Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2021, 11:59   #46
BHPian

Re: Why Did We Go For A 14 Year Old Toyota Corolla | Long Term Ownership Review|My 1st Forum On Team

You got yourself a gem! And this being a Toyota, it will last more than all of us combined. And those interiors look so clean. Spray some new car perfume and ask a non car guy to sit inside; he will easily mistake it for a new car. Congrats on your purchase, wishing you a minimum of 3 lac km of Toyota reliability!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NODA View Post
INTRODUCTION

I did my research online and came across this awesome product. It’s called the FM Bluetooth Transmitter. What it does is that it allows you to play music through a FM frequency wirelessly. I saw all the reviews and ordered one for my car. Now I can seamlessly play any music track wirelessly. (That too without fiddling with the wiring)
I never knew a device like this existed. Thanks for sharing, will order one soon for our car.
saikishor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 19:04   #47
BHPian

Re: Buying a 9-year old value-for-money sedan : My 2006 Toyota Corolla

Congratulations on your new Corolla! I used to have a Nokia C701 mobile phone with an inbuilt FM transmitter. Used it for 2 years to play my phone tunes on my 2003 Sony cassette player in the Santro Xing!

That was a fantastic feature in old Nokias! Anyway, I digress, love your car and sometimes, I am quite tempted to hunt for the Corolla Altis 1.8!
Old 4th September 2021, 19:18   #48
BHPian

Wow, what an incredible buy - probably the most VFM purchase I've seen here on Team BHP in many months! So much car for 2 lakhs, and that too with rock solid reliability. Here's wishing you many many miles of happy driving.
pavanmadhini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 20:20   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Extremely detailed write up there, Aditya.

Yours is a H2 variant; the H5 would have got you auto headlights, steering controls and lumbar support in the driver seat.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...rollas-mt.html (Old is Gold - Tale of Two Toyota Corollas - AT and MT)
How are the variants classified ? They have both, an H series and the J, G suffixes. Could you please explain?
Old 4th September 2021, 20:41   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matizcrazy View Post
How are the variants classified ? They have both, an H series and the J, G suffixes. Could you please explain?
Variants of the 9th Gen Corolla are elaborated here (2003 Toyota Corolla H4 Automatic Review – The Blue Beauty!). Now for the suffixes.

9th Gen Corolla - H1J was the base variant, E was the suffix for the H2 and H5 manual and G was the suffix for the H3 and H4 automatic.

10th Gen Altis - the H class was all removed. J remained the base variant, G was the mid variant with fabric seats, GL was the top manual variant with leather and power seats, faux wood steering, fog lamps, HID low beams and VL was the top automatic with all the features of GL plus cruise control.

Last edited by vigsom : 4th September 2021 at 20:43.
vigsom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 20:53   #51
BANNED

Re: Why Did We Go For A 14 Year Old Toyota Corolla | Long Term Ownership Review|My 1st Forum On Team

Quote:

This thread shares my ownership experiences of my 2006 Toyota Corolla 1.8E.
Wow it's a great car. Wishing you a 5 lakhs mark with this beauty. What's the real world fuel economy you are getting?

I'm also planning to get a Corolla in Bangalore. I saw a nice 2013 1.8 GL with 40k in odo. The dealer quoted 7 lakhs. What will be the best price for the car?

Last edited by Aditya : 5th September 2021 at 05:26. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 4th September 2021, 20:54   #52

Quote:
If you ask me, do not disturb the stock set up if you can live with it. But do install parking sensors if they already haven't been installed, and a reverse camera as it really helps in reversing this long fella out in tight spots. If a camera is installed, please do so just above the rear license plate and not on the bumper.
Thank you @vigsom. I really appreciate you for taking the time to read my forum. I hope it was as per the forum instructions. Regarding your advice on not to run the car on reserve, I'll definitely avoid running the car on reserve fuel next time. I haven't made my mind to put touchscreen yet as I am quite satisfied with the Bluetooth transmitter. I already have the parking sensors fitted for my car. I wanted to ask whether my post will be featured on the Team-BHP's Instagram page so that more people can view my thread.

Once again thank you for your response. It was nice communicating with you.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
You got yourself a gem! And this being a Toyota, it will last more than all of us combined. And those interiors look so clean. Spray some new car perfume and ask a non car guy to sit inside; he will easily mistake it for a new car. Congrats on your purchase, wishing you a minimum of 3 lac km of Toyota reliability!
Thank you for your lovely response. I'm already in search of a good car freshners Would appreciate some suggestions for the same

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Congratulations NODA for getting a stunning example. With Toyota reliability and Corolla being a globally proven platform, you have a winner in your hands. This will definitely last for another 15 years north of 4 lakhs KMS.
I like the the fabric sofa like seats and the butter smooth engine
Thank you @KkVaidya for your lovely appreciation. Indeed I have a winner in my hands.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th September 2021 at 05:25. Reason: Back to back posts merged
NODA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 21:48   #53
BHPian

Quote:
9th Gen Corolla - H1J was the base variant, E was the suffix for the H2 and H5 manual and G was the suffix for the H3 and H4 automatic.
There actually existed three more variants of 9th Gen Corolla in India. One was the limited edition H6 which came out in 2006 with some extra equipments like chrome alloy wheels and side skirts. Only 300 units of H6 were sold. In 2007, one more special edition called 'Limited' was launched. This was basically an H5 with extra side skirts, different grille and 6-spoke alloys. A cheaper variant called 'Executive' also was introduced in mid-2006 with less features, targeted at C-Segment sedan buyers.

Corolla H6 Limited Edition (2006)
Buying a 9-year old value-for-money sedan : My 2006 Toyota Corolla-screenshot_20210904213912.jpg

Corolla Executive (2006 - 2008)
Buying a 9-year old value-for-money sedan : My 2006 Toyota Corolla-screenshot_20210904213938.jpg

Corolla Limited (2007)
Buying a 9-year old value-for-money sedan : My 2006 Toyota Corolla-screenshot_20210513000115__01.jpg
Shreyfiesta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 23:07   #54
BHPian

Congratulations, @Noda! This is probably the best example of this generation of Corolla on this forum. It looks like you’ve taken delivery of a brand new car. The gunmetal alloys make the car look even better.

I am holding on to the same generation (and same shade) of Corolla simply because there is nothing remotely as comfortable and reliable as this and it has almost all features one would need even today while others like a better head unit, Bluetooth connectivity and parking sensor/cameras can be installed with little fuss.

To me, this generation and the Altis right after this (pre-facelift) look and feel the best.

Wish you lot of good memories with this beautiful car.
Concorde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 09:48   #55
BHPian

Congratulations on your "new" acquisition. I have always believed pre-owned cars offer very good value. Having owned a pre-owned Corolla myself, I can tell they are very reliable and require minimal maintenance.
One query though. Won't the RC expire after 15th year? How easy is it to renew in GA/elsewhere?
OffRoadFun is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 08:28   #56
BHPian

Congratulations! This is one of the best used vehicles that one should buy. Absolutely love it!
mohitchalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 09:21   #57
BHPian

Huge congratulations. I still have fond memories of long drives in this gen Corolla, it belonged to a friend of mine who had it for 10 years and 1.5lakh+ km. I can vouch for the reliability of this thing.
Old 9th September 2021, 09:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

This is awesome stuff.

I have a corolla and I have a photo or two of it on page 4. But mine is the 2006 H4 version with an automatic transmission. Gem of a car and I don't think I will ever sell it.

Just indestructible. I also have a fortuner, Superb and a VRS along with this but the corolla is my goto car for everything.

One recent upgrade which i did was, I went from 195/60 R15 to 195/65 R15.

The difference in ride is remarkable and without much speedo error.

Also, gives you 5 mm of more ground clearance than the already plenty 170mm or 175 mm stock.

Service it once a year and it will just keep going on and on.

Last edited by arjunrudra : 9th September 2021 at 09:37.
arjunrudra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 12:13   #59

Dear Fellow BHPians,

This being my first post, I am delighted at getting an opportunity to be a part of this elite forum. I take this opportunity to thank the creators, moderators and all the Members of this Group for having and maintaining such a wonderful car enthusiasts forum for such a long time. I must admit that I have enriched my knowledge of cars substantively over the years through this forum.

Since my early childhood, I have been very fond of automobiles and had a special affection for the Mahindra soft top jeeps. I was in absolute love with the design, engine sound and its road presence. My father worked for the Indian Railways and had a few such Mahindra vehicles at his office. He used to take me along with him an hour or so early to office and the drivers would allow me to sit in the cars. It would make my day. My love for cars started from an age of about 4 years, when I could almost recognize neighboring cars by its horns sound.

My fascination for cars was known to my parents and extended family. Every time my parents would go for the monthly grocery shopping, they would not bring me any sweets or chocolates or any other such items. The only thing that they would bring for me was a small toy car. I was happy with even a very small toy car. The size or value of the toy never mattered. And for the first two or three nights, I would sleep with the toy next to my pillow.

While growing up, I always was the most fascinated by any new type of cars that I could see. At that age, I could barely remember all types of models. However, I started recognizing a car by its Logo and started remembering them. As I was living near the Khidirpur dock area (Garden Reach Area) in Kolkata, every three four days while crossing the docks on my way and back from the school, I could catch a glance of a few imported vehicles that were in-transit and at the dock. These were visible from the outside if the main entry gate to the Dock was open.

As I grew older, my father bought our first car a Maruti 800 DX in the year 1999. I could not sleep for some nights properly in excitement. I would always look for reasons to ask him to take us for a drive. I could not wait to reach the age of 18, when I could drive the car. The year 2004 was particularly exciting for me as I learned driving that year. Could still remember the first day when I sat on the driving seat of the Driving school’s car and pressed the clutch to put on the 1st gear. I still remember it was a Tuesday and my turn to learn was starting around 11:00 am. The first day I drove was absolutely magical. The acceleration, changing of gears, and the feeling of a little speed after a few days of learning was a beautiful feeling. After a good 15 to 20 days of lessons, my father allowed me to practice on our Maruti 800 under his strict surveillance. I am really fortunate that my father patiently taught me bring finesse in my driving. Today, I proudly admit that I believe I am a good driver only due to his lessons.

In the year 2005, I went for my undergrad studies to the US and pursued a Degree in Mechanical Engineering. This happened due to my love for automobiles and I wished to learn more and be able to understand vehicles to the best. I feel extremely fortunate for getting the opportunity that my parents worked so hard to send me to the US for education. While I was in the US till 2014, I had the opportunity to drive a wide range of cars through car rentals, friends and leases. The car that I loved driving the most belonged to a friend and was a 2004 Cadillac SLS (Seville) Limited Edition with a 4.6L Northstar V8 engine.

I decided to move back to India in 2014 and be with my family. It was always the idea to be in the US for a few years and then move back home since I am the only child of my parents and I wanted to be with them as they grew old. Fortunately, I found a job and I started working for a firm in the railway business.

The 1999 Maruti 800 was still us and my father kept it in a wonderful condition through all these years. The car would run very less as my father would travel mostly in his office car. The car has run about 28000 plus a few kms till 2016. Every time I visited India, I drove that car as it would remind me of wonderful memories and was my first car.

As this car was a little old, I was a little scared to take this to work on a regular basis and was looking for a vehicle that is pre-owned and in the budget of under 3 Lakhs. I was fortunate enough to get a pre-owned 2007 Champagne Mica Metallic Toyota Corolla 1.8E in for an amount of 2.25 Lakhs. The car had a little over 33,000 kms on the ODO.

I would like to congratulate you @NODA on this wonderful acquisition and I wish you many more thousands of happy miles on it. I am really thrilled to know that 8 members of this forum have / had this car in the same shade.

I have to admit that this car as I have been driving it since December 2014 is absolutely phenomenal. The vehicle is due for its Certificate of Fitness in the next two months and I wish to keep this car with me. I get all services and spares from the authorized Toyota Service Center. The car currently has a little over 97,000 kms on the ODO. Here are a few photographs of my vehicle.

Buying a 9-year old value-for-money sedan : My 2006 Toyota Corolla-my-corolla.jpg

In addition to the Corolla, we brought home a 2019 Maruti Swift Vxi last year as a pre-owned vehicle with 8000 kms on it. This car is primarily driven by my Wife and is also a great ride. A photograph of the same is also included below. (I wasn’t sure if this could go in this thread. However, I thought this might be useful in the introduction Post.).

Buying a 9-year old value-for-money sedan : My 2006 Toyota Corolla-20210403_134032.jpg

With this, I would like to bring my First Post to an end. I once again thank this wonderful forum and the members for being so graceful, knowledgeable, informative and classy.

I look forward to many happy and safe miles in this forum with all of you wonderful BHPians!
AvishekNandi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 03:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b]
Mid-August 2020
The search was still going on until one day somewhere in mid-August there was this 2006 Corolla H2 1.8 E in Champagne Mica Metallic shade which was for sale and had just clocked 52,500 on the odo. It was a 1st owner vehicle and was in excellent genuine condition.
This is exactly the same car I was looking to buy. I had seen the ad for it online. I was on board the ship and had told the seller that I would be returning in a couple of weeks and would come to see it if it was still available. However after a few days he told me it was sold (now I know to whom). The only thing I was a bit suspicious of was that it was registered in Margao but the seller was somewhere in Goa Velha. My friend who works at Sharayu Toyota however told me that he know the car and it's a clean car and the odo reading is genuine.
Congratulations on the car.
pedrolourenco is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks