Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2007, 23:28   #31
BHPian

This may already start to sound like a cliche, but still -- Great write up, man. Also because I had a very very similar love affair with the 1.6 RallySport. It was short - an year - but I did with that car what one can do with a lifetime. Being young and reckless helped too. The rush the 1.6 ROCAM engine gave was something. Something almost unreal till you feel it. My parting with that car was perhaps more dramatic - I drank the whole night and was in tears all through, all alone.
determinus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2007, 09:40   #32
BHPian

Suman,

Excellent writeup and I must say the your experience has been truly emotional as is evident in your farewell to you Ikon. I think this is what separates team-bhpians from others around... Sheer love and passion for automobiles.

Hats off to you and others around that make spending time on this forum worth it.

With Regards,
Sumit
Old 7th March 2007, 10:50   #33
BHPian

Very nicely written, and obviously by someone who feels for his car.

We've all been a little mad at times, treatin our babies with less than they deserve, but then what is 'josh' all about if not letting your hair down at times?

Yes, Ford's have extremely comfy rear seats, and the handling...oh the handling needs to be experienced to behold!!

For me your words spelt the ups and downs of a 6+ year love affair enough to make most wifey's jealous

My GF's friends in Jab were tickled to death when I told em to swipe their shoes on the garage mat before getting into my dicor. Haven't heard the end of that and they still tease me mercilessly about it. That's love!!
Old 7th March 2007, 11:20   #34
Team-BHP Support

@ Suman : Saw this thread only today, and read through the whole of it. Can feel the emotions in your write-up as u parted with ur Ikon.
I own the younger one from the Ikon stable, and agree with you on all points mentioned.

Am glad to note you had only pleasant experiences with ur Ford dealer. That and the "expensive" tag are what have bogged down this legend.
Brakes need to be improved, but remember reading that once you upgraded to better rubber, it was sorted out.

Long live the iKon.

[ Sniff Sniff.. wish there was a weeping emoticon ]
Old 7th March 2007, 12:41   #35
BHPian

Hi Suman, that's a lovely write-up! Wowwww! That's so much done! Phew. Have you done interstate on it frequently? Yeah I understand your feelings. Even I got an Ikon 1.6, the pleasure it gives me is uncomparable to other cars I got! It might be lil more on fuel consumption, but willing to pay a price for that pleasure! I don't want to sell my Ikon. I want to have it for really long term ownership.

Yeah I agree about the brakes. Should've been a better set of brakes and then it would be a perfect car.

-Absar

Last edited by Absar : 7th March 2007 at 12:57.

Most Viewed