Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2007, 10:27   #31
BHPian

No idea pal. i drove the spark for a lil distance only..
Old 19th September 2007, 14:23   #32
BHPian

bunnypunia... one basic question to you.Sorry its very silly. Anyway i shall ask as i plan to buy a WagonR Vxi during Diwali.

How to detect the manufacture date(year and month) of the car when i visit the dealer stockyard ? Thanks in advance.

Ramki.
Old 19th September 2007, 14:42   #33
BHPian

ramki : if im not wrong, open the bonnet, and there is a small aluminium badge pinned on the body somewhere there (where the you pull the hook to open the bonnet). it has the batch number, as well as the month and yr of manufacture.

Update : our wagon r turned one yr old on Sep 3rd. The odo reads over 15,000km now
Old 19th September 2007, 15:01   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
bunnypunia... one basic question to you.Sorry its very silly. Anyway i shall ask as i plan to buy a WagonR Vxi during Diwali.

How to detect the manufacture date(year and month) of the car when i visit the dealer stockyard ? Thanks in advance.

Ramki.
Some manafacturers dont mark the date of manafacture ( as in my case). You can check the tyres and on it the month of tyre manafactured is printed. If you buying in Sep'07 then the month printed on it should not be more than 2 months before ( e.g : July'07)
Old 16th October 2007, 14:51   #35
BHPian

Gm

Does GM put the month of manufacture on the chassis? I might want to buy a Chevrolet Spark . . .
Old 27th October 2007, 18:59   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
ramki : if im not wrong, open the bonnet, and there is a small aluminium badge pinned on the body somewhere there (where the you pull the hook to open the bonnet). it has the batch number, as well as the month and yr of manufacture.

Update : our wagon r turned one yr old on Sep 3rd. The odo reads over 15,000km now
Bunny,

How is the car now... like the gearshift, is it still notchy? How much services has your baby undergone? and What are service prices you paid. And any other updates?
Please specify as this would be of much useful to me..

Thankz,
Ramki.
Old 28th October 2007, 00:21   #37
BHPian

im in mumbai since june.. goin back for diwali, will update this topic
talked to bro, gearshifts got better after the job at maruti, but still nowhere as smooth as our 7yr old Zen!
Old 29th October 2007, 12:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Gearshifts in Maruti wagon R is a big pain.I owned for 4 years and had experienced this time and again. Otherwise the vehicle was good.

Regarding the sevicing charges, it was around 1.5~2K per 6 months. I used to give my vehicle for servicing once in 6 months and mandatories like oil changes.

As far as the manufacturing date is concerned, some manufacturers does not put the month and year in numericals, they use the alphabets/roman digits to identify the month and year like for Jan-A, Feb-B and son on...
Old 29th October 2007, 13:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Gearshifts in Maruti wagon R is a big pain.I owned for 4 years and had experienced this time and again. Otherwise the vehicle was good.
I do not agree with this statement. I've been using mine for the past 6+ years and have had no problem with the gear shift, except for the first 500 to 1000 kms, when the gears were a tad stiff--especially 5th and reverse.
However the effort to shift gears is more than other cars like Santro due to the rubbery feeling. To illustrate this point, I'd taught my son driving on my WagonR last May. But when I gave him my Fiesta for a short stint on the highway, when I told him to change down to 3rd when he was slowing down to below 40, he put 1st gear instead!!
Old 29th October 2007, 14:59   #40
Senior - BHPian

Well, I had experienced this myself and have mentioned here. I was driving this car for 4 years and reverse gear was shifting with a "Thud" sound. While driving in fourth and changing to 5th was aslo a big pain as the it never happened in single shift. Some times, I used to shift the gears twice from 4th to 5th.

This is my experience.
Old 29th October 2007, 16:26   #41
BHPian

i do own a LXI-DUO for more than a year... maybe i got used to the gear shift... but yes... compared to other cars... this is hard...

FE is lousy too ... i get around 11 kms... but could be mainly because i have a driver too... and he tends to drive it a little rough...
Old 30th October 2007, 12:39   #42
BHPian

I too agree with gear shifts

We own two WagonR's in our family. A petrol Lxi (Pre Facelift model) and Duo Lxi.Comparing to the Duo Petrol lxi gearshift is smooth but throw is long and sometimes engaging reverse gear is a problem. If you release the clutch compleltely and then press the clutch and try to engage, the gear can be sloted easily.With the petrol lxi i have another problem with gear, if you hit hump or pothole in good speed (50+) gear shifts automatically to neutral.I have faced this issue 3-4 times in last 1.5 years. In duo it is almost impossible to slot the 5th sometimes(even our baleno has the same issue to a lesser extend).Both cars are giving very good milege Petrol gives an avg of 14 in Blore city traffic with 30-40% AC on. Duo FE also improved after 3000 kmts.It gives 12.5 with 90-95% AC on in kerala (where we have no roads after this monsoon).
Old 31st October 2007, 09:19   #43
BHPian

i had mentioned somewhere in this forum that our wagon r had a very bad 'box, whereas my friends 2003 ( i think.. or may be 2004) model wagon r had super smooth gears
Old 31st October 2007, 10:35   #44
BHPian

I own a Vxi and have had it for the last 4 years

I must also add that the gear shift could have been better. For the first 4 services, I had the gear shift checked for being very notchy especially from 1 to 2 or when putting reverse but nothing came of it.

Cost of ownership is the best part of owning a Maruti, I guess. Services costs anywhere between Rs. 800 to 1500 all inclusive and the dealer offers free pick up and drop off, which I think is a great service. I have done about 24K till date and no major repairs or component failures.
Old 31st October 2007, 13:38   #45
BHPian

Gave my Wagon-R Lxi for service a 20k at Varun Motors. I accepted for engine flushing which he offered (thought it would cost me 250). Later I came to know they did engine decarbanization and charged me Rs.1500. The sad thing is, now I am getting only 10kmpl in city conditions. I used to get 14-15 before. .

Regarding the gear shifting, it is not too hard for my car, but definitely bad compared to other cars. Shifting to first gear some times is really painful. Previously, putting 5th gear was really bad, but now after third servicing, it is really smooth.

Most Viewed