Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2023, 00:26   #61
BHPian

re: The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
My car is still using the stock clutch for past 1L km, thinking whether to replace it or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Thanks for the good words, normal practices to maintain the car have held me good till now. Normal cleaning and polishing practises by me apart, I have always serviced the car at the authorised service center. Keeping the mechanicals of the car in good shape is of utmost importance to me and perhaps that has helped me till date. I hope it remains that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillaft View Post
I have an 2014 Ecosport (Diesel) currently at 95,500 km. However, for the past 6-7 months, the fuel efficiency and power is not even close as it used to be and even after reporting it multiple times to the authorized service center, they are saying there is nothing wrong, although I know and can feel the loss of power as well as the loss in fuel efficiency. As far as I remember, the EGR Valve has never been cleaned (only PMS service and regular maintenance has been done at authorized service center only) and the service center are refusing to do so. .
On similar lines of Skillaft, my 2014 Diesel is also around the same ODO hitting close to 95K.

Last two months have been crazy including one AC nozzle replacement and AC Gas refill from an FNG; AND some suspicious jerks on throttle across varying speeds / rpms.

Few things I observed is even on linear acceleration after smooth gear shifts, there are a few jerks here and there (not always)

At some decent acceleration especially on 2 and 3 around 2000 to 3500 RPM the same jerk comes in and is subtle. (not always)

Once I have felt the jerk around 1500 RPM - I think thats where the turbo kicks in right (again not always)

I took the car to FASS, and they never felt anything wrong and had to bring it back with some patterns on this jerk.

My suspects are
  • Injector - FASS suggested that in any event this would result in a warning lamp
    Fuel Pump - not sure of how this is again FASS do not suspect anything like this.
    Engine Mount / Turbo? - Again an amateurs guess, given the jerks are inconsistent.

Any other thoughts from your end?
peterjim13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 20:17   #62
BHPian

re: The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update

Those fender flares look beautiful, how do I go about sourcing them? They're not currently listed in the official accessories brochure and I'm not looking for anything aftermarket. TIA
Old 22nd August 2023, 23:49   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillaft View Post

I have an 2014 Ecosport (Diesel) currently at 95,500 km. However, for the past 6-7 months, the fuel efficiency and power is not even close as it used to be and even after reporting it multiple times to the authorized service center, they are saying there is nothing wrong, although I know and can feel the loss of power as well as the loss in fuel efficiency. As far as I remember, the EGR Valve has never been cleaned (only PMS service and regular maintenance has been done at authorized service center only) and the service center are refusing to do so.

I want to get it done but am unsure how to proceed (DIY/FNG, Costs, Difficulty) and your two cents would be very valuable because I also want to treat my car, the way you are treating your Baahon.
Hi there, thanks for the good words and apologies for the delay in replying. Your symptoms certainly point towards a thorough cleaning of the EGR valve. The engine sluggishness is certainly a big indication anyways. The service centers never really open the valve and whatever they do in the name of valve cleaning is just a cleaning spray through the opening !!

The opening of EGR valve is a complex process and going by what I saw in Ecosport, it would need a very competent mechanic to do the whole job cleanly. Certainly not DIY for sure, not for me by a long stretch. It's a time taking procedure. Costs depend upon the workman and in my case, the labour cost came to around 4k including the cost of the coolant. You should find a competent workman and get the valve cleaned. Believe you me, the engine would breath again and will certainly feel fresh. Wishing you further happy miles,

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppor View Post
Hello Abhi, and we crossed paths at Bohor tourism property, Behrampore. We should have taken a pic, anyway nice to have met you in person.
Hi toppor, it was indeed great to meet you at Behrampur. It's a tragedy that we couldn't spend more time. In fact, senior BHPian Sudipto-S-Team was also there in the same property. We missed a small meet up but may be some other time, for sure. Drive well,

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post

Few things I observed is even on linear acceleration after smooth gear shifts, there are a few jerks here and there (not always)

At some decent acceleration especially on 2 and 3 around 2000 to 3500 RPM the same jerk comes in and is subtle. (not always)

Once I have felt the jerk around 1500 RPM - I think thats where the turbo kicks in right (again not always)

I took the car to FASS, and they never felt anything wrong and had to bring it back with some patterns on this jerk.

My suspects are

Injector - FASS suggested that in any event this would result in a warning lamp
Fuel Pump - not sure of how this is again FASS do not suspect anything like this.
Engine Mount / Turbo? - Again an amateurs guess, given the jerks are inconsistent.
Hi Peter, again, going by the symptoms and the odometer reading, there might be a case of EGR cleaning. Sluggishness of the engine can also result in slight jerks if not in the correct gear and power band. Injector issues will result in a warning lamp and is correctly mentioned by the ASS. Fuel pump might or might not be a problem. Don't see the engine mount being of problem here otherwise perhaps one could hear whirring noise along with the jerks. What's your usage like in terms of city and highway runs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Those fender flares look beautiful, how do I go about sourcing them? They're not currently listed in the official accessories brochure and I'm not looking for anything aftermarket. TIA
Hi Taha, the wheel arches were purchased from the dealer only. I suggest you to enquire about the same from your ASS only. They can arrange one for you since I have seen people buying it from the ASS even after the sales stopped from the dealers. Hope that helps,

Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 00:33   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

1,60,000 kms update :

Baahon completed the above landmark few days back. The service for the same was done at the Ganges Ford service center here in Calcutta and it was wonderful as usual. The best part was the service cost which came to below 4K and which included the change of oil filter, AC filter, engine oil. The Ford Happy Pocket Service is indeed a very commendable effort from a company which has stopped selling vehicles in the country few years back.

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_1516.jpeg

The nozzle of the washer was also changed since the throw of the spray was less than normal. Apart from this, the usual tantrum of the boot release lever was also fixed.

The battery is also doing fine as of now and the battery report says the same. The clutch and the brake disks are doing on well too and don’t need any immediate intervention. All in all, this service turned out to be the most routine.

Baahon is running on just like new after the EGR cleaning. The mileage has improved greatly and the most heartening part- it’s munching miles just like the way it has been meant to. The sluggishness is all gone and during a recent highway run, it picked up speeds all too well

Sharing some pictures from a recent highway run and for the season which heralds the arrival of the season, here in Bengal.

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_1176.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_1178.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_1186.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_1291.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_1288.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_0940.jpeg

And a post with Baahon should have some food pictures as well

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_1104.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_1224.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_1227.jpeg

Few pictures from the Dimna lake near Jamshedpur. The other Ecosport in this post belongs to a good friend named Nayanjyoti from Guwahati and who is a traveller in every sense. His Ecosport is also tuned and produces a whopping 140PS power after the remap. He and few BHPians from Assam were part of the recent drive to Dalma range near Jamshedpur, more on that will be mentioned in the meet section soon.

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_1238.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_1247.jpeg

And this last picture was very graciously clicked by BHPian ChiranjitP, can’t thank him enough.

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-881ec48c8d95455684795fb883f30833.jpeg

So, this post concludes the report about the milestone as of now and I hope to keep adding to the miles as Baahon steps into its ninth year.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 18:14   #65
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations and wish you many more happy miles.

My vehicle has done 99k and will cross 1L soon. The TDCi engine delivers top class performance with decent mileage (15+ and 17+ inside City and Highway). With higher ground clearance, this is a straightforward vehicle except for the stiff ride. Wanting to replace new shocks soon. The periodic maintenance bills are very reasonable.
RGK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 23:27   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

ODO READING- 1,67,000

No new update regarding the vehicle as the car is doing what it does best- munching miles without any fuss. After the EGR cleaning, the engine is returning its best mileage figures again, specially in the city runs. I have ordered some accessories just to refurbish the looks of the car from inside. Will post the pictures after the 1.70k kms service update. Meanwhile, a tour to Puri happened during the Christmas weekend and by some co-incidence, it became a tour with friends.

There is nothing new to write about Puri but this is the first time I encountered such massive crowds specially during the day time because of the auspicious occasion of BYANJANA DWADASHI- a day where the lord and his siblings are offered huge number of dishes as bhog. The festival is around 500 year old tradition and which symbolises community feeling, food security and balanced diet. This lovely anecdote was shared by a guy while we stopped for some chai at the famous Swargadwar area.

We spent two nights at Puri and toured the usual areas since one of the couple amongst us were visiting Puri after almost 25 years !! So Konark, Chandrabhaga, Puri temple were ticked off religiously and while driving back to Calcutta, we took a little detour to visit the Buddhist Archeological site Lalitgiri as well. Discovered some amazing food and places, kept it for our next visit.

Sharing some pictures from the trip:

Roads were great after Bhadrak
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2570.jpeg

Tasted this most amazing savoury near a place called Chatia- this is called Khakra pitha locally. Such a brilliant dish
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2581.jpeg

Puri seaside is always wonderful
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2590.jpeg

Had an awesome Odia lunch the next day at our favourite joint- Wildgrass
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2615.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2626.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2636.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2638.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2642.jpeg

The evening was spent at Konark and Chandrabhaga beach
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2659.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2679.jpeg

Konark temple looks beautiful now with the removal of scaffoldings
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2671.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2704.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2746.jpeg

The return through the brilliant marine drive road from Konark to Puri
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2753.jpeg

The area around the Puri temple is going through a huge transformation and is a lot cleaner now but the original charm is lost forever !!
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2774.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2785.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2797.jpeg

Another day and another odia thali at Dalma where someone had his fill with the famed Pakhala thali
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2811.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2954.jpeg

Our stay at Puri was at our usual place- BNR Puri which has been my favourite since long. This old heritage hotel reminds me of the era gone by where the food is just brilliant.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2816.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2842.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2846.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2857.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2866.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2879.jpeg

Pictures from Lalitgiri which has Buddhist ruins and is now protected by the ASI. Ratnagiri and udayagiri complete the tri circuit and both of them have been kept for the next time.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2908.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2911.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2919.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2929.jpeg

The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_2944.jpeg

So, this concludes the post where Baahon returned with some more memories and is gearing up for the next service update and the next weekender
ABHI_1512 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 15:45   #67
BHPian

Quote:
ODO READING- 1,67,000
We spent two nights at Puri and toured the usual areas since one of the couple amongst us were visiting Puri after almost 25 years !! So Konark, Chandrabhaga, Puri temple were ticked off religiously and while driving back to Calcutta, we took a little detour to visit the Buddhist Archeological site Lalitgiri as well. Discovered some amazing food and places, kept it for our next visit.
How come a bong couple not visit Puri for 25 yrs Good to know that your car is performing flawlessly as it inches towards the 2L mark. Meanwhile mine completed 111111.

Quote:
1,60,000 kms update :
And this last picture was very graciously clicked by BHPian ChiranjitP, can’t thank him enough.

Attachment 2508676
Just noticed your headlights have the DRL insert. Did it come as OEM or you did the OEM replacement or aftermarket modification ? Can you link me to the post on this mod if you made it earlier ?
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 18:41   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Just noticed your headlights have the DRL insert. Did it come as OEM or you did the OEM replacement or aftermarket modification ? Can you link me to the post on this mod if you made it earlier ?
Hi Sam, the headlight assembly that came with the car is same as yours. I exchanged the headlight assembly just after purchasing the car. The headlight assembly was offered as an accessory by Ford at that time and I exchanged them on the delivery day itself. The subsequent facelifted models came with the strip of light inserts as standard. These are not exactly DRL's but connected with the headlights only. I suppose you can find this assembly in the ASS only or you can even search online. Hope that helps,

Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 22:11   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

1,70,000 Service Update

Baahon had its periodic servicing done at Ganges Ford Calcutta, as has been the norm till now. Apart from the usual service requirements , brake pads and brake discs were changed as well. So the changes like air filter, AC filter, engine oil filter and engine oil were done as usual. Nothing else was required and the Vehicle report card also mentioned the same. The whole service along with parts and labour costed me ₹9200. Every time I give the car for servicing and every time I wonder why Ford stopped selling in India. Their service costs are still lowest amongst all the manufacturers across the product range of Ecosport.

And soon after the servicing, a quick weekender at Kalimpong happened with some friends and fellow BHPians and their families. The place where we stayed was booked by BHPian Cr4nkshaft and it indeed was an outstanding place. An old British bungalow restored and renovated during Covid and which now hosts guests from all over. The owners are generous with their hospitality and it was a fabulous experience. The place is named Niharika and is indeed a charming place. The road leading upto the place is narrow and little steep and hence asking around helps once GoogleMaps gives up on you. Adding some pictures from the trip here:

Baahon somewhere near Islampur Bypass
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3415.jpeg

BHPian DJR’s S Cross near Gorubathan
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3432.jpeg

BHPian Cr4nkshaft gunning his Brezza
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3437.jpeg

First view of Niharika
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3512.jpeg

One of the bedrooms, huge.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3443.jpeg

The cars parked in the courtyard
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3466.jpeg

The reading room on first floor
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-fc4c95c5a1f640e595c98e3e702ba9ae.jpeg

The sitting room on first fooor
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-7630f6d6c92849cdb19099331e20b9b8.jpeg

An evening walk nearby to see Gauripur House- the place where the great Rabindranath Tagore stayed once and which is currently being restored.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3476.jpeg

Both our evenings were spent at Kalimpong Café, a place just a walk down the road from Niharika
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3485.jpeg

A perfect quaint cafe in the hills is simply love.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3486.jpeg

The coffee and that brilliant Cheese biscoff slice were a match made in heaven
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3569.jpeg

And the food kept on enticing us..
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3573.jpeg

..even further
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-26c8442fa7ac46819cfa7bfc561999f7.jpeg

Such was the Cheesecake slice that we ended up buying a whole Cheesecake for one of our birthday boy !!
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-9778a2d58fe34cea891f59754bb18778.jpeg

Niharika looked splendid in the evening.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3489.jpeg

The entire place was full of small little things like this miniature Kawasaki.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3495.jpeg

The fireplace was duly lighted inside the living/sitting room on first floor.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3493.jpeg

..and the good food followed while the talks went on late into the night, even after the tasteful dinner.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3502.jpeg

The morning view from the Barbecue corner
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3556.jpeg

Hilltop Tourism Property, just a stone’s throw away from Niharika.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3516.jpeg

Himalayan Institute of Goodwill and Living Ethics, another old little bungalow nearby.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3525.jpeg

The narrow lane leading up to Niharika
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3529.jpeg

The morning breakfast spread included the famous Kalimpong cheese along with some delightful coffee and locally sourced sausages.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3543.jpeg

The morning breakfast brought us on the table and we all had a gala time
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3549.jpeg

A defence banquet hall nearby Niharika, which was lighted up for some programme.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3575.jpeg

The evening barbecue that was arranged at the property itself.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3582.jpeg

The fireplace and the usual adda around it, recipe for a perfect evening, BHPian mi2N can be seen in the picture.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3591.jpeg

The fire went on till midnight and warmed us all.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3602.jpeg

The last picture of the three cars lined up before the departure back home.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-7d89f53222904a0ea559df7d45b8a356.jpeg

Baahon is doing great as of now with zero niggles and brings a smile every time I take it on the highways. A complete no nonsense vehicle which is a delight to drive, even after being close to nine years of ownership. Current odometer reading is 1,72, 500 and counting. So, this completes the report as of now, will update soon as and when any new development takes place, or should I say new drive takes place
ABHI_1512 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 22:44   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1,70,000 Service Update
Baahon somewhere near Islampur Bypass
Attachment 2584981
Baahon is doing great as of now with zero niggles and brings a smile every time I take it on the highways
And it will continue to do so. They don't make cars like these any more because in those days, the monster of cost cutting hadn't reared it's ugly head.

Incidentally, just a little while ago i successfully dissuaded my cousin brother from selling his 2013 EcoSport EcoBoost and now I am showing him your update to buttress my recommendation.
Cars like Baahon, the old Mitsubishi Lancer, first gen Toyota Corolla, old Baleno sedan are innately good vehicles, robustly engineered to withstand the test of time.
Maybe next year you can think of adding the Endeavour to your garage to give Baahon company!

Take care & drive safe,
Best,
arjab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 04:19   #71

Looks absolutely delightful. I may go to sleep dreaming about the cheesecake. I'm sure that 1.5 TDCi motor will give you plenty more happy (and torquey) miles.
rb003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 08:49   #72
Senior - BHPian

Awesome milestones. I love putting mileage on cars and most of the ones I have owner have been sold after a lakh at least. Especially if it's never given up on you and is reliable. By this time the car turns into something kind of living. You become very perceptive to it's "emotions" and understand when there is every the slightest sound out of place, a hint of hesitation while starting and so on. After a long drive you start to give it a pat and mumble "well done" under your breath lest anyone thinks you are losing it. You glance over to it in the parking lot and grin as though it is your best long suffering friend especially if it's among some newer young upstarts. I am rambling and will stop...

Congrats and wish you many more happy miles. Did the Ecosport need any major replacement like timing belt, water pump etc in the runup to this mileage?

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 22:54   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
And it will continue to do so. They don't make cars like these any more because in those days, the monster of cost cutting hadn't reared it's ugly head.

Cars like Baahon, the old Mitsubishi Lancer, first gen Toyota Corolla, old Baleno sedan are innately good vehicles, robustly engineered to withstand the test of time.
Maybe next year you can think of adding the Endeavour to your garage to give Baahon company!
Rightly said arjab, as the days are passing by and newer vehicles getting launched, I now know how Ecosport fares against them, more than ever. It's indeed a very robustly built car. As for your cousin, he has a gem of an engine to hold on to. The Ecoboost engine was a hoot when it was launched and only those who drive it, know how it feels.
As for the Endeavour, let's see what Ford has in store for us. I would hope, just as well.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb003 View Post
Looks absolutely delightful. I may go to sleep dreaming about the cheesecake. I'm sure that 1.5 TDCi motor will give you plenty more happy (and torquey) miles.
Thanks much rb003, that cheesecake was insanely delicious indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
By this time the car turns into something kind of living. You become very perceptive to it's "emotions" and understand when there is every the slightest sound out of place, a hint of hesitation while starting and so on. After a long drive you start to give it a pat and mumble "well done" under your breath lest anyone thinks you are losing it. You glance over to it in the parking lot and grin as though it is your best long suffering friend especially if it's among some newer young upstarts.

Congrats and wish you many more happy miles. Did the Ecosport need any major replacement like timing belt, water pump etc in the runup to this mileage?
Thanks Shibu, each word you said about the connection that one develops with the car is so relatable. Your rambling just got my vote of thanks, for wonderfully describing your thoughts which rasonates with mine as well.

As for your questions, the timing belt was replaced as per the manual at 1.20L kms. The water pump has not been touched yet. The servicing done at ASS on regular intervals and the usual replacement of parts, the car has demanded only that much. I hope it stays like that going forward, for I am in no mood to let go of this vehicle.

Regards
Abhi.

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 22nd March 2024 at 23:05.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 00:50   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

1,74,500kms update:

Baahon had its battery changed during the recent Ford Service Camp. I also proactively changed the coolant since the Ford recommended coolant was replaced during the EGR cleaning. The total cost came to ₹ 6008 since I got a cool ₹1000 buyback value on the battery and 15% discount on the 5 litre can of coolant. The usual sound from the heavy rear
door was also fixed up little greasing of the door lock. It’s a pet peeve that demands attention every now and then as I am sure the rest of the Ecosport owner’s will also agree. Rest of the car is just as fine without needing anything as of now.

So, after this little work completed, a small weekend trip to Matha Forest near Ayodhya Hills here in the state of West Bengal happened. Matha Forest or Mathaburu hills is a small hamlet which is around 300 kms from Calcutta. The place is coming up bigtime on the tourist map of West Bengal because of its proximity to Ayodhya hills and nearby dams and the famous place named Chorida or Mukhoshgram as it is known locally for the famous Chhau Masks. For the people outside, Chhau is a semi classical dance form which incorporates folk and martial arts. It is spectacular to look at while it is performed live.

Matha can be reached through one of the most picturesque roads through Ghatsila (Jharkhand) and on towards Duarshini Forest and Bandowan which ultimately reaches Matha Forest.

We had our stay at Palashgram Eco Resort which is newly opened and provided good amenities. Food was just as great but the highlight was the location of the property. The resort has a main building consisting of six rooms, one of which where we stayed and little cottages on the edge of the Mathaburu hill. Presenting some pictures in and around Matha.

From Ghatsila onwards, the roads get scenic.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3945.jpeg

Narrow river bridges will remind of bygone era.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3926.jpeg

Start of the Palash views.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3957.jpeg

The little cottages of Palashgram Eco Resort.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3968.jpeg

Evening meadows at Khairabera Dam.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3975.jpeg

Inverted image
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3980.jpeg

Chhau dance performance at the resort, it was one mesmerising dance form for sure.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_3988.jpeg

The finale pose of the Chhau Dance performers.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4004.jpeg

Night view of the property, main building on the right of the picture.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4013.jpeg

Next day, Sunrise seen from the room with the Mathaburu hills in front.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4022.jpeg

Thought of a morning trek to the Mathburu hilltop and the start looked like this.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4023.jpeg

Concrete steps at the base of the trek..
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4067.jpeg

And which soon vanishes and the trek now looks like this.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4044.jpeg

Since, I was not really wearing proper gear, I went on till I was comfortable anyways. This was just 80 metres from the top. The views were great despite the haze.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4055.jpeg

Back in the resort for a great cuppa of strong coffee.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4070.jpeg

Next round of sight seeing would result in this view of Lower Dam of Muruguma.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4082.jpeg

The entire valley turns into a riot of colours during the Palash season.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4109.jpeg
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4120.jpeg

Muruguma upper dam waterbody as seen from the viewpoint.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4155.jpeg

The road to Muruguma is narrow but very beautiful although due care should be taken while driving.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4164.jpeg

Palash and the Ecosport in a grand pose.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4172.jpeg

One stop at Chorida for some masks. Here is one seller and artist showing off his creation which glows in the night.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-fullsizerender.jpeg

Evening hunger pangs were satiated with some great appetizers at the resort.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4194.jpeg

Next day morning while leaving for Calcutta, a visit to the nearby Pakhi Pahar.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4215.jpeg

But due to the prevailing heat wave like conditions, we skipped it but did get a glimpse of the pahar. The local people here take the tourists around and show their creations.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4204.jpeg

Our return from the same picturesque route.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4219.jpeg

While some road adjustments did look pretty, just for the Palash.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4223.jpeg

This picture was clicked just at the border of Jharkhand and West Bengal.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4237.jpeg

Wonderful lunch of some lip smacking mutton with Naans at Billu Da Dhaba near Ghatsila, right on the six lane highway.
The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update-img_4245.jpeg

Due to the election season, we were stopped twice on the border for some entry formalities, both onwards and for our return journey. The CRPF men did their usual checks and were very cordial. Not an hassle at all considering they were just following the ELection Commission standard protocol.

So, one lovely weekend spent at a place which is an area that is full of Palash blooms during the season. It was my first time here and it was beautiful. I wish to see the place during the rains as well, I think the place would look really wonderful during the monsoons. So, Baahon is now yearning for a long adventure, let’s see when that materializes

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 14th April 2024 at 01:05.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 20:28   #75
BHPian

Re: The story of Baahon, my Ford EcoSport 1.5 TDCi | EDIT: 1,74,500 km service update

Quote:
1,74,500kms update:
So, Baahon is now yearning for a long adventure, let’s see when that materializes
Baahon is galloping towards the 200k milestone and I will not be surprised if she reaches there before the end of the year. It is really wonderful how well you maintain her. The trip to Purulia looks awesome too, especially with the palash blooms and I just remembered that we did our Dalma trip at about this time last year. Let's plan another trip asap and contribute to mission Baahon 200k!
Neversaygbye is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks