service manual with you. What all do you need to check during the First Service. PLease help as i have not revceived my manual yet. ITS STILL IN TRANSIT!!!
Old 2nd April 2007, 15:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
sriku, do you have the service manual with you. What all do you need to check during the First Service. PLease help as i have not revceived my manual yet. ITS STILL IN TRANSIT!!!
The first service is basically meant to rectify the flaws/defects/problems that escaped your/manufacturer's/dealer's attention earlier.

Nothing much happens. They'll just clean the plugs/air filter and return the car after a wash, unless you point out specific problems. The engine oil change will take place during the second service at 7,500 KMs.

Cheers!
Old 2nd April 2007, 21:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

thanks a lot for the fast reply. Is the second service at 7500?? They told me its at 5000 or 6 months. Is it true?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks