Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2007, 09:46   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
considering the no. of trucks we are gathering here in this community i would say tatas are definitely adding up a mass... and quite fast at that.
I agree. Further corraboration: "Safari sales at 2,150 for month of March-07" Source: Tata Motors - Media Centre
Old 12th April 2007, 10:37   #32
BHPian

Price Increased For Safari

I am in touch with tata dealers to take a new dicor, I got a call from dhingra motors gurgaon yesterday 11th april that the prices have been raised up by appx 10,000 with immediate effect.

Can anybody tell me what is the max discount you get on safaris in delhi, (without finance option), dhingra motors has agreed for 14k stretching from his intial 10k offer , after i shown no urgency to buy without a good deal.

Also he updated that arizona blue has been discontinued, & now i can get steel blue(new color), while a-one in delhi says he can arrange arizona blue, same says tata motors site.

Only delay is to sell my existing indica, which is exceptionally well maintained & still returns 17.5kmpl in city, dhingra is offering 1.6 lacs for buy back, but survey shows that oct2003 V2, dls should fetch 2-2.2 lacs in delhi.

Please guide.
Old 12th April 2007, 12:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
I am at the point of breaking down and booking a Dicor EX myself, but are there any two tone Safari's around?
Dont exist in a state of denial - reclaim your life.

Jokes apart the easiest way is to get an LX which comes with disgusting unpainted cladding, and to paint up the cladding according to your tastes.
Old 12th April 2007, 20:35   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Dont exist in a state of denial - reclaim your life.

Jokes apart the easiest way is to get an LX which comes with disgusting unpainted cladding, and to paint up the cladding according to your tastes.
Sure enough Steer, looks like I'll have to reclaim my life with the 3L from the lala land between the 3L and 2.2L Dicors!

Anyway, doesn't the EX come with unpainted cladding and bumpers as well?
Old 12th April 2007, 21:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Yeah only VX comes with body coloured claddings and bumpers.

Drifter
Old 23rd April 2007, 13:51   #36
BHPian

Steer, if we get slide claddings and bumper painted by some one, will it effect the warrantees, because i am planning to paint them myself when I will buy the dream Truck
Note from mod: Do not use font and size tags
Old 23rd April 2007, 15:35   #37
Team-BHP Support

No, it will not affect warranty. Infact many dealers give "Free painting" as an incentive as part of the buy negotiations.
Old 24th April 2007, 09:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your Truck.. and Welcome to the world of Truck drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
Tomorrow the Hankooks should be arriving, i was wondering if 255 is too big a size, because today i sat there staring at the front end and the 235 tyres 'looked' adequate.
These are good tires... ON wet conditions (see the nandi hills report) took the vehicle upto 140 kmph and the road grip was tremendous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Drifty, Why Hankook?
Godfather bought those because he didnt find stock of good patterned Michelins or Pirellis..
Yeah.. But i am completely satisfied with them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
A friend in Chennai's off-road club just picked up BFGoodrich ALl-terrains for 4000 bucks and this was factory fresh rubber. The size was 215/75/R15.
I would anyday suggest All-Terrain rubber from Pirelli,Michelin or BFG.
215??? Why do you wanna down size the tires????? you need more grip on this truck..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
No, it will not affect warranty. Infact many dealers give "Free painting" as an incentive as part of the buy negotiations.
I would suggest to get it painted by the company before delivery itself.. They can match the paint better..

Godfather
Old 24th April 2007, 10:19   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
I agree. Further corraboration: "Safari sales at 2,150 for month of March-07" Source: Tata Motors - Media Centre
Holy cow! If you consider net model revenue (model x average selling price), the Safaris turnover probably matches that of the Indigo.

Amazing what a new engine, aggressive marketing and a price cut can do. Can only imagine the bonus that the Safari planning team has received.
Old 24th April 2007, 14:43   #40
BHPian

drifter!
congratulations on your monster truck purchase!sorry am late as hell though.
was wondering if the safari club members here could post a checklist PDI for new buyers.
thanks!
Old 30th April 2007, 12:21   #41
Senior - BHPian

Check electricals....tata is not known for electricals. Also take a test drive and identify odd noises from the suspension or steering.

Safaris generally do have some squeaks in them. take a note of them and get rectified from the dealership.

If possible, go to the dealership stockyard to select a vehicle there itself, take down the details - chassis no., engine no. They are printed on a sticker on the left side third window.

Also try to select a colour that is not in stock...this way you will get a fresh piece. Also make sure you get a manufacture date of Mar 2007. You can check the seatbelts for date of manufacture, your vehicle's date of manufacture will be close to it.

Happy trucking!!

Drifter
Old 3rd August 2007, 17:04   #42
BHPian

Rev-limiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
ON wet conditions (see the nandi hills report) took the vehicle upto 140 kmph and the road grip was tremendous.
Godfather
Godfather or anyone,
can you please give the max speed that you reached with Dicor?

We cant go beyond 145 i think, unless we go for a ECU re-map to change the rev-limit. I saw the vehicle as tamed even at 145KMPH.

Do you know whats the rev-limit set for each gear? I think its different for each one.
Old 3rd August 2007, 20:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoy_tharakan View Post
Godfather or anyone,
can you please give the max speed that you reached with Dicor?

We cant go beyond 145 i think, unless we go for a ECU re-map to change the rev-limit. I saw the vehicle as tamed even at 145KMPH.

Do you know whats the rev-limit set for each gear? I think its different for each one.
Top speed is allegedly restricted at 140 kmph (see other Safari links - this site has far too many now). One may see upto 150kmph on the Speedo depending on the level of error.

Mine does at least 160 kmph now (dunno if it goes beyond because thats all I pushed it). Just dont ask how.
Old 3rd August 2007, 22:27   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine does at least 160 kmph now (dunno if it goes beyond because thats all I pushed it). Just dont ask how.
Mine too.. consistent speedo read of 160 with a/c and 4 people everytime. I take it to that speed once in a month/2months to strecth her legs...
Like steer said...Just dont ask how

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 3rd August 2007 at 22:30.
Old 9th August 2007, 14:00   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Top speed is allegedly restricted at 140 kmph (see other Safari links - this site has far too many now). One may see upto 150kmph on the Speedo depending on the level of error.

Hi Steeroid,

The maximum speed that engine can provide and the maximum geared speed is different I believe. I will cross check what the manual says about this. I do agree regarding the calibration limit of the speedometer. I think we should not believe anything thats shown beyond the 150KMPH! I could have mistaken the benchmarks- let me conform this!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks