Team-BHP - The story of a Donut | 3.5 year ownership review of my Honda Brio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   The story of a Donut | 3.5 year ownership review of my Honda Brio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/236418-story-donut-3-5-year-ownership-review-my-honda-brio-2.html)

Offtopic but still wanted to post this. It looks like there are 3 UK07 boys here. uc drives, vtec blast and Me:D

Very nice write up. Loved your style of writing. I had the Brio in exact red colour for 4.5 years and did quite a lot of travelling in it.
Brio is absolutely fuss free car, regular maintenance will see it through 10 years without issue. I traded in mine for the Nexon.

Good luck with your Brio, wishing you many happy miles ahead

Quote:

Originally Posted by uc_drives (Post 5060989)
Hello @vtecblast. Amazing review of your Honda Brio. One off the best hatches available in India. Being an owner of a 2012 Honda Brio V MT, in rallye red, I can very well relate how much of a delight it is to drive. Also, I have seen your car couple of times parked at UPES, Dehradun. I am also from Dehradun and pursuing my bachelors from UPES. Very happy to see a Dehradun registered car in the forum i.e very rare :Cheering:. Would love to join up for a drive. You can PM me if you wanna catchup. Good luck & Stay safe mate!!:)

Thank you! Yes, it is rare to spot Doonites here on the forum but I'm glad to find one or two once in a while. Cheers on this mate, I hope you spotted Donut on its good looking days. The road to Doonga via Bidholi is still my close to track feel road. Obviously, on its empty days. Sure! I love to catch up with fellow car enthusiasts in Doon. Hope this Corona time gets over soon. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SenPai_GTi (Post 5061014)
Quite a unique review, had a lot of fun reading it. When we were looking for a small city car, I had always wanted to go for a second hand Brio, but since we already had a Honda in our stable and with the base model Brio's being out of our reach, decided to settle with a Tata Nano. But I secretly still want to upgrade to the good old Brio.

I completely understand your plight. Even after a 50km test drive, my SA has been unable to understand the reason as to why my City only delivers 12kmpl on the highway (don't even want to start on it's city mileage).

Glad you liked it! :) I feel Honda is one of the brand that will keep you hooked from itself for a very long time. As they say, you should always listen to your heart. These days, I'm spotting some pretty good deals on Honda Brios , you should check some of them in your area. 12 km/l !! I hope it involves some vtec pulls on highways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeman (Post 5061181)
Fantastic review. I can see that a lot of heart has gone into it. I have always liked the Brio, though I have never owned one. Good looks, and of course it is a Honda. Enjoy many more years with your Donut.

Thank you! Yes it's an over-pampered kid of our garage. xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 (Post 5061233)
Offtopic but still wanted to post this. It looks like there are 3 UK07 boys here. uc drives, vtec blast and Me:D

There are few more, I hope we can arrange a meet-up after things gets better. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by aniyo (Post 5061328)
Very nice write up. Loved your style of writing. I had the Brio in exact red colour for 4.5 years and did quite a lot of travelling in it.
Brio is absolutely fuss free car, regular maintenance will see it through 10 years without issue. I traded in mine for the Nexon.

Good luck with your Brio, wishing you many happy miles ahead

Glad you liked it. Certainly it is! A very thoughtful upgrade from Brio. I hope the review didn't make you miss your ex. :p

Awesome !! Glad to see another happy owner of Honda brio. Including myself.
Brio is a fantastic car.
Loved reading your review and it was to the point.
Looks like you drive your Brio a lot more despite having 3 other cars in your garage.
We too have a Honda Brio https://https://www.team-bhp.com/for...ip-review.html which is 6 years old. No plans of selling.
Keep revving. Drive safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasanth (Post 5061429)
Awesome !! Glad to see another happy owner of Honda brio. Including myself.
Brio is a fantastic car.
Loved reading your review and it was to the point.
Looks like you drive your Brio a lot more despite having 3 other cars in your garage.
We too have a Honda Brio https://https://www.team-bhp.com/for...ip-review.html which is 6 years old. No plans of selling.
Keep revving. Drive safe.

Thank you! The confidence aspiring drive and addictive maneuverability is why I choose this vehicle as my go-to vehicle wherever I can . Fun fact, I was procrastinating writing this, It was after your review I shared mine. Loved the wheels on your Brio though. :)

Great write-up! We owned a 2015 Mystic Blue S MT for about 3 years and 12.5k kms and I can totally relate to the low fuel efficiency figures you're getting as I got even lower (10-11/14kmpl for city and highway respectively). I've said this before and I won't hesitate to say it again, this little pocket rocket is a future classic in the Indian hatchback scene, it's just that good! I never got enough of that sweet engine but the lack of safety features in the S variant, flimsy build, lack of low-end punch and slightly notchy gearbox made me sell it prematurely. Keep cherishing this car cause as the ads said back in the day; it loves you back ;)

Quote:

Please add me to the list of UK07 boys band. :D I own a brio as well!

Wolf Moto does a remap for the Brio? Any details as to what all is done and what can you expect post the re-map?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autocaptive (Post 5062372)
Great write-up! We owned a 2015 Mystic Blue S MT for about 3 years and 12.5k kms and I can totally relate to the low fuel efficiency figures you're getting as I got even lower (10-11/14kmpl for city and highway respectively). I've said this before and I won't hesitate to say it again, this little pocket rocket is a future classic in the Indian hatchback scene, it's just that good! I never got enough of that sweet engine but the lack of safety features in the S variant, flimsy build, lack of low-end punch and slightly notchy gearbox made me sell it prematurely. Keep cherishing this car cause as the ads said back in the day; it loves you back ;)

We've been loving our AT since 2014. The build quality isn't the best and can say the same about the paint quality...at least in the pre-facelift variants.

Similarly, the suspension isn't the best and my Brio AT's struts had given up at around 40k kms. Rear struts are hopeless. Most Brio owners had a recall to replace the rear units that leaked. I had mine replaced twice under warranty!

Also, stock alloy rims find it hard to accomodate anything wider than a 175 section. Upgrading wheel rims doesn't suit the stock suspension so after trying everything I've switched back to OEM alloy rims with stock sized tyres.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtecblast (Post 5061348)
Thank you! Yes, it is rare to spot Doonites here on the forum but I'm glad to find one or two once in a while. Cheers on this mate, I hope you spotted Donut on its good looking days. The road to Doonga via Bidholi is still my close to track feel road. Obviously, on its empty days. Sure! I love to catch up with fellow car enthusiasts in Doon. Hope this Corona time gets over soon. :)

Glad you liked it! :) I feel Honda is one of the brand that will keep you hooked from itself for a very long time. As they say, you should always listen to your heart. These days, I'm spotting some pretty good deals on Honda Brios , you should check some of them in your area. 12 km/l !! I hope it involves some vtec pulls on highways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtecblast (Post 5061356)
Thank you! Yes it's an over-pampered kid of our garage. xD

There are few more, I hope we can arrange a meet-up after things gets better. :)

Glad you liked it. Certainly it is! A very thoughtful upgrade from Brio. I hope the review didn't make you miss your ex. :p

Add me to the UK07 club ( even have a UA07 car whose number plates confuses a lot of guys especially in far off states lol:).
Would love a small meet or better still a group drive .

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderinNomad (Post 5130609)
Add me to the UK07 club ( even have a UA07 car whose number plates confuses a lot of guys especially in far off states lol:).
Would love a small meet or better still a group drive .

UA07 is a rare sight these days. Mostly, I spot them on Armadas. Hi5 mate! Will sure plan it someday. Do stop me whenever you spot Donut on roads. :)