Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 14th January 2021, 20:18   #31
BHPian

Default Re: 2013 Volkswagen Vento TDI Highline - 1,62,000 km & counting

Around February of 2020, there was a slight increase in road noise of the car which was not noticeable easily. After 2020 rains, there was a loud humming noise from the front RHS of the car between 60-80 kph & used to reduce post 100 kph.

I had a similar issue in one of my other cars but that was due to the age of tyres on that car which had made them really hard. Vento's tyres were changed a year ago so it was not really possible for the tyres to make that noise.

On inspection at a tyre shop in city of Nasik, it was discovered that rear LHS wheel bearing had gone bad. Car was jacked up & all wheels were manually rotated to check for vibrations. The rear LHS fender was having horrific vibration which was getting resonated in the cabin throughout.

Going to the official service centre would've consumed my entire day so a trusted mechanic got the original part & he replaced the old part with a new one.

The hub including the bearing costed 2600/- & fitting was 600/-

Total amount was 3200/-

Now, the car is again very silent & the noise isn't there anymore. Other 3 bearings are doing fine as of now.

Attaching the pic of old wheel hub. All rusty & worn out bearing.

2013 Volkswagen Vento TDI Highline - 1,62,000 km & counting-img_20210112_162233__01.jpg
300 KMPH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 10:00   #32
BHPian

Hi 300 KMPH,

The bearings have given a great life. These many kilometers show that you have really babied the car.

One piece of advice I would say that please stock up the rest of the bearings, as they would be giving up soon.

During the lockdown, my rear 2 bearings had given up at around 138000 kms. Had to keep it like that all the while. Changed the front 2 as well just for safety purpose as I was heading for a 3000 km drive. And on opening I found out that, the front 2 were also about to give up any moment.

The price of boodmo is quite reasonable. 2100/- for the rear and 1600 for the front.

Good luck and many more happy and safe riding Kilometers.
Old 8th April 2021, 13:26   #33
BHPian

8 years complete!

My Vento turned 8 years old this 28th March, 2021. Luckily, it was a Sunday morning so I could spare some time to be spent with the car.

Fired up the engine & went on an early morning spin. I thought of clicking a photograph at the dealership to revive the memories. As it was an early morning, there were no cars parked at the delivery space so I had the opportunity to recreate the old photograph.

So with the permission of the guard, I parked the car at the same angle and with my all possible photography skills, clicked the car at the very same angle.

Now, there might be various other members here with much more heroic stories with larger odometer readings.

But, we never expected that our car will ever cross 50-60k kms. In fact, just had a long run of 400 kms yesterday. This lockdown would have not happened, I guess it would have seen much larger numbers.

Its still so easy on the pocket. The driver door does squeak a bit. But I prefer to keep it untouched then giving rise to new issues by trying to fix something unnecessarily.

2013 Volkswagen Vento TDI Highline - 1,62,000 km & counting-vento-before-after.jpg

Fun Fact: The air-conditioner units in the background appear to be changed but my car's AC is still untouched
300 KMPH is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 22:03   #34
BHPian

It's an amazing thing to keep finding out new hidden features in this car even after owning it for 8 years. In fact, I guess some of the features may not be mentioned in the owner's manual as well.

At this point, I thought of compiling all such features and making a video on it which I finally did. I hope I've not missed anything this time or might as well find new ones in the coming years

Most Viewed