Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2007, 13:42   #46
BHPian

Also,
I jumped my car on a lying tree, which was put as a caution for a breakdown lorry in the fast lane, on krishnagiri to banglore road. The rear axle got bent (very slightly, which is enough for uneven tyrewear at the rear) and front left shocks gone for toss. The bill I got for replacement of these two is just 3800 including tax and labor. Rear axle is Rs.1400 and front left shock is Rs.1300. Labor charge around Rs. 800. I felt happy for the low cost of the spares.
Old 31st October 2007, 15:48   #47
BHPian

This is my second car after my zen and agree to most others in the group that sometimes, the gear ****s might cause a few problems but surely the advantages outbeat the problems
Old 7th November 2007, 14:07   #48
BHPian

As mentioned earlier I am still holding a 5 yrs. old Wagon R (The first verision) clocking 60 K KM. My service bills have never crossed even 4K in all these years except for one instance which involved accidental repairs of the entire right hand side fender and right door. But that was due to the painting job and not for spares. Gear shifts are not at all that bad as it seems from this thread (at least in my car) though it does get stuck sometime in reverse. But as a overall package this car really rocks anywhere you drive it.
Old 6th October 2008, 11:54   #49

New Wagan R.

Just picked up our first Car( Wagon R LXi). Being a first time Car owner I am not very qualified to comment in this threads. However, I would like to add that yes The gearbox does feel notchy. My gear box does feel a bit Tight in 2nd but is smooth in 1st,3rd and in 4th. The 5th Cog although does resist a little. In reverse on occasion it has slipped making a racket although rarely.

On the whole i like the car.cheers:

one -Point though, 2nd gear shifts are virtualy Impossible without Brushing the co-pilots Thigh.

regards and Rock on

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th October 2008 at 11:57.
Old 6th October 2008, 12:46   #50
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Notchy gearbox

Just picked up our first Car( Wagon R LXi). Being a first time Car owner I am not very qualified to comment in this threads. However, I would like to add that yes The gearbox does feel notchy. My gear box does feel a bit Tight in 2nd but is smooth in 1st,3rd and in 4th.

Hi roshuch,

Yes, this problem of a notch gearbox has been plaguing the Wagon R ever since it was launched. I fail to understand why they are not addressing this problem, despite customer feedback.

I had driven the Wagon R, but went against it only because of the notchy gearbox, which makes it quite a pain to drive at times in stop-and-go city traffic.

Cheers,

gpa
Old 16th October 2008, 19:33   #51
BHPian

the problem of gear shift on our wR is similar to my good old Hero Puch 3G of my college days. If you adjust it for 1st gear.. 3rd gear would slip or jam.. similarly in wR whenever adjusted for 1st gear-change, 5th or reverse gear will become hard to engage.

but my concern has been FE. We get around 14-15 kmpl on long rides (on state highways) and around 11 in city.

can the wR users here confirm with their mileage. our wR has done 8K and it is 1 yr old (all 3 free services done). The service engineer at Maruthi says the car should run above 10k kms to loosen up the engine for the better FE .
We even did a test drive with the service mechanic for 40 kms tank full to tank full.. it returned 15.3 (very less considering we drove it on the smooth straight road at sedate speeds).
Old 21st November 2008, 17:34   #52
BHPian

I have driven my wagon R for over 15k kms. The second gear is surely a problem, others are relatively smooth. Its a great car for city driving, but on highways sometimes it feels like it can be blown away by the wind. I try not to clock over 130kmph on it
Old 8th December 2008, 21:22   #53
BHPian

Wagon R, 1year Ownership reviews

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Hi TBhp, [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]This is my first posting and I would like to share my views on WagonR. This is my first car & very satisfied with it. Just completed 1st anniversary of my car and also clocked 11K with it. I would like to share my view on it. (Pre & Post 3rd service).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Car: WagonR Lxi/31st Nov 07/White.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Pre Service: This car obeyed all my commands either in city or on highways. In Mumbai I used to go through worst of the traffic from Sakinaka to Ghansoli via Powai, spending almost 30-40 min in Traffic Jam. It navigates from all available places thanks to its power steering and small dimensions. Initially with the common issue of gear changes, I used to keep visiting the service station with smallest problems in Gear Changes (Spectra Guys used to run away from me) but later they have done there nice job and now the gear shifts are hassle free(Except Reverse Gear, where it gives a thud sound while engaging). The A/C is also good which cools the cabin quite faster as compared to my friend’s Santro which is also just a month older to my WagonR(This opinion is of my friend).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Just before 3rd Service, I went to mahabaleshwar via pune at speed around 100 all the way on Highway. Bravely my car went till 130KM/Hr in straight line; I don’t have much courage to take it beyond. While cruising at speeds of 90 -100 it gives a bit shimmering effect and can be felt on steering wheel. At high speed it doesn’t have a firm grip but handles quite well around 110. It also pulls well while on ghat section. At least I am keeping speed with likes of scorpio & innova while climbing (On straight roads they are far ahead). Overall the car gives me confidence to overtake quite easily other similar cars (especially indica’s). Overall FE is 15.86 on Highway with cruising speed ~100-110 (it consumes 20% more fuel than going at 80). I used to reset trip meter and before refueling and calculate the average (assuming this is correct way to check).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]3Rd Free Service:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Engine Oil& Oil Filter Changes,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Break Pads Cleaned,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Clutch Engagement Adjustment,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Break Oil/Coolant/Gear Oil Top Up,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Wheel Alignment/Rotation,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Steering Checkup,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]A/C Condenser Cleaned.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Post Service:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I picked my car from Spectra Motors Ghatkopar. Instantly I found the engine gives less sound just like at the time of delivery. The Car behaves very nice, good pickup, picking speed of 80-90 without any glitch. But 1-2 gear issue is there but it is less troublesome (Only Reverse gear issue is persistent). But car feel is just like new, steering gives a nice response and wow the shimming effect is gone(Service Centre has done a good job of wheel alignment). Now at speeds of 90-100 there is almost no vibration in steering. After service, I am bringing my car daily to office at sakinaka, and found no issues with power, pickup or A/C. Just to check FE; I chose to fill up at Shell Super Premium Petrol. They say it’s a 94 Octane Fuel better than Speed 93 octane; senior’s could you please have a say on this?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Amazing I have driven my car around 192 KM on trip meter and till the fuel tank needle is above half tank mark. Estimated FE comes to be 14.75 (assuming 13 Ltr is consumed). I am going to take it to Pune, let’s wait for FE on Exp Highway. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Overall I am happy to own it purely on the basis of FE and nice handling. This is a good city car, but also not too bad on Highways. [/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 10th December 2008, 14:51   #54
BHPian

Today i came from Pune, Waggy given FE on highway around ~17 at a speeds of 100-110.

The new A-Star might beat this easily on FE
Old 15th December 2008, 14:24   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Today i came from Pune, Waggy given FE on highway around ~17 at a speeds of 100-110.

The new A-Star might beat this easily on FE
hi shabahmad, whats the FE of your wR in city driving conditions. our's as last reported is returning a meagre 10-11 kmpl in city :(
Old 16th December 2008, 11:28   #56
BHPian

I recently drove a friends WR from Chennai to Karur. The car was a breeze to drive. I probably would not have to list down all the great things of the car and wouldnt probably write about the gear shift being a nightmare.

The first thing that came to my mind is that the car needs a new heart. The new gen engines have a better FE too and also mange to put in that little bit extra when overtaking in the highways. As a practical car for the city, it is doing amazingly well. A new engine could be a great addition.
Old 9th January 2009, 10:48   #57
BHPian

Hi Som,

In mumbai city my dirve is around 45 Kms daily, around 25 Km in heavy bumper to bumper. It returned a 12 to 13 km/ltr. That is quite better than my friends santro (10-11). Both the santro & WagonR are driven in same condition and route is same.

Also averages are taken after 3rd Service.
Old 9th January 2009, 11:19   #58
BHPian

New Engine for Waggy

I Agree with KBalii. A new generation engine is required at this time. Coz lots of WagonR share is been eaten by I10, Indica Vista & Indigo CS. Also A Star will also woe away some WagonR customers.

Suzuki needs to react to market requirement as early. They are lazy and bring good products only after somebody has captured there sizable market share.
Old 10th January 2009, 14:33   #59
BHPian

Drove my gf(grand father's) wagonR yest. was impressed with the visibility and driving comfort. The seat gives you quite a commanding position. Everything being perfectly visible.
Old 25th May 2009, 11:33   #60

Hi,
I own a WR in Bangalore, have driven 6,000/- kms in the city in last 8 months, gives me FE of 14kms with A/c.
Love the car.
regards
roshuch

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks