Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2021, 08:00   #31
BHPian

re: My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 14th May 2021 at 08:45.
sreenivass is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 15th May 2021, 19:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenPai_GTi View Post
What a beautiful thread. Absolutely love the way you have maintained your car.
Thank you! Well, the rusts spots are a worry; especially on the door, beneath the ORVMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
Great indeed! All the fiesta owners are happy with their machine except for 2 things - Low FE & GC.
I still own fiesta 1.4 D for nearly 12 years and have crossed 1.5L kms with it. Absolutely no reason to sell it and still puts a big fat smile whenever I press the gas.
Thank you! Correctly said about the two not so good things about the Fiesta.
Your Fiesta looks good too!! Happy miles ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
Hi Arun,
Congratulations on owning the beauty, I just can't get over the looks.
Wishing you many more miles of happiness
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Nostalgic thread @arun1100 ... being a Fiesta (1.6S) owner myself, I could relate to your story and I share some of the feelings you shared. In fact, when the new car discussion came up, my wife said why not buy another Fiesta
Thank you! Hope you keep your Fiesta for even more longer time to come.
Wish Ford had continued the Fiesta legacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeman View Post
Great review. Thanks for sharing. You have maintained the car very well, and it is a pleasure to see that. Serves as a role model for a lot of people to hold on to their cars for long periods. Enjoy another ten years with her.
Thank you! The quality of the cars were good and the car itself was very desirable. I am not sure if I would like to keep my next new car this long!
arun1100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 13:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
2012 Ford Fiesta Classic
This thread is about the long term ownership experience of our Ford Fiesta Classic CLXI.
Attachment 2076842
Interesting read!

my uncle is leaving his Fiesta 1.4 Diesel with me for few weeks, excited to see how much of a difference it is to my 2019 Figo 1.5AT.

Sad that era of good handling sedans has come to an end.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 26th August 2021 at 13:23.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 13:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

Pic from a recent drive to Mysore. Driving the Fiesta has reduced quite a bit due to the pandemic. With the Petrol price at 105 per liter, driving such Petrol cars is a expensive thing to do!

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-20210717_171602.jpg
Old 30th August 2021, 02:48   #35
BHPian

OFF TOPIC:

Does the Fiesta classic has an isofix for child seats? (We are offered by a generous relative to use his Fiesta during our vacation in India next month. But I would prefer not to bother this gentleman with more questions about the child seats and all nifty details on safety. Your thread was a really useful one to know about the car, but I could not find anywhere about the ISOfix details. Any help would be appreciated.)

Thanks,
Karthik

Last edited by carthick1000 : 30th August 2021 at 02:57.
Old 30th August 2021, 07:19   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
OFF TOPIC:

Does the Fiesta classic has an isofix for child seats? (We are offered by a generous relative to use his Fiesta during our vacation in India next month. But I would prefer not to bother this gentleman with more questions about the child seats and all nifty details on safety. Your thread was a really useful one to know about the car, but I could not find anywhere about the ISOfix details. Any help would be appreciated.)

Thanks,
Karthik
No it does not.......
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 14:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 10 years & 64,000 kms!

Ford!
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-1.jpg

Fiesta's 10 years service:
Got my Fiesta serviced at the PPS Ford A.S.S, located on the Airport road, Bangalore. My Fiesta was previously serviced at Metro Ford, Bangalore during the first 8 years of ownership. The 9th year service was done at PPS Ford as Metro Ford was shut down (now a KIA dealer, part of VST group) and hence decided to get the 10th year service done at PPS Ford itself.

Though my Fiesta wasn't driven much after last year's service, it was time for some periodic maintenance and change of recommended parts. While discussing casually with Bhpian Parag Sachania about my Fiesta, since the Fiesta was a decade old now, he too suggested to get the timing and drive belts kit replaced. Other issue was hard clutch, but functionally there was no issue, hence decided not to get the clutch replaced. So all that was needed is regular service and change of belts.

I took appointment for the service over call and dropped the car for service on 23rd Dec. Parag accompanied me to the A.S.S and helped me in confirming the repair jobs to be done. We clearly told the S.A not do add any unnecessary tasks in the job card and he agreed to us.

The S.A initially confirmed the car would be ready in two days time. However, due to the spare parts not being readily available in stock, the service was completed on 27th Dec.

My Fiesta in the A.S.S's parking lot, baking under the sun waiting for it's turn!
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-2.jpg

Ford's labour cost for our reference!
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-3.jpg

Service bill - Page 1
Major parts changed and their price before tax:
Head gasket - ₹1987
Drive Belt Kit - ₹1325
Timing belt - ₹537
Pulley Tensioner - ₹870
Engine oil - ₹1073

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-4.jpg

Service bill - Page 2
Major labour charges and their price before tax:
Valve door - ₹819
Timing belt Cover - ₹819
Timing Belt - ₹2086
Tensioner - ₹447
Drive Belt - ₹670
Door panel protection - ₹1740
Paid Service - ₹1991
Total Bill amount - ₹18170

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-5.jpg

Ford's Service Feedback:
Pros:
- Service booking and delivery experience was good with no concerns. Service Advisor was friendly and agreed to do the works we requested. He was available over phone when required to check on the status and to give any inputs.
- The prices of Spares and Labour is quite reasonable. This is the first time I am getting any repairs done other than the regular service.
- Spare parts which were not readily available were procured by the A.S.S in a day's time.
- Quality of the cleaning of interiors was satisfactory.

Cons:
- Though I had clearly told the service advisor not to do any repair/ misc works on the car, in the Bill I noticed ₹1740 charged for labour for spraying of Door Panel Protection from the water gutter beneath the doors and dicky. (this as per S.A, avoids rusting).
- With regards to the exterior wash quality, the quality of foam wash done was unsatisfactory. Lot of stains remained on the car at the time of delivery.
- The Spare parts needed were not in stock. Hence the delivery was delayed. I got to know this only after I went the next day to A.S.S to monitor the service being done. There I noticed, the car was in the same spot outside as I initially parked the car.
- I had very clearly told the S.A to change the water pump too even if it is perfectly working fine. I even messaged and reminded the S.A. This was not done.

My Fiesta, ready after the service.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-6.jpg

Old spares were kept in the boot. The belts does have surface cracks.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-20211230_124419.jpg

ODO after a decade of usage!
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-7.jpg

Simple and neat - two decades old dashboard design!
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-8.jpg

View of the Fiesta's cockpit!
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-9.jpg

Quite comfortable rear seat.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-10.jpg

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-11.jpg

A quick drive to our farm post the service.
The Fiesta has served us very well over the decade. The 1.6 Duratec engine, coupled with the sleek gearbox and fun to drive dynamics makes the Fiesta 1.6 a great car to own!
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-12.jpg

My daughter's favorite car at home!
She truly feels - Dad's always in a good mood while he is driving his Fiesta! I totally agree!
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-13.jpg

arun1100 is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 19:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on completing a decade of ownership! I'm sure the car will keep you smiling for years.

I guess you got it serviced at the Domlur outlet of PPS Ford. My daughter used to get the Figo serviced there when the car was in Bangalore.

As regards water pump change with the timing kit, it was not in stock even when i got the belt changed in the Fiesta a few years ago. Same was the issue when i changed the timing belt of the Figo last year. I wonder if they are really in stock. I think you should insist on getting it changed A.S.A.P. and not being charged for labour again.

Wish you good luck!
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 19:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats on completing a decade of ownership! I'm sure the car will keep you smiling for years.

Wish you good luck!
Thank you Sir. I was looking forward for your post and let me tell you, I searched for your posts related to Fiesta's belts and only then got to know about the prices and your experience of changing the belts of your Fiesta. I read your experience about the water pump too. I am Grateful to you for this!

Your Fiesta's thread is a ocean of info for many of we Fiesta owners. How I wish luck was on your side to own the Fiesta even more longer. Probably was the best maintained Fiesta!
Old 1st January 2022, 12:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

I always say. Ford's do have charm, and when they are kept in top whack, they are a charm to own and drive. The old Fiesta, Figo to the modern ones, a neat and clean one will still get the admiration and turn head. Keep her as long as you can.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 16:23   #41
BHPian

Quote:
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 10 years & 64,000 kms!
Congratulations on completing a decade of ownership with this beautiful machine. In today's TOI newspaper Ford has published a very big ad to emphasise their commitment towards India and assure of an excellent after-sales experience to the existing customers, your service experience is an evidence of the same. Many of my friends own Fords and Chevrolets and all of them are a happy lot with regard to the service, I just hope sometimes they were as much committed in the product planning department and keeping up with the market trends then we would have seen some good American cars in the future as well in our shores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
I always say. Ford's do have charm, and when they are kept in top whack, they are a charm to own and drive. The old Fiesta, Figo to the modern ones, a neat and clean one will still get the admiration and turn head. Keep her as long as you can.
I absolutely resonate with you! I till date simply love the old Endeavour with the spare wheel and a ladder, the Mondeo was an automobile well ahead of its time and EcoSport even now is a very competent compact SUV. Even GM gave us some very good cars like Opel Corsa, Astra, Vectra and Chevrolet Captiva, Cruze and Trailblazer, so sad we would never see them again.
Tony2298 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 18:25   #42
BHPian

Re: My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 : 9 Years & 62,000 kms!

Hello!
I guess I am little late here. Congratulations on completing more than a decade with your 1.6 Fiesta!

Quote:
Fiesta Classic Ownership

- Known issue of rusting beneath both the ORVMs.
- Coolant tank developed crack recently and hence was replaced in the last service.
- Ignition switch went kaput wherein the cranking wasn't happening. Changed the ignition switch and the door lock for about 2.5k.
The development of rust beneath the ORVM is a common and recurring issue mainly due to the way the car was designed. Our car is no different.
She has been through 2 panel wise repaints (first time, both the front doors and the roof were sorted{year 2017}, and after 2 years of that, the rear doors started developing rust too and were sorted) and one full body repaint (year 2022), not because of any accident or so, but due to the rusting issue.

Attaching some pics of the infamous rust prone areas:

Around Right ORVM
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img_20171216_091113072_burst000_cover_top2.jpg

Around Left ORVM
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img_20171216_0910454712.jpg

Along Right A-Pillar and part of roof adjacent to that
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img_20171216_0911200972.jpg

Along Left A-Pillar and part of roof adjacent to that
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img_20171216_0910400602.jpg
The pics above are from the year 2017.

The rust on our car had reached cancerous levels by 2021 with metastasis almost everywhere, on every panel and that's when we decided to get the entire thing sorted at once.
The total process(of tinkering and repainting) costed about 70k rupees, and was not done from ASS for obvious reasons.

Some recent pictures of our Fiesta:
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-incollage_20230404_175131772.jpg
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-incollage_20230404_175556658.jpg

Coming to the Coolant Tank crack issue: We too faced similar problem back in 2013 I believe- we fixed it at home with a rubber solution and the problem has not recurred since.

And ignition switch issue: Faced this issue as well, in 2018, where the key would not rotate and get stuck before the cranking part. Dissected the ignition switch at home to the very last part, and reassembled it which sorted the problem. Never faced the issue again.

The Fiesta is a car that simply cannot be matched by any modern car(or any car for that matter) when it comes to driving dynamics, steering feel and highway stability, and the 1.6L engine is still relevant in modern times, which makes spending money on it quite justifiable!

Thank you
DocwithFiesta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 14:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 : 9 Years & 62,000 kms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocwithFiesta View Post
Hello!
I guess I am little late here. Congratulations on completing more than a decade with your 1.6 Fiesta!
Thank you, DocwithFiesta! Fiesta's overall quality was far superior to the Classic. Congratulations to you too on the long term ownership!

Surprised to know the similar kind of issues you faced with your Fiesta. Luckily no other major issues so far in my Fiesta.

Quote:
The Fiesta is a car that simply cannot be matched by any modern car(or any car for that matter) when it comes to driving dynamics, steering feel and highway stability, and the 1.6L engine is still relevant in modern times, which makes spending money on it quite justifiable!

Thank you
Well said. No wonder I am happily using my Fiesta Classic as my highway car even as it turned 11!

I got a major service done recently and shall post all the details today in a detailed post.

Yesterday's pic of me enjoying the Fiesta on the new Bangalore Mysore Expressway.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img_20230410_144028.jpg
arun1100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 19:07   #44
Senior - BHPian

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!

The first task of the regular maintenance was to replace the current Earth1 tyres with new Earth1 tyres which costed about 5.5k for each tyre.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-1.jpg

One of the bolts of the front wheel hub got cut while removing the wheel as the nut wasn't tightened properly the last time it was fit.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-2.jpg

Since there was the bolt issues and time for some mechanical parts replacement, I got my Fiesta serviced at the PPS Ford A.S.S, located on the Airport road, Bangalore.

My Fiesta waiting for it's turn to be assessed by the service advisor for the 11 years service schedule.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-3.jpg

During the previous service, the Head gasket, Drive Belt Kit, Timing belt, Pulley Tensioner etc were replaced. One major repair to be done in this service was the Clutch/ pressure plate assembly to be replaced.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-4.jpg

Though there no evident issues with the clutch, I preferred to change it during this service proactively. Also, the service advisor suggested to change the battery as it was around 5 years old and showed signs of ageing. While I always prefer Amaron battery, I chose the Motocraft battery.

Here is the 2 page Bill of the Service.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-6.jpg

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-7.jpg

Battery's warranty card.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-8.jpg

Ford's Service Plan details.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-9.jpg

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-10.jpg

Two days was the time taken for the Service. All parts were readily available. Total service cost is 25k.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-5.jpg

Front wheel with new bolt.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-11.jpg

The old clutch plate.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-13.jpg

New clutch's pack.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-12.jpg

Ford's Motorcraft Battery.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-14.jpg

Surgically clean Engine Bay.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-15.jpg

At a recent drive to Pondy.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-16.jpg

My daughter Yashna and me!
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-18.jpg

My Fiesta drives almost like a new one even today due to the regular maintenance and looking forward for an extended long term ownership experience!

Thank you,
Arun1100
arun1100 is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 22:36   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!

HSRP for the Fiesta!

Most the vehicles at home do not have the HSRP and hence decided to start off ordering first for my 2012 Fiesta as the mandate for HSRP in Karnataka is from Nov '23.

Ordered the HSRP through BookMyHsrp.com on Aug 30th and booked appointment for Sept 8th at the Cauvery Ford. The plates were ready and shipped to the Ford service centre in the first week of Sept.

I couldn't visit the dealer on Sept 8th; called up the concerned person in the dealer and informed I would be coming a day late for which he obliged. I reached the dealer today and in 30 mins, the plates were fixed.

Since I was in the Ford service service center, I got some other quick labour oriented checks done and as expected the works were promptly done!

Happy that I am able to keep the Fiesta updated with all the required mandates. Here are some pics taken at the Ford service centre.

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img_20230909_163547.jpg

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img_20230909_162306.jpg

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img_20230909_161850.jpg

At the Ford service centre
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img_20230909_161301.jpg

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img20230909103629.jpg

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img20230909103834.jpg

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img20230909104021.jpg

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img20230909104047.jpg

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img20230909104522.jpg

Windshield sticker. Blue sticker indicates petrol car.
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img20230909104639.jpg

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img20230909105728.jpg

SMS updates from the HSRP vendor
My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img_20230909_161916.jpg

My Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 | 11 years & 69,000 km!-img_20230909_161858.jpg

Last edited by arun1100 : 9th September 2023 at 22:40.
arun1100 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks