Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2007, 22:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Damn you Goddy, dont make me start thinking of a move - I have just about run her in.
Hehehehe.. wait till steer sees this post.
Anyway.. dont sell the Sumo..pick up the dicor also.. I am hearing and reading things about a new power box that has been released fot the Safari Dicor..
Claims to give 30 more Bhp.. That gets the count to a sweet 145 Bhp.
If things go good..and i get good reviews..you might see a more powerful monster truck smashing its way through the pesky traffic.

Godfather
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:01   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Anyway.. dont sell the Sumo.. .. I am hearing and reading things about a new power box that has been released fot the Safari Dicor.. Claims to give 30 more Bhp..
I'd be happy with half that for the Sumo.

Wishes, wishes ...
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:05   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Condor,

I'd suggest wait for the Pete's dabba
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Condor,

I'd suggest wait for the Pete's dabba
Pete's dabba will never come because he picks up his stuff from PSI. They dont have Indian Cars to test their boxes on so Pete dear will not be able to sell us dabbas for our dabbas. See here: PSI Powerbox - Find your Diesel Vehicle and try to find Tata or Mahindra.

Last edited by Steeroid : 22nd May 2007 at 23:13.
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:13   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Pete's dabba will never come because he picks up his stuff from PSI. They dont have Indian Cars to test their boxes on so Pete dear will not be able to sell us dabbas for our dabbas.

Ok that demystifies the whole situation then. Condor and Godfather - boohoo
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Ok that demystifies the whole situation then. Condor and Godfather - boohoo

U have no idea what plans are in progress do you..
Muhuhuhahahahahahaha

Godfather
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
U have no idea what plans are in progress do you..
Muhuhuhahahahahahaha

Godfather
I guess the madman is making connectors for the Terracan box. I heard this like 2 years back - still no come.
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I guess the madman is making connectors for the Terracan box. I heard this like 2 years back - still no come.

This is news to me.. How come he does not tell me all this.

Godfather
Old 23rd May 2007, 07:21   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
How come he does not tell me all this.
Did he give up ?

Last I checked the web-site, the only vehicles listed were Hyundai's and stuff.
Old 7th June 2007, 07:23   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: The TVS Lucas FIP's timing issues appear to have been resolved.

I had been going to Prerana @ Adugodi for my servicing, and in-between, mostly for FIP timing issues. I have about 7 service visits on record where they have checked the timing and then just reset it. Never ever tried to do anything beyond that. Finally moved to Concorde, who had the FIP re-calibrated and two checks later, looks like the FIP is holding its timing.

Another thing Prerana had done was to set my idling speed to about 75% of recommended values. The truck was giving me a decent mileage with this setting, and with this mileage I didnt suspect any problems. While the over-all FE has not increased, higher idling speed along with a re-calibrated FIP atleast means the engine is not under strain because of the wrong idling speed, and is yet behaving like it should
Old 7th June 2007, 09:54   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on finally laying a long-pending niggle to rest. With this new peace-of-mind you've got, I wish you all the best in enjoying your Sumo while running over sub 1.5 ton vehicles.
Old 8th June 2007, 08:52   #42
BHPian

Congrats Condor. Nice to hear that your Victa is done up well now.Enjoy. I have also found that with idling around 1100 (without ac on) and Throttle lever adjusted such that RPM Does not drop quickly upon release of accelerator the victa behaves really well and smooth.
Old 30th June 2007, 08:38   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
Congrats on finally laying a long-pending niggle to rest. With this new peace-of-mind you've got, I wish you all the best in enjoying your Sumo while running over sub 1.5 ton vehicles.

The truck at the estate..

Thanks, MAG .. it was good to take out the truck on a long drive after ages. Like said on the Monsoon Mayhem thread, v1p3r put it through some serious paces .. and true to his words, he gets lower FE on highways than in city driving ..

Return trip from CBE to BLR, with just a 15-20% of 5th, and a good measure of ghats, rough roads in Chamarajanagar / Mandya districts [= 2nd / 3rd gear] still returned a decent 11.75 kmpl.
Old 3rd July 2007, 11:24   #44
BHPian

nice review - sumo

nice review condor. its a nice vehicle and have driven it for 760 kms in single day itself and got amazing FE of 13.2.

who said - KUCH HI LOG SUMO CHALATE HAIN
Old 9th July 2007, 21:48   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: 25000 km

So, the miles fly by. 25K now and went for the mandatory-at-TASS/TASC minor service on friday. Mandatory because any deviation would mean the extended wty gets void.

No surprises as such. They did the usual cleaning, washing & stuff. Front brake pads were replaced. Supposed to last about 15-20k kms depending on usage, but 25k is supposed to be almost full life.

Bill, incl the brake pads - about 1.9k.

Then again, things havent been perfect. 3 visits to Concorde, and some damage each time. First two visits it was the A/c vents. Dont know how should the vent fins fall off into the duct. Have had both replaced. Got to pull out the vents and seal them in place. The vent plastics are a little delicate.

Since the first time it happened, the air-flow isnt working the way it should. If I have the re-circulate mode switch off, I should be getting fresh air in. WHile there is sound of the blower working, there isnt much air flowing in. Things are normal if I switch to re-circulate. I have reported this twice now, but no avail. The guys are insisting that this is the way it should work. I know it's otherwise.

Been up-shifting a little earlier - 15, 35, 55, 75 instead of 20, 40, 60, 80. Getting close to 1 kmpl more, because end up in the 2nd gear more often than before.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks