Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2007, 08:10   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
thanks a lot for the fast reply. Is the second service at 7500?? They told me its at 5000 or 6 months. Is it true?
The owners manual carries this information. Please go through it. It says that the second service is at 7,500 kms or 6 months.
Old 4th April 2007, 12:02   #32
BHPian

Does the adventure gives any rattle after completing 10000+ kms.
Old 4th April 2007, 18:05   #33
BHPian

No dude it dosent.. all it does is.. rattle you.. you get soo comfortable that u drive it at more than 150Kmph.. and ..u know what rattles.. (Your teeth).. ha ha ha...and gemi.. sorry da.. i was not following it up becuse i was too busy with our Fiat Club India website.. i will scan and post it.. sorry...
Old 1st July 2007, 20:04   #34
BHPian

Some Caveats

Guys - I am seeing on this thread that everyone is ga ga over the Adventure. I had bought my adventure in September 2005 and have done 25000 KM; mostly on highways. I bought it from Sundaram and I saw the car first time only in the showroom and am not sure how many were actually on road in Bangalore when I bought it.

Initially I had finalized Petra. I wanted black color and it was out of stock. After waiting for two months I thought of checking the available colors. I went to the showroom and incidentally came across F1 Red Adventure that was on display. It was love at first sight. I forgot Petra.

I will agree that Adventure is a great car and I will recommend it to anyone interested in a good automobile. I still remember, I had driven the car to Ahmedabad for first time in November 2005 and people actually walked up to me to ask which car is this sir? On long journeys, you will not get tired at least till 800 kilometers. After that the stress is not because of the car but sheer fatigue of continuous driving. I had driven this car non-stop (except the regualr breaks that anyone will take on a long drive) to Ahmedabad and back to Bangalore 4 times now. Ahmedabad is 1600 kilometers from Bangalore. Once I have completed this 1600 hourney in 22 hours. 26 hours has been my average. The car has not disappointed me once. The mileage I get on highways is 14+. I only use fuel that is 91 Octane or higher. At-least 91 octane fuel is recommended in the Owner's manual. Bad roads? The car takes the challenge like no other car in this segment. I have driven all cars in the C segment and in my opinion no car's suspension comes even 20% closer to Adventure. Awesome Suspension. The space inside the cabin is again very good. Even on 1600 KM drives 5 people can seat comfortably. The boot space again is awesome. I will generally have 6-7 suitcases. With 5 people and full luggage, the car still has all the power. It never feels under-powered.

Coming to the reason I am writing this post. I have faced serious problems with the Pirelly Tyres on my car. I had to get two tyres replaced under warranty because of manufacturing defect. I was still not satisfied and have finally changed the tyres with my own money. My car is now running on Michellin. The other problem I have faced is rattling. I don't like any sound in the cabin. Adventure's cabin has some rattling always because of the poor plastics used inside the cabin.

Thanks
Old 2nd July 2007, 11:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hi Akbaree, Adventure is good car always, I heard same thing about tyres not so good, Which variant of Michellin you have and size etc. can you please mention. I plan to buy Adventure in 1 year downthe line if it is still in production may be I get chance to buy new Adventure If they plan to launch.

It has great space inside and suspension is really good.

Regards,

ravi.
Old 3rd July 2007, 16:41   #36
BHPian

Ravi,

I took a test drive of the Adventure Sports 1.6 recently and came away extremely impressed but for the interiors. However, the dealer in Noida mentioned that of late, it is only available in the "boring" silver colour.

Can someone else cross check this information? I might go to other dealers in NCR this weekend.
Old 4th July 2007, 11:00   #37
BHPian

Might be the only colors from the old batch that they are trying to sell. As some one else mentioned, you probably should wait for the new batch. Though you might not get as good discounts.
Old 18th July 2007, 14:23   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Hi Akbaree, Adventure is good car always, I heard same thing about tyres not so good, Which variant of Michellin you have and size etc. can you please mention. I plan to buy Adventure in 1 year downthe line if it is still in production may be I get chance to buy new Adventure If they plan to launch.

It has great space inside and suspension is really good.

Regards,

ravi.
Michelin Certis 195 70 R14
Old 22nd July 2007, 03:17   #39
BHPian

Hey guys i bought my Adventure on 07-07-07 through Prerana motors.

@ Akbaree,i am faced the same problem as you did on a car which has hardly 230kms! First day itself my Pirelli's suffered a puncture! I have changed over to 195/65 15 Michelin xm1 on OZ superleggera Gt alloy's.

I have a few rattling issues too,but i have decided to finish 1500 kms and have the problems adressed through the dealers.

I quite like the vehicle for its build and VFM.
Old 22nd July 2007, 12:24   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert fox View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. I am sure you are going to enjoy your days in adventure.

Quote:
@ Akbaree,i am faced the same problem as you did on a car which has hardly 230kms! First day itself my Pirelli's suffered a puncture! I have changed over to 195/65 15 Michelin xm1 on OZ superleggera Gt alloy's.
Where did you bought your alloys and how much you paid for them? How much money were you able get in exchange for your OEM alloys and tyres?

Quote:
I have a few rattling issues too,but i have decided to finish 1500 kms and have the problems adressed through the dealers.
In my car the rear seat and the rear head rests are the culprits for some of the rattling.
Old 22nd July 2007, 21:29   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your purchase!

what was the OTR price?
Old 23rd July 2007, 03:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post

Where did you bought your alloys and how much you paid for them? How much money were you able get in exchange for your OEM alloys and tyres?

In my car the rear seat and the rear head rests are the culprits for some of the rattling.
OZs costed me all of 75k for 5. I did not go for exchange,i still have it with me. I thought i may as well retain(wheels) them as i may not get a good price for them.

Prerana has offered to take back the tyre's and exchange it with something else i may preffer from their accessory range,this gesture came in the wake of the 'First day-First puncture'! Sweet gesture right?

I will check it it out,thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
Congrats on your purchase!

what was the OTR price?
It is 6,57,000 without extended warranty,i got 60,000 discount + some minor extra's.
Old 23rd July 2007, 04:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
It is 6,57,000 without extended warranty,i got 60,000 discount + some minor extra's.
Is this including the tyres and wheels?
I thought you can get Adventure for less than 6L OTR.
Old 23rd July 2007, 13:32   #44
BHPian

Yes, It comes with Fiat company provided alloys and pirelli's. In Bangalore it costs that much,but with discounts i does come in late 5 lakhs bracket.
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:04   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its 6,57,000 excluding the discounts right? What was the total price with discounts added?

Most Viewed