Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2007, 17:23   #31
BHPian

Awesome and well maintained car..
<<
EDIT: Guys just to add some info on buying decision. This is what I read - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...palio-s10.html and said to myself "Palio is my car!">>

Wow!! you are a second person to base your purchase decision after mine (I guess, amit will demand one more cheque from FIAT )
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-charges.html

You chose the FRed, I chose CYellow, but only thing is you got 85K discount, but I didn't..

Request you to share your knowledge on this Car's in & out for the benefit of fellow TBHP'ians..
Old 7th May 2007, 17:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Is it that hard to find? I have seen a good number of Palios with after-market alloys. Am sure competent dealers could source the same. Or is it?
My cousin had an aft mkt alloy with 98pcd drilled into them.. and it wobbles badly > 120 KMPH. So its not recommended.
Old 8th May 2007, 15:50   #33
BHPian

guys please dont fit anything otherthan 98 pcd alloys-i fitted 100pcd ones and am regretting big time,so much so that i have decided to go back to the oem alloys now!!all sort of problems have cropped up-the situation has given me sleep-less nights in the past!!

good review moralfibre-my 1.6 has done around 11400kms now,but am too lazy to type out a long-term review yaar!!keep enjoying!!
Old 8th May 2007, 15:54   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
guys please dont fit anything otherthan 98 pcd alloys-i fitted 100pcd ones and am regretting big time,so much so that i have decided to go back to the oem alloys now!!all sort of problems have cropped up-the situation has given me sleep-less nights in the past!!

good review moralfibre-my 1.6 has done around 11400kms now,but am too lazy to type out a long-term review yaar!!keep enjoying!!
Hey carfreak, I think you sold off the OEM alloys, didn't you? I think Hydra has a set of 98PCD alloys on his 1.2? I am not too sure though but read it somewhere on the forum itself.
Old 8th May 2007, 17:22   #35
BHPian

yes hydra does have 98pcd on his 1.2 but they are 15r.and if i am right they are HR,right hydra?
Old 8th May 2007, 18:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

Great review Kiran.

Didnt knew about the Goa feat, great drive man :-)

Your babe is one of the best shining cars I have come across, but please get a less dusty parking for her or get a cover, will save you lots of effort :-)

People you can know how much this guy loves his Palio as a mere mention of his Steed brings a twinkle in his eyes & a smile which he can hardly hide
Old 8th May 2007, 18:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
This is very weird. Dropped my car off for its 30,000 km service at Fortune Cars, Powai - yes it was orginally a Tata dealership - and there was a spanking new 1.6 Stile Sport - in black. Could not take pix, but rest assured, I shall have them by today evening.

Moral - long review - shows you love the car.
@TypeO, that's music to my ears! Please post pics and if possible a review(!) soon!

@Moral - yeah, your car's a beau and your comments clearly highlight how much you adore and care for her!
Old 9th May 2007, 23:43   #38
BHPian

@moralfibre-yeah you are right,i sold off my oe alloys(to none other than maxbhp!)and now i am going to buy a new set all over again.but first i will try to get a 98pcd alloy from the tyre shop here in ekm.

@payam-yes,hydrashock's running 15"HR alloys with 205/50r15 tyres.he was lucky to get 98pcd!
Old 10th May 2007, 12:02   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Here you go, Palio lovers. Considered Aura? They have atleast 13 designs available for the Palio in 98 PCD!!

Linky to Aura
Old 10th May 2007, 12:23   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Here you go, Palio lovers. Considered Aura? They have atleast 13 designs available for the Palio in 98 PCD!!

Linky to Aura
Yup considered them. Majority of them are 13 inch and the design pattern looks poorer than the stock rims IMO.
Old 11th May 2007, 00:03   #41
BHPian

problem with aura is that most of the designs for the palio are in 13".and almost all their designs lack flair!!anyway,thats what i feel.better than that would be to stick to the oe alloys.the floral pattern of the oe alloys is a turn-off but is a safer choice!!
Old 11th May 2007, 01:24   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey moral,
amazing review of your Sport.
Really mine ours after reading the review. Infat, at this point, i am trying to convince my parents to buy one more be it used or second hand but that is not coming out to well even though my dad is very fond of Fiats (specially the siena).
I remember seeing quite a few Palio 1.6's fitted with aftermaret alloys. One being the MKraft alloys and the other one being an electric blue one with amazing 15" alloys. But i don't know if they are 98PCD or not.
If i do find some intresting designs, i'll take some snaps and upload it here.
Cheers bro. Enjoy the car and don't ever let her go...... unless the upgrade happens to be the Grande Punto.
Old 11th May 2007, 08:17   #43
BHPian

Great review "nano"
You've just inspired me to get going with a review of my Palio 1.2 NV. I should be hitting the 10K in a month or so anyway. Would be a good time to post a review.
Old 12th May 2007, 03:16   #44
BHPian

Hey I'm late for the party.Nevertheless, that was a typical Palio Lover's report.Something to ponder on... Palio owners are palio lovers right? But unlike other cars, Palio is considered as a masculine machine....so that makes us............. Ahem, stupid thought that!HAHA, I guess the same goes for SX4 owners now.

Anyways, may your love affair with her/him last forever! Great report Kiran.Its funny actually,I thought your car might be heavily modded, atleast thats the first thing that came to my head when I saw the pictures of your car.I'm surprised its completely stock.Surprised because I've heard a lot about you helping others with their perfomance mods on Palios.

As for the alloys, here's a picture of the Alfa Romeo 147 hatch, with those telephone dial alloys :-

Its not a clear shot, but look closely and you will see the similarity.

Here's the Alfa 147 GTA ,but these are the "propah" telephone dial alloys :-

Lovely car, lovely wheels and even more lovely power - 250 bhp 3.2 L V6 and 338 BHP!! with Autodelta 3.7L V6.Probably the world's most powerful front wheel drive hatch (in stock form).But its an understeering bombshell!

Before going too much OT, I'd say these telephone alloys on the Palio do look hot when in motion, infact they are much better than the S10's alloys.

Last edited by roms : 12th May 2007 at 03:30.
Old 12th May 2007, 08:14   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I remember seeing quite a few Palio 1.6's fitted with aftermaret alloys. One being the MKraft alloys and the other one being an electric blue one with amazing 15" alloys. But i don't know if they are 98PCD or not.
I haven't seen MKraft alloys yet but knew MKraft to be a tuner from Bombay?

Quote:
If i do find some intresting designs, i'll take some snaps and upload it here.
Cheers bro. Enjoy the car and don't ever let her go...... unless the upgrade happens to be the Grande Punto.
Pls upload some snaps. It will be great help to all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
Great review "nano"
You've just inspired me to get going with a review of my Palio 1.2 NV. I should be hitting the 10K in a month or so anyway. Would be a good time to post a review.
I beat you to the 10k :-P. Now what on earth is "Nano"? Is it something from the meet day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Hey I'm late for the party.Nevertheless, that was a typical Palio Lover's report.Something to ponder on... Palio owners are palio lovers right? But unlike other cars, Palio is considered as a masculine machine....so that makes us............. Ahem, stupid thought that!HAHA, I guess the same goes for SX4 owners now.
Exactly. If you saw the latest video releases from Fiat they only talk about passion. I wish they get some passion themselves.

Quote:
Anyways, may your love affair with her/him last forever! Great report Kiran.Its funny actually,I thought your car might be heavily modded, atleast thats the first thing that came to my head when I saw the pictures of your car.I'm surprised its completely stock.Surprised because I've heard a lot about you helping others with their perfomance mods on Palios.
It indeed will unless of course the Grande Punto comes in with a 1.9 JTD and nothing less! But still this is the first car I bought with my own hard earned money and it will always remain my loved one.

Quote:
Before going too much OT, I'd say these telephone alloys on the Palio do look hot when in motion, infact they are much better than the S10's alloys.
I completely agree with you. I do not dislike the alloy wheel design. In fact as you said, it looks very nice when in motion. take a look at this picture taken by BSM for instance:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks