Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2007, 12:27   #46
BHPian

Query regarding the first Service

Hi Guys,

Took Delivery of Hyundai Verna SX with ABS, yesterday. So far car has done only 60 kms. Waiting for the Tyre upgrade to happen. But I found one bit of information with respect to the first service. I am told there would be no oil change required and it would be just an inspection of all parts and then cleaning of the car, contrary to other Diesel cars. Request your advice as to whether I should go for an Oil change definitely.

Thanks!
~Dwind
Old 28th June 2007, 16:47   #47
Senior - BHPian

You can see thick black colored exhaust because of high carbon content in diesel. Also diesel is burnt at very high temperature & pressure(over 1600 bar in crdi) and some times the left over gas at high rmp comes out as thick smoke. This is common in all diesel powered vehicles. Have you ever seen exhaust of Ambassador? If yes then you will come to know.
Keep your silencer clean all the times.

Cheers,
Jay
Old 28th June 2007, 17:07   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Hi Guys,

Took Delivery of Hyundai Verna SX with ABS, yesterday. So far car has done only 60 kms. Waiting for the Tyre upgrade to happen. But I found one bit of information with respect to the first service. I am told there would be no oil change required and it would be just an inspection of all parts and then cleaning of the car, contrary to other Diesel cars. Request your advice as to whether I should go for an Oil change definitely.

Thanks!
~Dwind
Yes, for my first service I had done 300 kms. The same was told to me.
No oil change was done and recently, my second service was done and at that time, the oil change was done.
All was well.

Do not worry.
Old 5th July 2007, 12:52   #49
BHPian

I have done over 6K on my Verna crdi purchased this year Jan and had absolutely no problems with the car. I drive mostly on highways and sometimes in the city. Its a beast unleashed on highways and little difficult to handle in the city. You move to the 3rd gear in traffic and she wants to kiss the car ahead.
The brakes are damn responsive and brings the car down. AC is powerful to the extend that I felt it sharing the horsepower. I noticed a lag in power when AC is turned on while driving at 2nd -4th gears. But on the 5th its fine and nothing can stop this beast.
Will upgrage to tubeless footwear soon and I believe it should handle better.
Gives me a decent milage of 20+ on highways and in city its about 14~15kmpl with AC. My car gave a 29kmpl during the Hyundai organized milage run last Feb. Drive this beast on top gear between 55~65kmph for max fuel efficiency, but one cant stay off pushin it beyond 100 all the time.
Old 5th July 2007, 13:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

I think verna all versions come with MRF ZVTS Tubeless tyres !

Or is it that you are gonna get better tyres ? as discussed in other threads on verna Footwear
Old 5th July 2007, 15:51   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanz View Post
My car gave a 29kmpl during the Hyundai organized milage run last Feb. Drive this beast on top gear between 55~65kmph for max fuel efficiency,
Surprising! since I am not able to shift to 5th gear only when at 70 KMPH else it starts to Drag along. Is anybody else able to do it?
Last Time I filled Diesel in a Reliance pump, I am not able to see the pronounced Turbo Lag in all gears as before. Is it because of the Fuel? And I also sense another noise apart from the engine when I accelerate? Is it normal? Please let me know My car has done just 800 kms on ODO.

Cheers!
~DWind
Old 5th July 2007, 20:29   #52
BHPian

For some reason notable to edit My own post!! " I am not able to shift to 5th gear only..." should read "I am able to shift to 5th gear only.." Apologize for the typo.
Old 7th July 2007, 00:50   #53
BHPian

Verna has a cronical problem of Black smoke ...................do you have it ?
Old 10th July 2007, 04:05   #54
BHPian

i have a Verna SX which has done 2200kms... i too feel the car snugs when i shift the gear below 60. Above 70 is fine/...... As of now my car gives a mileage of 16 with AC including city and highway drive. i havent seen black smoke yet....
Old 10th July 2007, 06:57   #55
BHPian

My Verna CRDI with ABS shod on 195/60/14 and juiced with a Petes box gives me 14kmpl . The car has run abt 2500 km.Petes box has made the car more driveable.Turbo lag is barely noticeable with the box.However it it not so confidence inspiring to drive at speeds above 130Kmph , the suspension needs to be beefed up .
Old 10th July 2007, 12:18   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
My Verna CRDI with ABS shod on 195/60/14 and juiced with a Petes box gives me 14kmpl . The car has run abt 2500 km.Petes box has made the car more driveable.Turbo lag is barely noticeable with the box.However it it not so confidence inspiring to drive at speeds above 130Kmph , the suspension needs to be beefed up .
Why don't you write a review on Verna crdi with Petesbox.
Old 11th July 2007, 10:59   #57
BHPian

[quote=Sam Kapasi;482969] recently, my second service was done and at that time, the oil change was done.[quote]

Sam, how much did they charge you for oil & Air Filter change? and was the Diesel filter also changed on 2nd service?
I have put in my car for second service and have been told the oil & Air filter will cost approx 1550.

Last edited by icemanz : 11th July 2007 at 11:07.
Old 11th July 2007, 11:14   #58
BANNED

y does yr title say AT
Old 11th July 2007, 11:31   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Surprising! since I am not able to shift to 5th gear only when at 70 KMPH else it starts to Drag along. Is anybody else able to do it?
Last Time I filled Diesel in a Reliance pump, I am not able to see the pronounced Turbo Lag in all gears as before. Is it because of the Fuel? And I also sense another noise apart from the engine when I accelerate? Is it normal? Please let me know My car has done just 800 kms on ODO.

Cheers!
~DWind
@DWind you should be able to drive the car between 55 - 65 kmph on the 5th gear. I was told this by the Hyundai service manager during the milage rally to get max milage and it works. Try it post 1000 KMS on the ODO.

I used reliance diesel in the initial days post purchse of my car, but saw the exhaust giving out thick smoke and felt loss of power too.
I changed to IO Super Diesel and wow!! the car gives better milage and can feel the power...
Old 11th July 2007, 11:36   #60
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
y does yr title say AT
yes it was a tad misleading when I first read it. I am sure he means 'at' (preposition) and not 'AT' as in Auto Transmission.

Most Viewed