Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2020, 12:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Experiences with a 2010 Maruti SX4 Automatic

I drive a 2011 Sx4 VDi with 1.7 lacs on the odo, out of this 1.5 lac KM were logged in the first five years, with more cars joining the family the running of sx4 has reduced but I still believe its the most comfortable car for long-distance mile-munching. Have driven from Delhi to Pune in 2 days with an overnight stay in Ahmedabad that's 1000 km on day 1 and about 800 on day 2 with my mother in the passenger seat.
She wasnt tired much at the end of day 2 speaks volumes about the ride comfort sx4 has. Honestly all the family second it.
Has been infinitely reliable and cheap to maintain as well, the build quality is superb. Till date, there are no rattles. Will have to let this go next year thanks to the NGT 10 year rule but certainly, they don't make cars like this anymore. The seats are twice as thick as any modern-day car ! the doors are unlike maruti quality and the reliability is what we call Japnese.
adi_sun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 11:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Just a question here, as far as I remember, SX4 got a diesel unit in 2011 January February. The 90bhp VGT version of the MJD, if your car is 2009 it must be a petrol and if it is diesel, it would be newer.
Kindly correct the same.

Cheers!
Sorry for the error. It is indeed 2011 model. Confirmed with my uncle and it is bought just before my marriage. I got it confused with our old SX4 ZXi.
xcentrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 12:15   #18
BHPian

Excellent thread
We still have the 2009 SX4 VXi Manual which has driven only 44000 KM.
The car has only been used within the city and to airport pickup drops mainly - thanks to its massive boot space which swallows everything.

With new seats done recently, the seating comfort and its inherent GC makes us sit at par with fellow Creta/Seltos user and with 1.6L NA engine, there is so much of grunt that we never fall short of power - This has been one reason why we have not been able to replace this gem of a car, another being, paltry resale value with new one's in same league costing 18 big ones.
Cooltronics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 12:43   #19
BHPian

I was just scrolling through the automatic used cars on Olx and noticed this one https://www.olx.in/item/maruti-suzuk...iid-1620851668.

I had completely forgotten that SX4 had an automatic. If not for the owner bonkers price quote, I might have actually considered it. The car seems to be reliable by all accounts, is one of the few well-built Marutis and even the fuel efficiency figures are on par with what we have today. Went through this thread just for heck of it (so bored these days!).

@vigsom, I really appreciate your deep insight and passion for cars sir. I have never met anyone who knows so much about so many car models over the years.

Please keep them coming. I am sure you have a lot more experiences to share.
JithinR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 13:00   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ That is a ridiculous asking price for an sx4. Yes, if you get this car for say even 3 lacs, it is worth considering. The AT is absolutely trouble free and transmission oil change is at 1,65,000km if I remember right. But fuel efficiency in the AT is low (typical 10kmpl) , lower than the Altis which sports a bigger engine.
vigsom is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks