Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2020, 23:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi

Boy oh Boy ! It took you 6 years to pen down this delightful ownership review which is so crisp and to the point. Rated it a well deserved 5* for the captures and for munching those miles.

Your review makes me nostalgic of my Figo Days ! Sharing a link to my dated Ownership Review : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...0-km-gone.html (My Diesel Ford Figo Zxi - 3 years, 64,000 km and gone)

Sharing a picture of our Monsoon Meet Back in 2016 with all the Figo's posing. Mine to the extreme left and yours to the extreme right sandwiching Samba and LoveCars21's rides :
Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-20160724101647_img_1717.jpg

It is sad that Cringer does not get to munch many highway miles these days as most of the touring is done in your TUV300. Awaiting a detailed Ownership Review of your TUV300 as well !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 09:38   #17
BHPian

Excellent long term review. I once took a figo exi in the same color from zoom in 2013/14 and went on a 1500 long round trip. To this day i cherish that drive and that incredible feel of the steering. Never felt so confident driving any other car. It was a true ford!

Thanks for this 5* thread.
veyron_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 11:44   #18
BHPian

Excellent review mithun da. Rated it well deserved 5*. Cringer still looks fresh out of showroom which shows how well you have maintained it. Pre facelifted figo was a different class of it's own. Driving dynamics, build quality, high speed stability were spot on.It was a hoot to drive.I still miss my figo. Wishing you many more happy miles with Cringer.
Fordlover88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 14:51   #19
BHPian

Wow a detailed long term ownership review of 1st gen figo, that totally came out of the blue ! Like BlackPearl mentioned, it takes a lot of passion to maintain a beauty like this & pen down such an elaborate article recollecting everything that happened last 6 years ! I was a fan of Cringer ever since i read this travelogue on Sikkim here (Sikkim - Baptism by fire).

I agree with the maintenance issues which can happen with Ford cars past their prime. My Ecosport will also turn 6 in few months and the SA is pestering me for timing belt assembly replacement for 25k (More on this here (Ford EcoSport : Official Review)) and suspension overhaul for 25K more, instead of replacing the bushes & spring pads which are the only things necessary in my case. Not everyone is lucky enough to have someone like dip27in by their side. i guess i either have to pay up or find a reliable FNG here in Pune.

The aftermarket HU is really value for money and the projector headlamps looks great. Looking ahead to see 1L KM completed post soon after the lock down ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
The iconic Fords!

Attachment 1989756
I can see mi2n's favorite car parked beside in this picture Reminded me of Red vs Blue
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 21:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Must say this is one of the best machines I have driven so far
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer02 View Post
Maybe in the future, I might buy the old Figo again and put the new 99 BHP TDCi engine in it. This car deserved the new TDCi more than any other Ford if you ask me
The new Figo ain't that bad actually. Yes, you do not get that connected and solid feel. However, it does handle reasonable well and is a pocket rocket with that 1.5 TDCi. What puts me off more though is the economy grade (both design and quality wise) interiors of the new Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
All I can say is that they just don't make cars like this any more. My Black 1.4 TDCi Titanium is on its 8th year of ownership and is now used by my wife for her daily office commute. She has only started driving recently and is already able to appreciate its ride and handling. She hs driven a couple of other cars notably a swift, Etios and an i10 grande but keeps saying that non of them drive like her Figo and so now plans to use it, till it stops working.
No doubt! The Figo apart from being fun to drive, is also very easy to drive as well. I drive the Etios to work some days, i can very well relate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Only complaint, if I have to bring up one, is its low ground clearance - bottom scrapes on uneven surfaces/speedbumps on the road when car has 4 or more adults.
And I mostly use Cringer as a two seater thus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultim8 View Post
Kudos to you for your candid yet passionate post! I've to be honest. I am not a fan of this Ford Figo generation because of it's underwhelming engines and not so good feature list (lack of rear power windows even in top trims irked me). But, after reading your post, I started appreciating it's goodness and simple, robust character.
The top end Titanium trim was actually well specced. It had ABS, Airbags, Adjustable Steering, Rear wash and wipe, steering wheel controls, Electronic ORVMs, a decent bluetooth and wifi enabled ICE, Lumbar support. etc. Alloys were the only major omission for the segment. The rear window only rolled down half way probably because of the conversion from 2 door Euro Fiesta MK-V to the four door Figo. I feel this is also the reason behind omission of rear power window mechanism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Boy oh Boy ! It took you 6 years to pen down this delightful ownership review which is so crisp and to the point. Rated it a well deserved 5* for the captures and for munching those miles
Thanks! Your's was a looker too. Sad that you had to let it go. But the places your Figo took you to and the majestic memories you have shared shall remain with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
It was a true ford!
Indeed it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Excellent review mithun da. Rated it well deserved 5*. Cringer still looks fresh out of showroom which shows how well you have maintained it. Pre facelifted figo was a different class of it's own. Driving dynamics, build quality, high speed stability were spot on.It was a hoot to drive.I still miss my figo. Wishing you many more happy miles with Cringer.
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Not everyone is lucky enough to have someone like dip27in by their side.
True that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I can see mi2n's favorite car parked beside in this picture Reminded me of Red vs Blue
Just noticed that both the Ecosports had failed to correctly align with the rest.
mi2n is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2020, 16:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for this detailed report that brought back so many good memories of my Kinetic Blue Figo aka Bluey

I got mine in 2013 and drove her for 5 years and 70k km. My experience with the Figo was truly great. She was always a pleasure to drive and even though the engine had only 68bhp on paper, thanks to that strong midrange she very rarely felt underpowered.

Isn't the timing belt change interval 5 years or 120k km? I sold my car just after the 5th year service and did not get this done. I told the new buyer to get this done on priority as it's an important preventive maintenance part. Suggest you get this done ASAP since it's been 6 years (I see it's already in your plan).

The only major issue I faced was with rusting under the door beadings as detailed in my initial ownership report -Link (My Kinetic Blue Ford Figo Titanium Diesel). I think this was a known issue with the Figo and Ford replaced the doors FOC on goodwill warranty
Also faced the infamous gear linkage bush breaking and actually drove home and to the service later after tying the linkage with my shoelace!

Surprised to hear the injector issue is there on the facelift Figo as well. I thought that issue was resolved during the facelift with an injector change from Continental to Bosch.

Service was very very affordable all through with all services till 70k costing less than 5k (60k service was more since I had to change brake pads and the damper pulley + alternator belt) . Such a good experience meant I was glad to continue with another Ford and got her elder sibling the Ecosport home.

Good to know you plan to hold on to this car for a while. I miss the handling of the Figo.

Bluey served me well and was in top condition when I sold her. She even fetched me ~50% in resale value (bought for 6.9L and sold for 3.3L).

This is her posing after a good detailing session
Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-img_20171111_144816.jpg

On the day she was handed over to the new owner.
Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-img_20180818_141118.jpg

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 11th April 2020 at 17:03.
fiat_tarun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 10:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Thank you for this detailed report that brought back so many good memories of my Kinetic Blue Figo aka Bluey

I got mine in 2013 and drove her for 5 years and 70k km. My experience with the Figo was truly great. She was always a pleasure to drive and even though the engine had only 68bhp on paper, thanks to that strong midrange she very rarely felt underpowered.

Isn't the timing belt change interval 5 years or 120k km? I sold my car just after the 5th year service and did not get this done. I told the new buyer to get this done on priority as it's an important preventive maintenance part. Suggest you get this done ASAP since it's been 6 years (I see it's already in your plan).

The only major issue I faced was with rusting under the door beadings as detailed in my initial ownership report -Link (My Kinetic Blue Ford Figo Titanium Diesel). I think this was a known issue with the Figo and Ford replaced the doors FOC on goodwill warranty
Also faced the infamous gear linkage bush breaking and actually drove home and to the service later after tying the linkage with my shoelace!

Surprised to hear the injector issue is there on the facelift Figo as well. I thought that issue was resolved during the facelift with an injector change from Continental to Bosch.

Service was very very affordable all through with all services till 70k costing less than 5k (60k service was more since I had to change brake pads and the damper pulley + alternator belt) . Such a good experience meant I was glad to continue with another Ford and got her elder sibling the Ecosport home.

Bluey served me well and was in top condition when I sold her. She even fetched me ~50% in resale value (bought for 6.9L and sold for 3.3L).

Great to know about your experience with the Figo!

Yes, timing belt change does specify 5 years too. But the problem I've with FORD A.S.S. regarding this replacement is that they are bent on replacing all the pulleys alongwith. Both for the timing kit and the drive belt. When confronted, they say the entire design of both the belt assemblies were changed sometime down the line and hence the whole kit needs to be swapped. I doubt it. The tensioner might need to be changed and also the idler pulley of the drive belt in my case. Anyway, plan is to change whatever is needed from a trusty FNG after due inspection.

I have not yet faced any issues with the injectors. The diagnosis by the engineer at Ford was bogus and mischievous as has been later verified outside by plugging in a very reliable scanner tool.

I was aware of the door rusting issue but thought it was limited to the white colored cars only. Mine is holding up fine though.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks