Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2021, 12:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Living with a decade-old used car - My 2006 Nissan X-Trail. EDIT: 1,42,500 km service update

Great post! Keep this car for as long as you can and only sell if the old diesels are back. This is the best generation of the X-Trail. It is powerful, efficient, rugged and has a fantastic 4WD system for a car in its class. There is no replacement available for such a vehicle. Happy driving to you!
mohitchalla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 17:56   #32
BHPian

Re: Living with a decade-old used car - My 2006 Nissan X-Trail. EDIT: 1,42,500 km service update

Quote:
Originally Posted by haneeshN View Post
This is the story of the purchase and ownership experience of my X-Trail T30. I'll start with a summary of likes and dislikes in a typical Team-BHP review fashion.

Attachment 2010086
Have i seen you and your car in HSR near the IOC petrol pump and tandoori chai, if yes, then hello from the silver grand vitara standing ahead of you.

Your mech's place looks very much like mine. Is he Nagraj by any chance ?

Last edited by adityasiera : 15th November 2021 at 18:07.
adityasiera is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 23:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitchalla View Post
Great post! Keep this car for as long as you can and only sell if the old diesels are back. This is the best generation of the X-Trail. It is powerful, efficient, rugged and has a fantastic 4WD system for a car in its class. There is no replacement available for such a vehicle. Happy driving to you!
Thanks, that is the plan for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Have i seen you and your car in HSR near the IOC petrol pump and tandoori chai, if yes, then hello from the silver grand vitara standing ahead of you.

Your mech's place looks very much like mine. Is he Nagraj by any chance ?
I don't think so as my car's been in my native (Erode, TN) since the first lockdown and I get the service done in a garage here. Would love to see your GV
haneeshN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 15:17   #34
BHPian

I had a t31 xtrail. The Gen 2 in india. In manual slx spec with the massive sunroof and electric seat controls.

It is a brilliant and extremely practical yet capable machine. The 2.0 dci in the t31 had more than decent punch, the all wheel drive system was great. The seats were better than any other car including my f25 x3 and 530i. The ride was good. The highway dynamics are amazing for a car in its class. Have sat at maximum velocity in 6th rock steady. The breaking was confident and very well controlled for a suv thing.

It had many small hidden features that you would find and it would make you happy to have them.

Hill decent and auto anti-rollback, the cooled cup holders on the dash, the emmensely practical boot, with the drawer system. I've used the car to shift houses more than once. And take my entire team and studio for location shoots many times.

As you can see I loved that car (and this was a 'replacement' for a mk1 vrs) but had to sell it due to the 10 year rule in Delhi. Drove it for around 50k kms in 4 years. The xtrail was bought used in 2016. Sold it last year. I replaced it with impractical sedans like the e60 and e90. Then missed a suv so got a used lc 120 prado. But that thing has the 1gr fe 4.0 v6 and guzzles petrol like no tomorrow. Finally kind of filled the void with my f25 x3 3.0d. It's similar in size but that's it. It's way better to drive and way way more powerful but no where as practical or comfortable.

Cheers
Thegermanbadger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 16:29   #35

Hi Haneesh, thanks for the post - specifically detailing the major works and the parts procured.

I've recently picked up a pre-owned T31 (160XXX kms run) and am looking to connect with fellow bhpians for some help with preventive / planned repairs and maintenance.

Would appreciate if we could connect for a conversation.

I don't have PM privilege yet, and hence the post here.

Would appreciate if you could drop me a line with your coordinates.

Thanks and Regards, Dhiraj
Old 18th October 2022, 01:03   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by haneeshN View Post
Thanks, that is the plan for now.

I don't think so as my car's been in my native (Erode, TN) since the first lockdown and I get the service done in a garage here. Would love to see your GV
Hi Haneesh,

Where did you source the suspension parts from and could you recommend a good garage in Bangalore to get the work done on a t-31 X-trail?
Old 19th October 2022, 15:20   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSam View Post
Hi Haneesh,

Where did you source the suspension parts from and could you recommend a good garage in Bangalore to get the work done on a t-31 X-trail?
I don't have any experience with garages in Bangalore. I couldn't message you here and sent you an email with my contact details.
Old 3rd November 2022, 19:20   #38
BHPian

Very nice review!!

I have a black T30 xtrail purchased in 2009, done 120K so far and going strong. A few queries for you:
- off late I am finding it difficult to source the consumable spares. Where do you procure them (gear oil filer, Strut for shocker)
- have you experienced the clutch being hard? any remedy that you may have

thanks in advance..
Old 19th November 2022, 19:27   #39

Hi very nice & detailed review of xtrail.
I also own xtrail t30 2006 2.2 dci same has yours red colour. I don't have the privilege to PM you. i would like to connect with you & other xtrail bhpians.
Thanks you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks