Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2023, 08:27   #46
BHPian

Re: 3-years with a pre-owned Honda City Diesel

Ours is the same car (MY 2016) in the same trim but white in color. Our car has done 120,xxx kms and the engine has been dead reliable and I agree with your parents comment, it is pretty comfortable and the mileage is great! I am curious though, why did you got it repainted?
Sangwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 15:19   #47
BHPian

Pretty same situation here too. Ours is 2014 V MT in Wine color. We just bought a Kushaq 1.5 DSG. Kushaq is needed because dad can't drive manual anymore, so the City has unofficially become my car to drive around in!
StigsIndianCuz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 08:15   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangwan View Post
Ours is the same car (MY 2016) in the same trim but white in color. Our car has done 120,xxx kms and the engine has been dead reliable and I agree with your parents comment, it is pretty comfortable and the mileage is great! I am curious though, why did you got it repainted?
Good to know that you too own a City iDTEC and the engine is reliable despite doing 120k Kms on the odo. Why I got the whole car repainted because the car was filled with a huge dent on RHS quarter panel (thanks to TSRTC bus), minor dent on running board and suddenly, the car was starting to look old. Hence, we got the whole car repainted including removal of dents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigsIndianCuz View Post
Pretty same situation here too. Ours is 2014 V MT in Wine color. We just bought a Kushaq 1.5 DSG. Kushaq is needed because dad can't drive manual anymore, so the City has unofficially become my car to drive around in!
Firstly, congratulations to your dad on getting the Kushaq 1.5 DSG. While the Kushaq might excel in terms of driving pleasure and performance, but still lacks in terms of comfort and space when compared to City.

BTW, is your City Diesel or Petrol?

And, on the other hand, we picked up another preowned City iDTEC albeit 2017 ZX for my cousin recently replacing his 2015 Celerio AMT and this very City has run 72k Kms on the odo when we picked it up.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 27th January 2023 at 08:38.
Old 27th January 2023, 10:38   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Firstly, congratulations to your dad on getting the Kushaq 1.5 DSG. While the Kushaq might excel in terms of driving pleasure and performance, but still lacks in terms of comfort and space when compared to City.

BTW, is your City Diesel or Petrol?
Ours is a Petrol MT. Hardly run, only 45k km in 8 years.
Surprisingly, my whole family prefers the Kushaq in terms of comfort than the city. Sure, the seats might be plushier in the city, but the stable and compliant suspension of the Kushaq feels better than the somewhat bouncy(especially in the rear) suspension setup in the city.
I think the difference in our opinions comes from the fact that the Kushaq has noticeable plusher suspension than the Taigun
StigsIndianCuz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 23:45   #50
BHPian

Nothing like a reliable diesel engine if you want to clock hundreds of thousands of miles. I wonder how the batteries on contemporary EVs like Nexon and Tiago will over similar miles and potential replacement costs. This generation of City is the best looking.
ExplorerXIII is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 21:33   #51
BHPian

Got the car serviced at 156k Kms today at my usual Honda ASC and costed me close to ₹14k and the regular service itself costed me around ₹7k while engine mounts costed me around ₹6.6k.

And, also got the engine mounts changed as they were showing signs of age.

On the other hand, the car has run 11000 Kms since last service in Dec 22 and 6000 Kms since last update as this is the only car at home for now till we get a new car to complement along with City (sold off the Taigun recently).

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 17th March 2023 at 21:40.
Old 19th March 2023, 08:33   #52
BHPian

Got the tyres changed to MRF Perfinza 195/60R15 yesterday and did around 160 Kms post upgrade.

Had to replace the present set of tyres (Yokohama Earth-1, bought in Nov 2020 during covid), as it has run nearly 60k Kms (58k Kms to be precise).

Felt these tyres are silent and also, at the same time, got impressed with the grip it offers and drove the car on 100 Kmph, didn't feel any noise filtering into the cabin. Hope these will last for around 60k Kms just like Yokohama Earth-1 did.
Old 14th April 2023, 12:04   #53
BHPian

Completed 159k Kms on the odo and got the battery replaced after 3 years of usage a week ago as it became weak.

After driving this car, I feel like replacing this (not that I hate this car but the upgrade bug has hit me a lot) and the potential replacement for this car IMO would be a used Jetta TDI AT or Octavia/Superb TDI AT while if new, will look at new Verna DCT or Sonet D AT or Virtus/Slavia AT.

But will have to wait for atleast few months or an year to replace this car since we have different plans now (need to get a second car to complement along with City as City is the only car at home for now).
Attached Thumbnails
3-years with a pre-owned Honda City Diesel-a1e630abc4cf4bd7932522728b2b6691.jpeg  

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 14th April 2023 at 12:15.
Old 2nd June 2023, 10:31   #54
BHPian

After the last update, the car has run 6000+ Kms and the present odo is 165k Kms. The car has been munching miles like nobody's business and used more as a beater.

In the last week of April, I thought of getting this car evaluated to get an idea of how much it'll go for if I sell it off and suddenly one day, I had went to Hyundai showroom with the intention of buying new Verna DCT or Venue DCT, and to my shock, the dealer had offered me ₹3L (I expected atleast ₹4-4.5L) on City stating that Honda Diesel isn't that successful and moreover, the car has run 161k Kms (odo reading at the time of getting evaluated) and we are the second owner for this car.

Post this, decided to hold on with this for sometime and think about it. But, somehow, I feel like selling off this since this car is driven by my 53 y/o mom, who drove only MT cars till date, apart from myself and she has been suffering from leg issues hence decided to get an AT this time so that she can drive herself to her workplace, which is 20 Kms to and fro.

But, my folks aren't keen on letting go of this car as they love this car due to the mileage it offers as well as the rear seat comfort and space. As I said in above post, the perfect upgrade for this car would be a used Jetta TDI or Octavia TDI in AT guise or if new, Verna DCT or Sonet D AT but lacks rear seat comfort and space when compared to our good ol City or maybe a Thar (my dad's choice as he wanted to fulfill his dream by getting a Jeep).

Will be completing 6 years with this one in July and till date, we clocked 130k Kms with this one (bought it when the odo was at 35k Kms).
Old 15th July 2023, 19:02   #55
BHPian

Completed 170k Kms on the odo yesterday and did a round trip of 1000 Kms to Coastal Andhra this week. Also, got the car serviced at 169k Kms on the odo a couple of days before this trip.

This service costed me ₹15k and got the filters changed this time.

Also, I'd be completing 6 years of ownership with this car on 25th of this month and did 135k Kms since purchase.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 10:51   #56
BHPian

Update:

With me moving to US for higher studies, City has seen a significant decline in usage, clocking just 1000 Kms and the odo when I saw before leaving was around 173k Kms and a week ago, I insisted my chauffeur to show the present odo and the odo as of last week was 174k Kms and arrival of our new steed is also one of the reasons why City has seen decline in usage.

Moreover, the car had a highway run to Warangal few days ago due to personal reason.

Since the day I moved to US, the car has been driven by my folks and, this, being a Diesel, I've been insisting my folks to sell this off and get a Petrol AT within the budget of ₹20L or below as the replacement as I don't see much of usage anytime soon and moreover, this car is confined to city usage.

And, this is the car, which we have retained for more than 5 years, i.e, 6 years. We never thought we'd be retaining this car for more than 5 years as we usually sell off our cars within 5 years or less.
Old 25th November 2023, 05:22   #57
BHPian

Update:

My folks got the 170k Kms service done on our City iDTEC yesterday. My mom, who is using the car in my absence, told me that the car was suffering from few issues like overheating, which happened due to busted fan motors (ordered the part and will receive it in a week as per my SA), clutch became hard as the present set of clutch has run 1,05,000 Kms, which is decent I feel (got the clutch replaced in 2019 when the car's odo was at 72k Kms).

The odo of the car as of today is 1,77,700 Kms.

Since the day I moved to US in August, the car has run 4000 Kms till date and is mostly used in city traffic these days except for few instances, where the car had a couple of highway runs.
Old 25th November 2023, 08:08   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Got the tyres changed to MRF Perfinza 195/60R15 yesterday and did around 160 Kms post upgrade.
From where did you get these and for what cost?
I also live in Hyd and looking for a replacement.
Old 25th November 2023, 09:04   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
From where did you get these and for what cost?
I also live in Hyd and looking for a replacement.
I got it from a local MRF store at LB Nagar for Rs.24500 including WA and WB.

These tyres have run more than 20k Kms till date.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 17:18   #60
BHPian

Update:

Got the busted fan motors replaced a few weeks ago along with the replacement of the rear RHS power window motor as it went kaput long ago and when I asked my folks about the health of the car, the car is doing fine post that. Apart from that, there is nothing much to report about this car.

And, the car has completed 1,78,000 Kms on the odo recently.

Might let go of this car this year during my visit to India this summer if my folks give a green signal (hope they will oblige reluctantly this time as they love this car due to the FE it offers and being city friendly) as I might be seeing unforeseen expenses in the future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks