Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2021, 16:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Growing up with a Fiat Linea T-Jet for 10 years

My heart still skips a beat whenever I see a finely maintained Linea on the road. I hate Fiat for this. I have a Punto and I can relate most of the things about reliability. It’s been close to 6 years and has aged like fine Italian wine.
Do keep the vehicle till it lasts. There is nothing out there like it.
vj_torqueaddict is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 10:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Excellent short review my young friend.

You can tell your dad that he has plenty of head scratching company when it comes time to upgrade. I still haven't found anything that I would like or could afford as the next logical step, so like your dad will keep mine chugging along as long as I can.

PS: Your dad should try driving one with a remap and a bigger Intercooler.
Thank you Keroo1099. Will definitely tell my father to try driving one. Hopefully a worthy successor to the Linea T-jet comes soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Lovely short review. Reading about your car bought back very fond and wonderful memories of our 9 year old Linea Tjet that we sold in 2019 after having done 80,000+ kms and cannot agree with you more, inspite of all the brickbats by online forum and wisecracks (Fix It Again Tony), the car aged like fine wine!
Hey PGNarain ,
I'm happy to know that your T-jet served you well. Hopefully you are happy with your new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_torqueaddict View Post
My heart still skips a beat whenever I see a finely maintained Linea on the road. I hate Fiat for this. I have a Punto and I can relate most of the things about reliability. It’s been close to 6 years and has aged like fine Italian wine.
Do keep the vehicle till it lasts. There is nothing out there like it
Hey vj_torqueaddict,
That's true , Fiats have a charm of there own. Do keep your Punto till it lasts.
Eshan Joshi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 13:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

A well maintained Fiat Linea, and the Punto Abarth, they still make my head turn. Italian fineese, esp, the Linea. The car is a charm to drive, especially at the back, extremely comfortable and truly owners pride. Keep her with you, as long as you can.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 13:44   #19
BHPian

Good writeup for the T-Jet legend! Wishing you many more miles with the classic.
I am a T-Jet owner for the last 7-years and it's been an amazing experience till now. Have done 61K until now and don't want to part with it. Infact, I just upgraded somethings to make it more enjoyable.

1. New set of alloy wheels from MOMO. Two of the OEM alloys were bent and was the right opportunity to upgrade. The all-black matt finish wheels are turning heads whereever I go.

2. New Tyres from Apollo.

3. Replaced the HU with Pioneer Bluetooth unit and upgraded all the speakers with an amplifier unit install as well. Installed door damping. The ride inside is now super silent and smooth! No road noise seeping in and I am loving my Music! We just did a 900+ km drive last week of Dec and the family was super happy with the changes.

I could get all of the above upgrades well within a cost of 1L. My car is Pearl white color and I Looking to custom paint the Roof with glossy black and get a sleek black spoiler to enhance the rear look.

I am also in the market for a SUV for family (kids have grown quite fast). As mentioned earlier, will keep the T-jet as my second car for my short spirited drive needs.

In summary, this is one car that was a choice for both the heart and the mind. Couldn't be happier with an investment of less than 10L 7 years ago.
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 15:47   #20
BHPian

Wonderful review Eshan. Linea Tjet is truly an owners pride. I can relate to most of the things you wrote. Tjet is a keeper. A turbo petrol engine with 16 inch wheels and disc brakes all around. That too within a million rupees! I am gonna try keep mine for as long as possible. Happy miles to you and your Dad.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 17:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshan Joshi View Post

Ok so I am underaged to drive. I am 16 years old so I would come up with my review on the driving experience in two years if my father lets me drive it
That is the exact same case with me, buddy
I'm 16 too.

And wow, more than the car, let me appreciate your writing skills, and also the organising of the review, with correct capitalisation, italicising, and bolding.

And ofcourse, there are lesser mortals like me, who has kept their car's ownership report in the Assembly Line for ages.
Your thread will be giving me a push to complete writing mine, without being worried of what other BHPians will think of the short report and that too, without original driving aspects of the car.

Now, all you got to do is to update this thread regularly, at each and every service, and at each and every addition to the car.
Govardhansupra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 08:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
DRIVING

Ok so I am underaged to drive. I am 16 years old so I would come up with my review on the driving experience in two years if my father lets me drive it (Which is highly unlikely).
Make your dad read this nicely written review and I am pretty sure, he will let you drive it, at least in his presence, ONCE YOU GET YOUR DRIVER'S license!

Feels good to see so many budding car enthusiasts in the community, aye, why do I feel old already!
Aish_4761 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 10:32   #23
BHPian

Was a lovely thread to read over this weekend Eshan. You have echoed the sentiments of the many who have either owned the Linea or still own one. I have a 5 year old Linea TJet in Magnesio Grey and still puts a smile on my face when the Turbo kicks in even to this day after 5 years. I plan to hold on to my Linea for as long as possible. The way one can take ghat sections in the Linea is a thing to be experienced when driving.

As with many owners, the decision to upgrade is a very tough one and finding another car which is at par with the Linea is going to be very tough. I got my top end Linea for less than 10 lakhs with all the year end discounts and some bargaining. I don't see any car which will be this good and give me this much satisfaction at this pricing ever again. The Civic diesel will have similar driving experience, ride and handling and cornering capabilities but that is a different pricing segment altogether and it is discontinued from market as of today. The only disadvantage on the Civic is the low seating which will be a problem for elders in the family.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 11:07   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
A well maintained Fiat Linea, and the Punto Abarth, they still make my head turn. Italian fineese, esp, the Linea. The car is a charm to drive, especially at the back, extremely comfortable and truly owners pride. Keep her with you, as long as you can.

Cheers!
VJ
Thank you VijayAnand1 . I will keep her as long as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Good writeup for the T-Jet legend! Wishing you many more miles with the classic.
I am a T-Jet owner for the last 7-years and it's been an amazing experience till now. Have done 61K until now and don't want to part with it. Infact, I just upgraded somethings to make it more enjoyable

1. New set of alloy wheels from MOMO........ glossy black and get a sleek black spoiler to enhance the rear look.

I am also in the market for a SUV for family (kids have grown quite fast). As mentioned earlier, will keep the T-jet as my second car for my short spirited drive needs.

In summary, this is one car that was a choice for both the heart and the mind. Couldn't be happier with an investment of less than 10L 7 years ago.
Thank you r0ckstar.1. Those mods will surly make you love your T-jet even more. It's true ,T-jet owners are very satisfied with their car. Hopefully you find a good SUV for your family soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Wonderful review Eshan. Linea Tjet is truly an owners pride. I can relate to most of the things you wrote. Tjet is a keeper. A turbo petrol engine with 16 inch wheels and disc brakes all around. That too within a million rupees! I am gonna try keep mine for as long as possible. Happy miles to you and your Dad.
Thank you abhi_tjet. The T-jet is indeed a keeper. Really hard to part from it. I actually read your 7 year update on your T-jet a few days ago. It showed your love for your T-jet. Happy miles on your T-jet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govardhansupra View Post
That is the exact same case with me, buddy
I'm 16 too.

And wow, more than the car, let me appreciate your writing skills, and also the organising of the review, with correct capitalisation, italicising, and bolding.

And ofcourse, there are lesser mortals like me, who has kept their car's ownership report in the Assembly Line for ages.
Your thread will be giving me a push to complete writing mine, without being worried of what other BHPians will think of the short report and that too, without original driving aspects of the car.

Now, all you got to do is to update this thread regularly, at each and every service, and at each and every addition to the car.
Hey Govardhansupra,

Thank you for your nice words buddy. Hopefully you finish your ownership review soon. I'll be waiting for it. And yeah, I will try my best to update regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aish_4761 View Post
Make your dad read this nicely written review and I am pretty sure, he will let you drive it, at least in his presence, ONCE YOU GET YOUR DRIVER'S license!

Feels good to see so many budding car enthusiasts in the community, aye, why do I feel old already!
Hey Aish_4761 ,

He's read it already. He was impressed. I guess he will let me drive it after I get my license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Was a lovely thread to read over this weekend Eshan. You have echoed the sentiments of the many who have either owned the Linea or still own one. I have a 5 year old Linea TJet in Magnesio Grey and still puts a smile on my face when the Turbo kicks in even to this day after 5 years. I plan to hold on to my Linea for as long as possible. The way one can take ghat sections in the Linea is a thing to be experienced when driving.

As with many owners, the decision to upgrade is a very tough one and finding another car which is at par with the Linea is going to be very tough. I got my top end Linea for less than 10 lakhs with all the year end discounts and some bargaining. I don't see any car which will be this good and give me this much satisfaction at this pricing ever again. The Civic diesel will have similar driving experience, ride and handling and cornering capabilities but that is a different pricing segment altogether and it is discontinued from market as of today. The only disadvantage on the Civic is the low seating which will be a problem for elders in the family.
Hey whencut86,

Thank you for your nice words. Glad to know that you are enjoying your T-jet. The Civic is famous worldwide for its handling and driving dynamics. .A shame that it got discontinued. A good car but underpowered when compared to the segment's king , the Octavia.
Eshan Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 11:21   #25
BHPian

Welcome young man. That was a nice little writing that you posted here. You really wrote from your heart on what you have experienced with your Dad and put your own thoughts as well. I saw through your words what lies in the mind of my son who is going to be thirteen soon and possibly three or four years down the line he would pen similar story of our cars.
You are absolutely right for the fact that the FIATs age very gracefully and it is indeed very difficult to find a good replacement for this vehicle on the lower side of 20 lakh rupees now. My Punto MJD is 11 years now and 99K kms old and Linea Tjet is 9+ years and 90k kms old. Even now, we feel right at home when driving any of these two cars while not so confident when driving relatively newer vehicles from Maruti or Hyundai.

All the very best as you grow up and have a successful life ahead.
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 12:12   #26
BHPian

And I thought the Linea only appealed to the older crowd!

I am so glad to read your refreshing review. Once you start driving it, and I am sure you can find some private roads to drive on, you will like it even more!

The T-Jet has it share of problems, which I too face with regards to spare parts availability, but in a bigger city it should not be too much of a problem. It has given me a lot of joy, and I plan to hold on to her as long as I can.

Link (The Love Affair: Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus)to my review from some years ago.

Last edited by johy : 11th January 2021 at 12:13.
johy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 02:48   #27

Hey Eshan
Great review on this one of a kind FIAT. I've only seen a few Linea T-jets where I live and they're honestly nothing like the other cars in terms of looks.
Quote:
So the T-jet is the second car he has owned in his life. The first being a Nissan Altima (year 2002 or 2003). And yes it was the best handling among it's competition.

Attachment 2104231

Attachment 2104234
My dad's first car was also a Nissan altima in the exact colour(or darker if I remember) and the same year!Brings back so many memories riding in the back seat on long road trips.And I'm 17 too!

This post made my day no lie

Edit:

Found a pic:
Growing up with a Fiat Linea T-Jet for 10 years-dsc0068601.jpeg

Last edited by ToyoCabbie : 12th January 2021 at 03:08. Reason: Added content
ToyoCabbie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 10:13   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Welcome young man. That was a nice little writing that you posted here. You really wrote from your heart on what you have experienced with your Dad and put your own thoughts as well. I saw through your words what lies in the mind of my son who is going to be thirteen soon and possibly three or four years down the line he would pen similar story of our cars.
You are absolutely right for the fact that the FIATs age very gracefully and it is indeed very difficult to find a good replacement for this vehicle on the lower side of 20 lakh rupees now. My Punto MJD is 11 years now and 99K kms old and Linea Tjet is 9+ years and 90k kms old. Even now, we feel right at home when driving any of these two cars while not so confident when driving relatively newer vehicles from Maruti or Hyundai.

All the very best as you grow up and have a successful life ahead.
Hey gopikb,

Thank you for your nice words. Happy to know that your FIATs are serving you well. I am sure that your son would pen down a review that would make you proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
And I thought the Linea only appealed to the older crowd!

I am so glad to read your refreshing review. Once you start driving it, and I am sure you can find some private roads to drive on, you will like it even more!

The T-Jet has it share of problems, which I too face with regards to spare parts availability, but in a bigger city it should not be too much of a problem. It has given me a lot of joy, and I plan to hold on to her as long as I can.

Link (The Love Affair: Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus)to my review from some years ago.
Hey johy,

Thank you for your nice words. I just went through your review. It was really nice. I wish that you have a hassle free ownership going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoCabbie View Post
Hey Eshan
Great review on this one of a kind FIAT. I've only seen a few Linea T-jets where I live and they're honestly nothing like the other cars in terms of looks.

My dad's first car was also a Nissan altima in the exact colour(or darker if I remember) and the same year!Brings back so many memories riding in the back seat on long road trips.And I'm 17 too!

This post made my day no lie

Found a pic:
Attachment 2106853
Hey ToyoCabbie,

Thank you for your nice words. Happy to know a fellow member of the same age who's father owned an Altima. It was such a good car. I honestly miss it till this day.

Last edited by Eshan Joshi : 12th January 2021 at 10:24.
Eshan Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 13:29   #29
BHPian

I think I am one of the few members on the forum who got the Linea when it was launched and are still holding on to it. I got the NA Petrol Engined one in 2009 as the TJet wasn’t introduced in the Indian market then. It has been more than 11 years and I still look back at the car every time I park and walk away from it. The car has fond memories for me which are also sentimental in nature. I got home my firstborn child in 2015 from the hospital in the same car. In 2019 with the birth of the second child, although we had another car in our garage we still ensured that we got home the baby in the Linea. That reason now is strong enough for me to keep the car for as long as possible. If the government makes it illegal to drive cars beyond a certain age I will still keep the car as a garage queen for whatever period I can manage.

All the best Eshan. I am sure that once you reach the legal age to drive cars and get your driving licence your Dad will allow you to drive the TJet and I am equally sure that you will be a responsible young driver. You writing displays a level of maturity which you possess and it will reflect in other aspects of your life.

- Raj B
RajBajwa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 14:05   #30
BHPian

A lovely homage to a great car!
This car is so good that I'm still looking for that perfect replacement to my Tjet which i sold a year+ back. Umpteen test drives and multiple reviews and I'm still out there in the wild. There is nothing that flies like the Tjet on a winding ghat or an empty flat stretch. They don't make them like it anymore!
Thank You Eshan.
jazzrockz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed