Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 12th June 2021, 11:57   #31
BHPian

Default Re: German Grandeur | My Mercedes-Benz C200 (W205)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnav612 View Post

-The spare wheel is ironically called a "Space saver" , and is a 135/30 R17 Continental tyre. Attaching a picture of the car wearing it.

Attachment 2165742
I never expected that a spare can spoil the look so badly especially for such a beauty.
Old 15th June 2021, 12:44   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnav612 View Post
In-Car Entertainment

The C Class uses the updated version of the Cockpit Management and Data System (COMAND). This version is codenamed the COMAND-APS NTG5.0 which was first introduced in the W222 S Class.
The W205 Pre-Facelift doesn't use COMAND system. It uses only Audio 20. To be precise it's called as Audio 20 5*2. If it used the COMAND system of W222 (again pre-facelift) then it should have 6 DVD changer and video playback possible. W205 pre-FL doesn't allow video playback.

The W205 FL is equipped with Audio 20 5.5 whereas W222 FL is equipped with COMAND ONLINE 5.5.

It is only in W206 the car truly gets the state-of-the-art MBUX.

It is still a great car to own with C250d being my personal favorite in the line-up.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th June 2021 at 12:47.
Old 15th July 2021, 15:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Superb review Arnab. One of the best and most detailed review of a Merc on t-bhp.

No car can match Mercedes w.r.t the design and quality of the interiors. W205/V213/W22 series of Mercedes cars still looks modern and elegant. These cars will go down into history matching the legacy of W214 in terms of its timeless design.

Keep us updated with more details of its maintenance and expenses (hope nothing comes ). It will help someone like me who is living with a dream of owning a 3 pointed star.
For sure. , I'll keep the thread updated. Glad you liked it. Mercedes has been hitting it out of the park with this generation of designs. The W124 is another league of Mercedes' peak engineering, and an idolised car for all Mercs today

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakashk8300 View Post
Super detailed review, Arnav!

Was a superb read, it's so crazy to see how much the W205 grew from the W204 and now the W206 will overtake it!

From one C to another!
Attachment 2166353
Hi Aakash. Read your W204 review- enjoyed it to bits to see like you rightly said, how much these cars have grown over time ! The W206 is a very very exciting car since the launch of the W223, and I'm so sure it'll take on the industry just like the 205 did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Globally, Mercedes is known to source German make Continentals as OEM. Personally, would prefer Michelin/Pirelli over Continental. Although I have observed the ContiSport on my W212 are super silent on tarmac and give a balanced handling/braking; Value for Money I would say.
Oh is it? I just replaced one of my tyres to continentals, there's not much of a difference in my opinion, but I'm sure to consider Michelin P3s as @Dr.AD recommended when the next tyre change is due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan181 View Post
Wow, What a detailed review Arnav612! Surprised to see that maintaining a Mercedes is actually affordable enough, who knew, this is sure the reason why I read ownership reviews and I’m really glad to see such a beauty on here.

Also, why Bridgestone turanzas? Why not Michelin’s? Wish they’d given a spare alloy rather than “safety spare” rims.

Cheers bro! Looking forward for more.
Hi Sharan, glad you liked the review. Maintaining it can be on either end of the spectrum, . Turanzas came with the car and there hasn't been much running worthy of a tyre change. Michelins will be considered next. And yes the spare tyre is an issue but since its a strap on they had to resort to a smaller size I believe. The E Class facelift has it even worse since they've covered the entire boot underneath which there's the spare tyre- barely 2 medium suitcase space left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
I never expected that a spare can spoil the look so badly especially for such a beauty.
oh tell me about it! look like a handicap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkar View Post
The W205 Pre-Facelift doesn't use COMAND system. It uses only Audio 20. To be precise it's called as Audio 20 5*2. If it used the COMAND system of W222 (again pre-facelift) then it should have 6 DVD changer and video playback possible. W205 pre-FL doesn't allow video playback.

The W205 FL is equipped with Audio 20 5.5 whereas W222 FL is equipped with COMAND ONLINE 5.5.

It is only in W206 the car truly gets the state-of-the-art MBUX.

It is still a great car to own with C250d being my personal favorite in the line-up.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Hi rajkar - thank you for correcting me, I had it edited.
Arnav612 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed