Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:34   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Greenhorn, same point mentioned by Hrishi. Seems to work. Thanks.
Which one I mean, Hrishi's posts
Old 9th June 2009, 21:12   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

DIY mats

@Greenhorn, I was refering to Hrishi's posted point about waiting a wee bit after the glowplug indicator goes off before cranking. This method is working.

So the DIY extends to the Sumo, with some custom cut mats. Front & Rear are done. Yet to start work on the Middle. Posting pics of only the rear as I could not get a good pic the front mats (coverage problems).

Truckin'.. A journey of 7 years, 5 months & 78300 km with the Sumo Victa GX Turbo-rear-mat1.jpg

Truckin'.. A journey of 7 years, 5 months & 78300 km with the Sumo Victa GX Turbo-rear-mat2.jpg
Old 12th September 2009, 10:56   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Gold, finally.

Two months short of 4 yrs, the truck finally reaches the half-ton mark. And is looking good for many more ...

While 46 months may look like a long time for the truck, there was atleast about 15 months of non-usage/ minimal usage during these years. Considering that, I should have reached there in well less than 3 years.

50k servicing was done a bit early, in 1st week of July. Standard oil & filters changes. The fuel guage had been acting up, and had to be replaced. So I get a new console : The tacho-odo-speedo-temperature-fuel guages are one integrated unit, so the whole thing was replaced under extendend warranty.

The hesitant start that I had mentioned earlier was diagnosed as a battery issue - one cell was weak. Pushed it a little longer, and finally went in for a Bosch (Silver) Shakti VRLA, low-maintenance, sealed battery. The 5.6k MRP came down to 4.8k after I got an emp discount (no, I am not with Bosch).

All tyres seem to lose a little air. May be a valve change for the tubes or a change of tubes itself. The OE tyres are looking good for another 50k.
Old 12th September 2009, 11:05   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the achievement. Please foot the bill towards a party, during any meets that may happen.

Last edited by theMAG : 12th September 2009 at 11:06.
Old 12th September 2009, 11:36   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Maggie : the achievement is about taking 46 months to reach 50k. No problem about footing the bill towards a party. Will definitely share the 'damage'.
Old 30th January 2010, 08:02   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

53k @ 50 months

A routine semi-annual service for oil change done at 53480km.

Oil & oil filter change, with Wheel Rotation & Alignment.
Top-up of other oils.

Idling had been acting up : idling though set for 900rpm, used to settle at 1100rpm once the engine warms up. Has been adjusted - under observation. Problem had been attended to previously by replacing the actuator. But wasnot solved then.

Service Bill : 2.7k - includes a 10% Tata Gold Club discount for the oil & labor, 7 liters of 15W40 Castrol and a fog lamp bulb replacement.

Have also been working on enhancing the interior lighting - 3rd row did not have lights, and have added one. Will be putting up the details later - so pls wait till then.
Old 30th January 2010, 10:57   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

I heard you had some psyched up plans for the Sumo.
Old 16th April 2010, 18:25   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

55k @ 52 months

The truck has been coming along steady. Running has reduced a bit due to a shorter commute.

Idling problem has been resolved.

Alignment has acted up a bit. The shims were adjusted - took the better part of the day for that. Looks much better now.
Old 27th April 2010, 15:01   #99
BHPian

Tata Sumo Victa DI

I got a chance to be driven in one of these in Sikkim. I must say that the space was incredible (ala Safari), had a decent ride and superb torque making hill climbing effortless.

TATA MOTORS: Sumo Victa

It is a 2956 cc Diesel DI Turbo Charged engine. How is it different from the regular Spacio?

Anyone owns one here? What is the on-road price? The website says it will be declared soon.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:06   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

IIRC, the regular Spacio is a 10 seater, like the Sumo SE's. Seating layout is different.

Both groups should have NA & Turbo versions. The Victa DI Turbo was launched quite sometime back. But there are minor changes inside, when compared to the 2.0L IDI powered versions.

@Proxima, check this post :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/601917-post45.html

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th April 2010 at 19:12. Reason: As per request
Old 27th April 2010, 18:48   #101
Senior - BHPian

IIRC the spacio has the 407 engine. sounds god awful terrible. Its just a people mover. the Victa was being touted as a family vehicle, with the adverts showing women driving it with ease.
Old 9th May 2010, 21:23   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a short drive in two old gen TCIC Safari's today. Both incidentally had a Lucas RIP. I felt my truck's under-powered, but these two gave me a better perspective of my Sumo. It isnt that bad, actually.

One question : would it make sense to swap my Lucas FIP with a Bosch FIP ? Want a little more power, esp when using the a/c (initial pick-up with a/c is pretty bad - one the two Safari's was much better inspite of it's extra weight).

As explained to me so far :
Pro's : a little more power
Con's : a little drop in FE.

If I can get answers to these two questions, will make it easier to decide about the FIP.
Old 10th May 2010, 10:57   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
One question : would it make sense to swap my Lucas FIP with a Bosch FIP ?
How can one differentiate between these two FIP's?
Also, not very sure but isn't it the injectors that contribute majorly in spiking the pickup? Before going for an FIP swap, would you want to try checking with injectors with slightly bigger nozzles (if they are readily available, that is)?
Old 10th May 2010, 12:05   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
dkamath : How can one differentiate between these two FIP's?
Labels ! While I havent seen the Mico FIP to do a visual comparison, there is metal sheet label that identifies the make.

@DKamath, will check the nozzle part. Btw, any ideas about managing the load of the a/c compressor ? The second Safari I tried yesterday felt more manageable, inpsite of the heavier weight driven by the same engine & FIP.
Old 18th May 2010, 20:33   #105
BHPian

Condor , I think you must not change the FIP, Lucas is good. I also want to know if A/C load can be managed some how. Sure you will agree that Victa's AC is simply
fantastic, it fact it is chilling, can reducing the gas a little will help reduce the load?
or can a different expansion valve be used to reduce the load? Really need some advise on this....

My truck has clocked 75K and is still supurb as usual....Really this vehicle is too good....I really feel secured going out in Sumo Victa anywhere anytime...a real reliable baby...no tension at all....12 years....over 2 lac kilometers of Sumo so far and absolute absolute.. abbsoluteeee at ease....I dont think any car can give this

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th May 2010 at 21:04. Reason: Back to back posts, EDIT the original post once approved instead. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks