Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2007, 23:51   #1
BHPian

Fiat Adventure 1.6 Sport 18000 Kms

Hi Guys,

I generally start my thread always by saying that I am not a major auto geek. I own a Fiat adventure 1.6 Sport/F1 red. Trust me people, I started liking the color Red after I Bought her. Now if u people already know, any "Adventure " owner would swear by it, I am no different. Well I bet everyone making that "YES" or "NO" decision is because of Fiat's service and NOT the car itself.

As the story continues I bought this amazing car in April 28th 2006, Daring decision I must say , My first car, and a FIAT?. my friends thought I was crazy, Believe me I had just learned driving!.

Who is this car for?

A person who wears a cargo jacket/cargo camouflage trousers , smelling sweat , has a cam , on woodland shoes ,stays in a tent , ( and has loads of money for the fuel ) ha ha ha.

IF you are looking for a car which Makes a Statement, Different, Head turner look no further. Yeah people say bad mileage But city cars like swift/Getz/or even a Accent /Icon 1.6 all have the same thing .. whats the difference? I say people any of these cars in the city is a pain to drive around. especially in My poor city Bangalore.but its more frustrating because you know a small push on the "Beast" makes it growl and leave the other cars panting,but all u do is use the torque of the engine to inch forward.

so bottom line,
The car is for you if you plan to take it out of the city. Wherever.. actually..but not in the city. A jungle, a mountain hike i am talking things like that.....

Why BUY this one?

1)Amazing CAR.. first thing you would notice is its looks.. she rocks people.
2)ALL Independent suspension!..with Tubeless Pirellis!!!!
3)5.3Lac price tag
4)1 tonne AC!
5)100 BHP
6) Place to move your baggage!or Let 3 people sleep comfortably full legs stretched! if i fold the rear seat I get more than 5 Feet space!

I have to tell u guys about this. I had taken my father and mom to a Place called "Dharmastala" from Bangalore (approx 250+Kms). They are aged 65 Pops and 60 mom. guess what they slept like kids the whole trip !!
7) Well ITS a TANK. A battle tank , No offence ment but you should see her on a highway. leaves the other cars panting and puffing. My best speed is 420 KMs in 4 hours!!! I have the toll gate passes to prove it!!!Thats an average of 105 KMPH!!! the trip was Bangalore to Humpi. Now how many people really trust the quality of roads in India?. would you travel continuously at 175-180 kmph for more than 20 minutes?.. I have.. just the confidence the car sets in you. She eats up any pot hole any gravel.. man she is a Bomb.

Against

Well any Gueses?. yeah Pathetic Delivery /service experience from Concorde motors Bangalore. Not that I wanna bitch about them but probably they have no experience handling Fiat cars. I was promised Boot mats /seat covers.. yeah its almost a year.. Yet to arrive! They Said the music system that was approved was only a Blapunkt.. so I asked them to have a full set installed.. the head/Amp/woofer/2 component speakers/2 rear speakers. they have conked 4 times till now. I have lost all hope of any support from them.I even went to the Blapunkt head office on Double road . I paid 1000 Bucks for them to redo the system again.. but still dose'nt work... I just feel i have been thug ed. But anyways.. forget the grumble.

Conclusion

1)My mileage says it all . Its been 10 months ,I have clocked 18000 Kms. AND.. this is not my only car!!!! I bought a New Maruti 800 for the city driving (everyday car) for which i have a driver. I have a Pulsar too!
2) Even the Driver does not have the permission to drive my Adventure!!. only me or my sister drive her.
3) .... trust me. even today I checked out the swift Diesel but i am planning to replace my 800 3 month old!! and not the Adventure.

I wont ask you to buy the adventure just for one reason... Let me be the center of attention please... i dont want competition.

Trust me people. The After sales service is not all that bad. Its just the fear. I really tell you guys if you need to know the car plan some 3-4 cars test drive on the same day. you will know what exactly i am talking abt.
Old 19th February 2007, 09:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Adveture is good car, try Prerana motors for servicng they are better.

But again don't expect good service now a days from any service stations. Most of the dealers profit has come down or they have to make every effort to make some money, quality has affected by that. Indian mentality started showing there because of money matters!

Ravi.
Old 19th February 2007, 09:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well. Sriku that was a nice review. And I would be an Adventure owner if it was available at the time I was buying the Petra. Enjoy maadi as they say in Bengalooru.
Old 19th February 2007, 10:14   #4
BHPian

A very good review. 420 KM in 4 hours is simply marvelous. What about FE during that trip and overall city and highway FE ?

Does it ever feel underpowered because of its weight ?
Old 19th February 2007, 10:27   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku23 View Post
Hi Guys,

Who is this car for?

A person who wears a cargo jacket/cargo camouflage trousers , smelling sweat , has a cam , on woodland shoes ,stays in a tent , ( and has loads of money for the fuel ) ha ha ha.
This simply tells the person you are....but Looks like you are still single so you can enjoy it few more years. we cannot even think of Tent...

Very well written.. Would have loved to go for Adventure if it was available then in Mar2005, But I have felt the same using the same engine in my petra..
Keep enjoying.
Old 19th February 2007, 10:40   #6
BHPian

Welcome home...A good review, the first I am seeing for Adventure here

Quote:
I even went to the Blapunkt head office on Double road . I paid 1000 Bucks for them to redo the system again.. but still dose'nt work... I just feel i have been thug ed. But anyways.. forget the grumble.
Unfortunate indeed. So you mean your system is still not working??
Old 19th February 2007, 10:42   #7
BHPian

Is there any difference in the mileage of Petra and Adventure? I am not sure if Adventure is heavier than Petra.
Old 19th February 2007, 10:51   #8
BHPian

Quote:
3)5.3Lac price tag

7) My best speed is 420 KMs in 4 hours!!! I have the toll gate passes to prove it!!!Thats an average of 105 KMPH!!! the trip was Bangalore to Humpi. Now how many people really trust the quality of roads in India?.
First congratulations for having her.

I guess price tag here is a typo. Must be 6.3Lac (on-road).. Even I bought my Palio 1.6 Sport on 22-APR-2006 and costing 5.3Lac (ex-show), but still covered only 9500 kms.

About route, I guess it is on NH4 and deviation from Sira or Chitradurga..

Sira-Chitradurga is a very good stretch where one can drive at maximum speed. No humps, no deviations..indeed a very good highway part.

Enjoy your car to the fullest..
Old 19th February 2007, 11:05   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
Is there any difference in the mileage of Petra and Adventure? I am not sure if Adventure is heavier than Petra.
It shouldn't be much.... don't know about Adventure but My petra gives 10-11kmpl
Weight of Petra(petrol) is 1120kg and Petra(diesel) is 1165kg.
Weight of Adventure(Petrol) is 1215Kg.

Last edited by greatDrive : 19th February 2007 at 11:07.
Old 19th February 2007, 12:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

Nicely written review Sriku!

All Adventure owners give a positive feedback about the car. So will I, hopefully, when my car crosses 10,000 KMs. Am yet to come across an unhappy Adventure owner.

An average of 105 KMPH is hugely impressive but not recommended at all on Indian roads which are full of surprises, to say the least. I would advise you to drive a lot more cautiously, more so when your family members accompany you and even more so when some of them are occupying the boot.

Do keep us updated with your experiences.

Cheers!
Old 19th February 2007, 12:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc View Post
I guess price tag here is a typo. Must be 6.3Lac (on-road).. Even I bought my Palio 1.6 Sport on 22-APR-2006 and costing 5.3Lac (ex-show)
Some of the FIAT ads in the recent past have mentioned a price of Rs. 4.99 lacs ex-show room for the Adventure. So, Rs. 5.3 lac on road is possible.
Old 19th February 2007, 13:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
Their mileages are the same even though Adventure is heavier. This is attributable to better-optimised gear ratios in the Adventure. Also, Adventure offers independent rear suspension, a feature missing in the Petra, as well as longer wheelbase and bigger boot.
Old 19th February 2007, 13:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nice review of a nice car!
Quote:
My best speed is 420 KMs in 4 hours!!! I have the toll gate passes to prove it!!!Thats an average of 105 KMPH!!! the trip was Bangalore to Humpi. Now how many people really trust the quality of roads in India?. would you travel continuously at 175-180 kmph for more than 20 minutes?.. I have.. just the confidence the car sets in you. She eats up any pot hole any gravel.. man she is a Bomb.
This scared me. It has nothing to do with the car, but more with the Indian roads and even more importantly, the road users. You will never know if an old deaf village man decides to take a stroll on one fine morning and end up in front of your car even before you realize it. Take care, buddy!
Old 19th February 2007, 13:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nice review. I am an ardent fan of estates. But i found the sienna weekender a lot more attractive than the adventure. The plastics on the wheel arches really spoil the look on this car. 420Kms in 4 hrs is a good drive. i would advice you not to do these kind of speeds with old people or children inside the car.
cheers
Old 19th February 2007, 13:55   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Welcome home...A good review, the first I am seeing for Adventure here

Unfortunate indeed. So you mean your system is still not working??

yeah.. cant help.. it just stops functioning after 15 minutes of play!..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks