Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2020, 11:46   #1
BHPian

Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi

This is the story of CRINGER. Our 2014, Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi EXi. Christened after the fearless pet cat of Prince Adam of Eternia from the engulfing "Masters of the Universe" series which evoked such deep passion in our childhood. By his heroic acts over the years and with dollops of cosmetic add-ons, our Cringer has truly transformed himself into the mighty "Battle-Cat."

Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-1.jpg

It is always a great feeling when you get to go shopping for a new car! More so, when it is your parents who prod you to get one. You see, otherwise, evil thoughts of guilt and finances seep in souring the fun to some extent. But then when dad said -"Son, go get yourself a new car. We need to use your current ride." my joy knew no bounds.

Cars considered :

1. Fiat Punto MJD - After living with the very average Chevrolet Beat, the default urge was to get something a bit more fun. The Punto was the de-facto enthusiast's choice. Alas, the sole dealer in Kolkata was wrapping up his business at that time and couldn't offer a test drive. Drove a relatively fine specimen at a used car dealer. Honestly, apart from the timeless looks and tank like build, I found the car very ordinary otherwise.

2. Tata Vista QJD - The Vista was priced well and I checked an almost new unit at the same used car dealer. The cabin and ergonomics were to my liking, so was the nimble gear shifts. The Punto handled better, though the Vista was fairly livable and otherwise easier to drive.

3. Chevrolet Beat TCDI - Chevrolet Beat was due for a facelift and I was offered a pre-facelift top of the line Beat diesel for a hefty discount. It was a close call and we almost booked a Black Chevy Beat, but thankfully good sense prevailed.

4. Ford Figo TDCi - The Figo had never appealed to me before due to it's frontal looks and the lazy petrol motor. However, I did like the side and rear profiles. We had test driven the petrol Figo in 2010 and rejected it although I was in love with the all black interiors. This time we tried the diesel and fell in love instantly. The little Ford was the only car that made us feel very happy on almost all counts. The Figo was due to be replaced by the new Ka and therefore we got a great deal.

Booking and Delivery experience :

We booked a Kinetic Blue EXi after being promised a 2014 make car by Kaikan Ford, Kolkata. The final price after negotiations came to INR 5.7 lakhs on-road. They agreed to paint the door handles and ORVM Cowl in body color and affix the chrome kit of ZXi model for free. I paid a further INR 5k for the OE Fog lamps and floor console of the Titanium variant. Meanwhile, I received an SMS from Ford India intimating that our car was dispatched from the factory. I continued to pester the sales advisor for a discount on the OE music system and seat covers. A week later the car arrived and I was informed that my car already came with the OE Bluetooth ICE fitted from the factory. Apparently, Ford was providing the ICE on lower models too for stock clearance. This was a pleasant surprise. I did not bother with the seat covers and thought to install them later from the friendly neighborhood accessory shop.

Unfortunately, I fell sick a couple of days before scheduled delivery and had to be hospitalized. We could reach the showroom to take delivery only at a much later date. During this time the SA had called up a couple of times asking about my health. All formalities were completed and kept ready and we were shown to our car, ready to be driven home. I was pleasantly surprised to find seat covers installed in the car. The exact design of choice too. The most costliest one they had for the Figo when I had inquired during booking. The fitment was excellent and felt almost OEM. Seeing me so happy, the SA smiled and informed me that the seat covers are a free gift from the dealership to make me feel good after some very forgettable days in the hospital. It really worked. We shook hands, exchanged sweets and gifts and drove out.

All in all, my best car buying experience till date.

Rating : 5 out of 5

Fresh out of the dealership
Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-2.jpg

Last edited by mi2n : 6th April 2020 at 16:11.
mi2n is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 19:29   #2
BHPian

re: Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi

Accessories added over time :

Sunfilm- After much deliberations installed Llumar sun-film on windows and hatch door glass. Installation was done at home by authorized persons who handed over a 5 year warranty as well. Still holding up like new even after six years. Very effective in keeping the harsh elements at bay.
Cost - INR 4,000/-.

Alloy Wheels -Got HRS wheels at a great price from Indo Radial Club, Bhowanipur. Holding well for more than 5 years, although they have lots of battle-scars now owing to several trips to the Himalayas, some of which were through the dreaded NH34.
Cost - INR 18,000/-

Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-3.jpg

HID Headlights - Like I said, I never liked the frontal looks of the Figo. The stock headlights, although improved in the facelift was a hazard on unlit highways and single carriageways. After a couple of close calls decided to upgrade the lighting. Now, I'm never at home with aux lamps, especially in small cars I feel they look like an eye sore. So after some serious deliberations, finalized to install a projector and HID kit. Friends hooked me up to a local installer who promptly took away the headlights and the very next day the modified headlamps were installed. The unit looks beautiful and provides very good illumination. It has thoroughly transformed the frontal looks of the car. The main components, i.e. the ballast(NHK), projectors(Koito Q5) and the HID Bulbs(Luxpro 4300k) has been holding out rather well without any failure for over more than three years of daily usage. There are some little irritants though. The Switchback CCFL Rings only works with the indicators now, so I'm left without a parking light up front. The projector vibrates like mad at idle and the installer had cracked one of the lights during installation.
Cost - INR 16,000/-

Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-5.jpg

Android Auto /Carplay - This is a very recent addition made in November last year. After experiencing Maruti's Smartplay unit in BHPian DJR's S-Cross, got hooked to Android Auto and the features and convenience it provides. Thought the old girl deserves this little tech upgrade. A lot of research ensued. Came across a number of prohibitively expensive head units but never got myself to splurge so much as I'm not much of an audiophile. I was offered no name android head-units everywhere instead which did not squarely serve my purpose. Finally found a cheap AA/Carplay unit from Woodman. Bought it online from their website after a brief chat with their rep. Unit arrived at home in Kolkata within 24 hours. Installation was smooth electronically, however, the Figo's dash panel doesn't take in a double din and so, the saw-blade had to be used generously. But overall it has been a great upgrade. The sound quality is better than the OE unit with stock speakers. There was nothing to complain about the SQ of the stock unit to begin with. New unit came with an universal steering control which works like a charm. It never hangs or reboots like the android units. I've hooked up a reversing cam as well.
Cost - INR 8,500 (Including SWC+Camera+installation)

Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-4.jpg

Last edited by mi2n : 6th April 2020 at 16:17.
mi2n is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 20:10   #3
BHPian

Periodic Service and Maintenance :

As I type this post, the ODO stands at 99,200 kilometers.

The Figo Diesel has a service interval of 10,000 kilometers/1 year. Till about 1 lakh kilometer there is no mandate for any major part replacements and the regular service routine of oil and filter change cost around INR 2,000-2,500. Every now and then, I would allow an add-on at service advisors request. Sometimes I would do some preventive maintenance over and above what was mandated as per the service manual. Considering everything, I've ended up spending an average of INR 3,500 per paid service till the 70k kilometer mark which I find very reasonable. That apart I had bought extended warranty cover for 2 years at INR 11,000/- during one of my paid service.

Parts/Tyres/Battery Replacements -

Link Rod (LHS) - ODO - 7,000KM - Warranty
Link Rod (LHS+RHS) - ODO - 22,000KM - Warranty
Radiator fan relay - ODO - 37,000KM - Warranty
Battery (Motorkraft) - ODO - 35,000KM - INR 4,000
Brake pads (front) - ODO - 40,000KM - INR 2,000
4 Yokohama E1 Tyres - ODO - 42,000KM - INR 16,000
Gearshift cable bush - ODO - 53,000KM - INR 600
Front Shocks - ODO - 80,000KM - INR 3,000
Front link rods+ends - ODO - 80,000KM -INR 3,500
Drive Belt - ODO - 80,000KM - INR 700
4 Michelin XM2 Tyres -ODO - 88,000KM - INR 17,000
AC Blower motor - ODO - 94,000KM - INR 4,500
Rear brake shoe - ODO - 97,000 - INR 2,000
Coolant return pipe - ODO - 97,000 - INR 3,000
Gearshift cable bush - ODO -97,000KM - INR 500

The car was religiously serviced at Ford A.S.S. till the 70,000 KM mark. All this while, the service experience was fantastic and reasonably affordable. No unwanted part replacements were advised and seldom was a request for an add-on made. I'm also very satisfied with the knowledge and skill level of the service staff at Ford. I could, however, notice a gradually increasing overhead in all bills. As per my last visit to replace a leaking coolant return pipe, the cost of labor charged was in fact more than the cost of the part.

At about 80k KMS on the ODO, I started to notice a squeaking noise from the drive belt at cold start in the mornings. The noise would go away within a few minutes and never appear throughout the day again. Took the car to FASS immediately as the scheduled 80k service was also falling due in a few days. That's when I got my first real shocker from Ford service. It is also around this time that most of the known faces in the service center had left or had been replaced for some reason. So, I was basically dealing with a new set of guys. So what changed? At around 22k KMs on the ODO during a trip to the Himalayas, the car bellied out on a rut. Upon return, it was found that the gear box mount had developed a crack due to the impact. The then SA inspected the damage thoroughly and even though I had already approved the replacement, he insisted that replacement was not necessary at that time. I'm still running on that cracked mount till date with no issues. Now, I drove in with a squeaky belt and was given an estimate of INR 15,000 for replacing the drive belt with all pulleys (replacing only the belt or the belt and the erring pulley was not an option). The technician who took me along for the test drive also mentioned of a failing Injector! That would set me back by INR 15,000 more. He insisted that he could notice the mis-fire through an inconsistent vibration. I asked the SA, if they could just change the drive belt and clean the EGR alongwith the scheduled routine service. He flatly refused stating that he cannot perform any work which is beyond the service manual. I drove out.

Friend and BHPian dip27in came to the rescue. 80k service was done at his doorstep by his trusted mechanic under his strict supervision. Alongwith the front shockers, tie rods and end joints were replaced. The EGR was removed and cleaned thoroughly. It was a joy to watch the things unfold with dip27in giving detailed insight of parts and procedures constantly. This was the first time Cringer tasted synthetic engine oil.

Perks of getting your car serviced at dip27in's home. A squeaky clean engine bay courtesy the man himself. The cleaning was thorough using a plethora of cleaning agents in colorful bottles and not a top wash job like A.S.S.

Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-6.jpg

Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-7.jpg

Post this service the car was totally transformed. Refinement levels went up to unforeseen levels, the even stiffer aftermarket shocks and the clean EGR brought a wide grin on my face every time i put my foot down and kept it that way on a curve or two. More than that, the knowledge the man imparts selflessly gave me confidence to try out the next periodic service at home. It was a great experience shopping for parts and consumables and completing a periodic service at home and at a nominal cost of labor paid to a very diligent neighborhood mechanic. I am thoroughly enjoying this learning curve!

At around 94k on the ODO, the AC fan stopped blowing air. Took it to a FNG who diagnosed a bad blower motor and replaced it with a OE part.

I had to visit F.A.S.S. one more time in December last year due to a ruptured coolant return pipe and for replacing the rear brake shoes. Once again, SA advised to change the rear drums as well. Clicked a few photos of the drum and sent it to dip27in and upon subsequent consultation, rejected the proposal of the SA. This time, I was also advised to replace the timing kit, belt plus pulleys. I asked the SA if he had checked the timing belt personally, to which he replied in the negative. He said the timing kit has to be replaced at 1,00,000 kms and that my car had already run 97,000 kms. Knowing that the owner's manual mandate the timing kit change at 1,20,000 kms, I drove of after paying through my nose for the coolant return pipe and brake shoes. I'm now planning to get the idler pulley of the drive belt and the timing kit changed at home by my neighborhood mechanic.

Rating
Ford Service: 5 out of 5 (till the car was in warranty) and 2 out of 5 (thereafter)
Maintenance cost : 5 out of 5
Durability of parts : 5 out of 5

Last edited by mi2n : 6th April 2020 at 16:18.
mi2n is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 23:35   #4
BHPian

The Priceless Memories :

It has been a dream run over the last six years with the Figo TDCi in our lives. It has accompanied and seen us through the happiest moments and never let us down.

1. Daily commute - The Figo is very easy to drive around in the city. Ample low end grunt makes driving in bumper to bumper traffic a breeze. It has good visibility all around with low set dashboard and low window sills. The clutch isn't too hard to operate and boy is it fun to chuck this Ford around. There is not much flab around the body and the Figo can be easily accommodated into narrow gaps and by-lanes. My daily office commute of 55 kms had never been this engaging and exciting. The suspension is on the firmer side but that doesn't compromise ride comfort in the front row seats at all. The seats are comfortable and has a sporty feel due to it's positioning. The car is also very frugal and returns an average of 16 kmpl in city commutes. The interiors are also aesthetically pleasing and doesn't have any rough edges like other budget cars.

Not so mundane daily commute
Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-10.jpg

Sometimes we take small diversions
Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-8.jpg

Often, we stop for food
Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-9.jpg

2. Bringing our daughter home and her first road trip - This has to be our happiest moments with Cringer. The day we bought our little princess home, cocooned safely in the rear seat in her mother's arm. The gleam in my dad's eyes when he opened that kinetic blue door to have the first glimpse of his grand daughter. Cringer has been a part of it all. A few months later, she was on her first road trip! A 1,100 kms roundtrip to Puri.

Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-11.jpg

3. Attending Team-BHP meets - Although the Ford is part of a 3 car garage, Cringer has attended most Team-BHP meets than the others. The Figo has been my go-to ride for such meets. Specially because she is the most photogenic.

From misty winter meets (P.C. Samba)

Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-13.jpg

Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-12.jpg

and cloudy monsoon meets

Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-14.jpg

to even the off-road meets

Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-15.jpg

4. Numerous trips to the Himalayas - I made numerous trips to the Himalayas with Cringer till 2016. Every moment of those trips are cherished memories. Most of these were solo trips which allowed me to bond with the Himalayas and her people. These trips taught me many valuable lessons and how rugged and abuse friendly this small hatchback actually is.

We looked at the vast valleys
Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-20.jpg

and stopped by the lush green hills
Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-16.jpg

we posed with snow peaks
Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-17.jpg

enjoyed the windy ghat roads
Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-18.jpg

and crossed bridges and borders to get back home to our loved ones
Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-19.jpg

Last edited by mi2n : 6th April 2020 at 12:52.
mi2n is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 13:13   #5
BHPian

Likes and dislikes :
It will be very hard to post an unbiased opinion after this long and true bonding with the car. It feels like a part of me now. The pros and cons of the Figo 1.4 are detailed thoroughly in the official Team-BHP review, which helped me narrow down to this car during our search. I will try and put forth my perspective in brief

Pros -

1. That steering! It is alive!
2. The linear power delivery and low end grunt is addictive
3. Grippy. Sticks to the tarmac like a leech. Pliant ride up front too.
4. The overall build quality with special mention of the paint quality. Totally rattle free.
5. The spacious and well appointed interiors. Carries that Euro feel well.
6. Attention to details. The electric boot release button
7. Fuel efficiency. Easily does 20 kilometers to a liter on the highways. Decent 16 kmpl in city too.
8. Durable parts, even the wear and tear ones easily lasts twice that of other cars.
9. Extremely effective air conditioning unit.
10. Red backlit dials - sporty!
11. The stock ICE - decent set of features and sound quality
12. Decent rear seat and space. Big and usable boot by hatchback standards.
13. Reasonably priced car
14. The unique key
15. Well insulated cabin
16. Ford service during warranty and extended warranty tenure. Cheap and professional.

Cons -

1. Sober but dated styling. Losses out to the current generation of Suzukis and Hyundais in outright visual appeal.
2. Longer wheelbase than competition, tends to bottom out when loaded.
3. LHD oriented stalks. Still gets me every time I switch between cars with RHD orientation.
4. Poor headlights. A hazard during night drives on uncharted or unlit roads.
5. Cramped engine bay. Even a headlight bulb change is tiresome and requires removal of few other parts to access.
6. Spirited drivers will complain about lack of performance from the 1.4. Doesn't bother me though.
7. That weird bonnet release mechanism. Looks fancy, but breaks easily.
8. The 1.4 TDCi is not as refined as it's counterparts. Although nothing seeps inside the cabin, some might feel the clatter embarrassing from outside. Nowhere as coarse as the VW diesels though.
9. The instrument cluster is very very basic even in the top trims. Not much information here unless you fiddle with that tiny MID.
10. Ford service post warranty. High parts and labor costs. Unnecessary replacement advises.
11.Availability of service parts and spares in the market is not as common as other mass market players.
12. Would have liked ABS+EBD, even though the brakes are adequate.

Final thoughts and conclusion -
It will be very hard to even think of replacing our Figo. At one point of time, there were five or six Figos in the TBHP-Kolkata group. Cringer is the last one standing in the group now. On one hand I am aware that costly and critical replacements will be needed but on the other hand, I know that I have people in the knowhow who can guide me through them and help me keep Cringer in good shape without any help from Ford service. BHPian ShuvC had his Figo for over 1.6 lakh kms trouble free. He assures. Changing the belt and pulleys is uncharted territory for me, but apart from that I think I can manage the rest with help from knowledgeable friends. Cringer has not seen much highway action or long trips post 2016 but continues to be the most driven among the three. I plan to keep Cringer at home till such time the Government allows me to. I plan to keep her as my daily driver as long as I can.

Ready for office commute on a Monday. Still looking fresh and eager even after six years.
Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-21.jpg

Last edited by mi2n : 6th April 2020 at 16:31.
mi2n is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 17:19   #6
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!

The passion is evident from your posts! Lovely thread mi2n and wish you many more miles of happiness with the Cringer!
BlackPearl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 19:57   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi

Your Figo is a looker. Figo looks best in this blue shade.
This is a crisp, honest & to the point review. Rated 5*
Please utilize this lock-down period to write a review on your Tuv and the Etios too!

I miss these clean lines in the modern cars. The low stance, the long wheelbase and the telepathic steering made this car a delight to drive around the corners. I agree the engine lacked power at the upper end but in normal driving condition people hardly drive in that range! The new 1.5 L Tdci or the old 1.6L petrol from the old Fiesta was what, this car needed!

I still regret selling my Figo. It was a drivers car!

Sharing few pics of your Figo from Kolkata Team Bhp meets. Your blue one always stands out!

Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-13613225_1133734200031805_8452638616451704823_o.jpg

Old Fords alloy wheels showoff !

Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-27500571_1977093412362542_6158964290044540450_o.jpg

The iconic Fords!

Six years with Cringer - My Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi-27501027_1977093809029169_4593355970056696760_o.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 6th April 2020 at 20:02.
Samba is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 09:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
This is the story of CRINGER. Our 2014, Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi EXi. Christened after the fearless pet cat of Prince Adam of Eternia from the engulfing "Masters of the Universe" series which evoked such deep passion in our childhood. By his heroic acts over the years and with dollops of cosmetic add-ons, our Cringer has truly transformed himself into the mighty "Battle-Cat."
Lovely report there mi2n! CRINGER looks like just out of the showroom - you have maintained him very nicely. I also like the tastefully done mods on the car.

That said, what are your plans for the lights? Do you plan to repair them / get something new?
blackwasp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 10:39   #9
BHPian

Such a lovely machine. In my honest opinion, I find it to be better than the current generation Figo, which except for its superior diesel engine, is far more ordinary to drive. Since this was based on the 5th gen Fiesta, it was super fun to drive. I written this on another thread too, but I really want Ford to bring back the Fiesta in its hatchback form (even of it's not the 7th generation as dynamically, nothing comes near it.) Stay safe, and please stay at home.
BZ25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 17:56   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
The passion is evident from your posts! Lovely thread mi2n and wish you many more miles of happiness with the Cringer!

Thank you! We are all very passionate about about our cars. Cringer is special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Your Figo is a looker. Figo looks best in this blue shade.
This is a crisp, honest & to the point review. Rated 5*
Please utilize this lock-down period to write a review on your Tuv and the Etios too!

Thanks! The TUV and Etios shall wait their turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
That said, what are your plans for the lights? Do you plan to repair them / get something new?

Glad you liked it. Well, I have tried the standalone DRLs but those were too bright and blingy for my liking. I'm averse to opening up the lights. Looking for some diffused or hidden lights which does not spoil the looks but can function as parking lights. The stock holes for the parking light bulbs in the headlights are covered by the projector housing, so can't really go back to bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
Such a lovely machine. In my honest opinion, I find it to be better than the current generation Figo, which except for its superior diesel engine, is far more ordinary to drive. Since this was based on the 5th gen Fiesta, it was super fun to drive. I written this on another thread too, but I really want Ford to bring back the Fiesta in its hatchback form (even of it's not the 7th generation as dynamically, nothing comes near it.) Stay safe, and please stay at home.

Yes, I too believe that the Fiesta would have done much better as a hatchback. Ford has already been successfully selling the Ecosport which, I believe, shares the same platform as the Fiesta. A hatch on the same platform would have made commercial sense too.
mi2n is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 23:04   #11
BHPian

What a review and your CRINGER looks absolutely smashing in blue. Must say this is one of the best machines I have driven so far and one of the rare ones where engine of the car is outrun by chasis. And that hydraulic steering set up always bring smiles.
Suspension, brakes everything was good except the Lights. Your review is absolutely spot on the observations.

My roommate used to own this car and I used to find reasons to drive it. Once took this to Himachal from Noida and that was one of the best drives I ever had.

Wish you many more miles and hold on to this beauty as far as you can.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 14:39   #12
BHPian

A very lovely and to the point review. Specially loved the photos and each photo of yours tell a story.

We bought a used Figo 1.4 TDCi in the Titanium variant last year, but as fate had it the car turned out to be a lemon only after a few days of buying and we eventually ended up selling it. But boy o boy such a lovely car it was. The handling was spot on and the ride felt very compliant. The steering is something that I miss the most of this car, the hydraulic steering along with the low seating position of this car gave immense confidence to the one sitting behind the wheel. As a replacement, we bought the Figo Blu diesel only but this car in the 1.4 avatar was ages ahead of the new Figo in terms of pure driving pleasure.
Maybe in the future, I might buy the old Figo again and put the new 99 BHP TDCi engine in it. This car deserved the new TDCi more than any other Ford if you ask me
Tanveer02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 14:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

All I can say is that they just don't make cars like this any more. My Black 1.4 TDCi Titanium is on its 8th year of ownership and is now used by my wife for her daily office commute. She has only started driving recently and is already able to appreciate its ride and handling. She hs driven a couple of other cars notably a swift, Etios and an i10 grande but keeps saying that non of them drive like her Figo and so now plans to use it, till it stops working.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 17:09   #14
BHPian

A very well maintained car and a brief & crisp review to the point. I fell for this car (I have a 2013 Figo ZXi) after driving my cousin's car. I was amazed by the steering (like others have commented), but the more striking experience was its planted feel on the road/highway esp after coming from the maruti stable (wagonr/ertiga).

Even after 6+ years, I am still like to drive it, even though I use it very rarely (thanks to the lack of road space in our city) usually on highway runs. We usually do a 800km round trip in a day on NH4 without any problems in this car.

Only complaint, if I have to bring up one, is its low ground clearance - bottom scrapes on uneven surfaces/speedbumps on the road when car has 4 or more adults.
null is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 19:44   #15
BHPian

Kudos to you for your candid yet passionate post! I've to be honest. I am not a fan of this Ford Figo generation because of it's underwhelming engines and not so good feature list (lack of rear power windows even in top trims irked me). But, after reading your post, I started appreciating it's goodness and simple, robust character. Also, I fell in love with CRINGER's looks while seeing in the snaps, not to mention it's awesome headlamps, which cringe at it's rivals

Wish you more miles, and keep the thread updated!

Regards,
Mukhil
Ultim8 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks