Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2007, 21:11   #76
Team-BHP Support

well guys took the car to the guys there and gave them a piece of my mind. The HM rep here in bangalore also got a earful via phone. He had instructed these guys to take care of my case till I was satisfied. He will be personally coming to inspect my car sometime next week to make sure they have taken care of all aspects.

Anyways told them about the brake shuddering and they opened up the assembly to check the new rotors. After examining with the measurement gauge found that the brand new right rotor was bent which was resulting in the pulsation upon braking. So the right rotor was again replaced and checked with the gauge to be found to be ok. took a longish TD and found the pulsation was gone and the braking has definitely improved.

Next the gear issue. Well as per them the clutch was new and some crap about some teeth grinding that's why the vibration filtering through. Anyways I dint buy that and told them to check it.

they hoisted the car up and removed the engine mount from below. There are 3 huge bolts which adjust the play in the transmission. each bolt is for some gears. there's a single bolt for 3rd and fourth one for 1st I think. Thes bolts are on the transmission box only accesible after removing the mount. these bolts are different as they have a ball bearing at the tip.

Well these bolts are fixed using washers on them generally default only 1. they claim that due to wear and tear they generally have to adjust these by adding another washer. So now I have 2 washers on all the 3 bolts. Well the result is in a very light gear shift, it just glides into any gear. The vibration hasnt exactly gone but reduced after these. they claim due to the new clutch the geometry has changed and that's why it vibrates.

The thing is each gear when slotted in has some play like few mm play in the gear shift which it moves about. Now If i dont rest my hand on the gear stick it doesnt vibrate, whereas if i rest my hand on it the stick moves around by that few mm and the gears start touching or something and i feel that grrrr grrrr from the stick. Guess i need to get used to not resting the lever now.

Anyways other than that the car is good to drive now. Next step is cleaning of K&N and switch to synthetic after engine flush.
Old 12th May 2007, 21:39   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quite an experience dude. Was thinking of taking my Lancer to an HM workshop for some repairs. Am having second thoughts now!
Need to find a good workshop (as mentioned by others in this thread), buy the parts from HM and get the work done in this other place...
Old 13th May 2007, 02:24   #78
elf
BANNED

The damn HM fools refuse to sell you parts. I tried.

Hence:
1. You cannot buy aftermarket parts & tell them to fix it.
2. You cannot buy parts from them & get them fitted in a garage of your choice.
Old 13th May 2007, 02:56   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
The damn HM fools refuse to sell you parts. I tried.
It's not just them Elfy, most authorise service stations now refuse to sell you parts over the counter. Unless, of course you know them well where they do make exceptions but that's rare.
Old 13th May 2007, 03:07   #80
elf
BANNED

Logically, they should sell you parts officially. They can include a disclaimer on the invoice itself, or if they're really finicky, they could have you sign a disclaimer form saying that no warranty would be available on the purchased / replaced part, and that the company would not be held liable under any circumstances for any failure or injury arising out of usage / replacement of the said part.

At least that would kill the darned grey market.

This way, it's a sorta apne pair pe kulhadee maarna situation - they're killing the most profitable part of their business - the post warranty after sales & service.

In their defence, though, I must add that their labour rates, for the level of knowledge & tools they utilize, are fabulous. At least those of Mitsubishi/HM, Maruti & Hyundai.
Old 13th May 2007, 10:10   #81
Team-BHP Support

Tell me about the labour rates. One of my rear bumper clips had become loose after getting tapped by an auto. I just asked them to realign the bumper back.

I see in my bill Refixed bumper labour Rs.550!!!!!!!
Old 13th May 2007, 10:19   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Tell me about the labour rates. One of my rear bumper clips had become loose after getting tapped by an auto. I just asked them to realign the bumper back.

I see in my bill Refixed bumper labour Rs.550!!!!!!!

I think they are trying to milk an ageing cow......550/- labour charges alone sounds ridiculous for re-aligning a bumper
Old 13th May 2007, 10:26   #83
Team-BHP Support

hehehe. that's actually what's written on their price sheet for labour. bumper fixing charges Rs.550.

I need to follow up these rates with the HM guys at chennai. I've never heard hyundai/maruti charge for aligning a bumper at the time of service.
Old 14th May 2007, 22:10   #84
Team-BHP Support

its same everywhere, dealers take people for a ride, fix two mud flaps held by plastic snap on clips for 69 Rs was i got from maruti.

vid just saw all these happening, anyways hope things are ok after the fiasco.
Old 14th May 2007, 22:14   #85
Team-BHP Support

yeah jaggu, the car feels really nice now. Am enjoying to drive her once again. I'll post up fresh pics this weekend after I wash and 3M polish her this weekend.

The gears feel nice and can get actually let the clutch go at 1200rpm from start to get her moving without any shudder.

You can slot her in a higher gear very easily and I'm sure my mileage is back to double digits.

The brakes feel really good nice grab.

After the suspension tightening even the handling is taught.

Now am thinking of ICE upgrade.
Old 14th May 2007, 22:19   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Time for the Sam, Navin & friends to begin their assault
This'll be fun!
Old 14th May 2007, 23:42   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

An ICE upgrade? What did you inhale recently? Get some engine work done instead - unless you have the Gandhis to do both at the same time.
Old 14th May 2007, 23:47   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
An ICE upgrade? What did you inhale recently? Get some engine work done instead - unless you have the Gandhis to do both at the same time.
He is better off with an ICE upgrade.. Speed is not for him... Wasted my time talking to him about a MIVEC..(Yes..this is meant to provoke )

Godfather
Old 14th May 2007, 23:54   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
He is better off with an ICE upgrade.. Speed is not for him... Wasted my time talking to him about a MIVEC

I know. I just had to sound politically correct for his sake
Old 14th May 2007, 23:56   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After the suspension tightening even the handling is taught.

Taught ??? don't you mean something else ? Exactly how did they tighten your suspension & i am curious to know about the suspension bushes too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks