Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:47   #1
BHPian

1K report 2007 Baleno Lxi

hi
This is my first review on my 1k drive on baleno, till now the experiance is amazing .

First thing which i wanted to do after buying is to change my wheels and tyres.It was a costly proposal though,and then i finally change it to yokohama and HR wheels, after this upgrade i could directly feel the difference.. the car feels very very balanced, the road grip is awesome and cornering became very easy and yes the steering feels lighter now.

Because of the bangalore traffic i use bike instead of car(except saturdays and fridays) fr my
daily office usage. so i could do only 300kms when i got a call from pratham motors fr servicing ,
i wanted to do atleast 500kms before giving it fr servicing and i did give my car at 500kms ..servicing cost was 750 Rs which inculded the wheel alignment too
After the servicing the car was much smoother and i thought of running my car on highway, so with my friends I planned the trip to mandya CCD
this is where i came to know that what all im missing by driving my car in city... The car is superb on highway
its fast smooth and balanced.. though i think because of my tyre upgrade my meter readings r not correct..
the Ac of this car is just awesome its so effective that i can say i havent seen better ac than this on any other car of this class
full marks fr ac. The engine > AC on or off it dosent matter ,engine will do the job. the pickup feel just the same
i touched 140 on mysore road and the best part is the car is ready to push more very easily.. though my fifth gear was a little hard i dont know why
but i have seen people comlaining bout this on forum, may be a manufacturing defect. braking again deserves good points there were instances when i have to brake
at say 125 speed and it did exactly what i wanted from it, there were no rolls.. car remained straight and calm.
i was so happy with trip that i did it again with my family last saturday..seats of the car r very comfortable back seats r amazing ...

on my way this time i saw a skoda banged into a pole(must have happened on friday night) , i think this news came on sunday that two kids died cause of the accident on mysore road.. its sad but i think people get carried away when they see roads like this one
ok back to the subject.. this time again i loved it

fuel effeciency : city drive i get 10km/L
: highway i got around14km/L

overall ill rate this car as one of the best cars made by Maruti but highly underrated..
Its powerfull, its sporty,its economical and very comfortable fr city drive (torqui) Iam very happy with
the car . here r some pics of my car
http://img161.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_387lo.jpg
http://img164.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_564lo.jpg
http://img177.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_385lo.jpg
http://img7.imagevenue.com/img.php?i..._122_728lo.jpg

Karan
Old 2nd May 2007, 16:46   #2
BHPian

Cheers

That was a decent review, and sounds like u really had fun with that trip, and why not u had the right car with you,

140 is a good speed, but as you said it did wanted to push more, im not suprised with tht, my friend too has a baleno, similar color to urs, and it rips the road,

Cheers,

Have fun with the beast......
Old 2nd May 2007, 17:53   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

That was a very decent review...straight from the heart rather than from the mind .

Agree with you completely that it is the most underated car. Hope it wont tingle you after seeing the SX4 due later this month.
Old 2nd May 2007, 18:19   #4
BHPian

good review spider77,but do read through this thread to look after your car wellhttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning-car/19008-article-how-run-your-new-car.html
Old 2nd May 2007, 18:27   #5
BHPian

Good to know you have stared using the car more often now...I am very happy to see another good review on Baleno and another satisfied friend.
Old 2nd May 2007, 20:33   #6
BHPian

Thanks hormaz , mobike ,yogi, hellcat(Sanjeev).
yes i had great fun as we were 6 people in two cars one baleno and a palio and palio is being driven by one of my friend who is waiting fr 7th may as he is also planing to buy baleno i mean sx4.

yes mobike its surely a underrated car but i am happy that is gonna be back with new looks.. ofcourse they call it sx4 but then again its a replacement fr baleno

Thanks yogi fr that thread

And ya hellcat i have started using it more these days (following the advise u gave me..) and surely satisfied with the car. and hows your car doing with the new wheels ..Iam sure ur enjoyin it post the pics of ur car dude

Karan
Old 2nd May 2007, 21:12   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
good review spider77,but do read through this thread to look after your car wellhttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning-car/19008-article-how-run-your-new-car.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html
Old 2nd May 2007, 22:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider77 View Post
ofcourse they call it sx4 but then again its a replacement fr baleno
Its all new,..the engine,the interiors,..the chassis,..nothing big has been carried over from the old baleno.
Old 3rd May 2007, 09:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

hey spider

i ve heard people get more FE out of the baleno. wondering why you say only 10kmpl ?!

srik
Old 3rd May 2007, 09:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider77 View Post
.. though i think because of my tyre upgrade my meter readings r not correct..
I am confused , what do you mean by the above statement ??
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:16   #11
Team-BHP Support

10 to 12 kmpl is decent/honest mileage for bangalore city conditions for a regular driver.

OT: i saw a maroon baleno yday and it looked awesome
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:09   #12
BHPian

hi geeksrik
ya ur right ..people do get good FE. but i think the way way i ws pushing my car in 2nd gear could have effected in this drop..
Nikunj_cal
my tyre upgrade has reduced my tyre circumference i have upgraded to 15inch from 13incer but this one is low profile tyre which has resulted in nearly 1inch loss, and i think the tyre rotation is what adds to the meter reading, that means that when i say iam doing 140kmph i might be doing more or may be less ..not so sure.
Old 10th May 2007, 17:10   #13
BHPian

Quote:
my tyre upgrade has reduced my tyre circumference i have upgraded to 15inch from 13incer but this one is low profile tyre which has resulted in nearly 1inch loss, and i think the tyre rotation is what adds to the meter reading, that means that when i say iam doing 140kmph i might be doing more or may be less ..not so sure.

How do you mean the tyre upgrade has decreased the circumference, in my opinion the circumference has increased and this increase effectively translated to a positive error on the Speedo

If you are doing 140KMPH then defintely means you are doing a lesser speed
And if you are car is returning 10 KMPL then its giving you slightly lesser

BTW you got a nice car, I have a 2005 pearl silver baleno though I wanted a Maroon just like yours, it was'nt available then.
Old 10th May 2007, 17:55   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nice review !
What are the size specs of your tyres ?
Old 11th May 2007, 12:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
10 to 12 kmpl is decent/honest mileage for bangalore city conditions for a regular driver.
There are couple of T-BHPians, who own Baleno in BLR and extract more than 15 in city. Compared to that 10 appears far too less. Fuel quality/driving style/a.c./road conditions are few things that come to mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks