Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2007, 02:48   #91
BHPian

I recently went to TATA dealer in ghaziabad to enquire abt safari 2.2. Since the car hasn't arrived to their showroom they took my number and said they will give me a call as soon it arrives. Today I got a call from them and to my surprise they asked me if I was looking for an indica DLS.
Isn't this crazy?? Can't they differentiate between an Indica and safari

After going through the post and and the experience of testdrive, (plus my little exp) the after sales issue apparently seems to be from the dealer end and not actually the TATA motors.

This in my view is because of the fact that these dealers sells more Indica than safari's. and u all know mostly indica owners are cabbies/travel agents (who really don't care abt the aftersales service as they all prefer a local garage than the company service stations to save that little extra bucks)

However TATA is also at the fault (atleast 20% if not 100%) for this pathetic after sales as they should teach there dealers to differentiate between a cab owner and an Individual owner. (An indica and a safari atleast)
Old 16th October 2007, 11:09   #92
BHPian

planning to Reclaim Your Life !

I've had a good share of bad experience both with the Dealer and Tata Motors. They lack the attitude to provide customers a decent service. Their standards are way too low - no wonder they are ranked the lowest by JD Power. The sad bit is they are not making any visible efforts to improve. They only pay attention if you create noise - even then their response is not adequate.

Incidently, the oil leakage on my Safari has started again. I dont have the energy or the patience to deal with them. I would not recommend any Tata product - specially the 2.2

If you're planning to reclaim your life...TATA WILL CLAIM YOUR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I recently went to TATA dealer in ghaziabad...
Old 16th October 2007, 12:06   #93
BHPian

Hey, that's bad news, now what are they saying?
Old 16th October 2007, 12:29   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdrive View Post
I've had a good share of bad experience both with the Dealer and Tata Motors. They lack the attitude to provide customers a decent service. Their standards are way too low - no wonder they are ranked the lowest by JD Power. The sad bit is they are not making any visible efforts to improve. They only pay attention if you create noise - even then their response is not adequate.

Incidently, the oil leakage on my Safari has started again. I dont have the energy or the patience to deal with them. I would not recommend any Tata product - specially the 2.2

Just a hunch testdrive, can you ask them to check the alternator linkage? The leak could be from the alternator. Its very hard to detect.
Old 16th October 2007, 13:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

@testdrive... Sorry to hear abt the leak buddy. Are they not changing the engine as they said the previous time?
Old 16th October 2007, 13:24   #96
Senior - BHPian

testdrive,
very sad news indeed

why dont you sue TATA for all this,i know its been more than the word long,so consult some legal guy to settle this for once and all.
Old 12th November 2007, 17:57   #97
Senior - BHPian

Testdrive,

Please share if you have updates. Did the problem get resolved or you have given up on it ?
Old 12th November 2007, 18:45   #98
Senior - BHPian

testdrive, I read your complete oil leakage problem, and I guess Dhingra motors as good for nothing, when it comes to service.

I suggest you give it one more shot at Gurgaon Car Scanner, which is TASC in Gurgaon. I am surprised how you missed it.

For last 2 yrs I am getting my indica serviced from them. Owner is a very nice guy and you can talk to him directly.

If you are interested, I can PM you his cell and you can talk to him befoe you go.

Quote:

Old 15th November 2007, 16:06   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faisalmagnet View Post
which is the most powerfull bulb suitable for safari 2.2?pls reply friends...try to add price also....

Bulbs in safari are H4 60/55V.
please read the following threads
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...-h4-bulbs.html
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:17   #100
BHPian

Second Service - 11500kms update

Clocked 11500kms on the odo recently. Took the Safari for its second free service.

Here's how the Job card looked like:
- Regular service: cleaned air / fuel filter etc.
- No oil change required (as oil was changed FOC at 6500kms).
- Check excessive black smoke
- Check oil leakage (yes! its still leaking for those of you who are following this thread)
- Check for door rattle
- Adjust parking brake

Here's what was carried out by Dhingra Motors:
- Regular service / cleaning done
- Cleaned catalytic convertor
- Checked oil leakage and tightened oil sump nuts

Total cost of service Rs.250
- Coolant topup (1/2 ltr) = Rs.75
- Catalytic convertor cleanup = Rs.150
- Tax / VAT = Rs.25

Got back the vehicle in record time... 4 hrs flat!

On a different note...
Got the headlight bulbs changed to Philips BlueVision 100/90w (cost Rs.900 a pair). Planning to upsize the tyres to Yokohama Geolander 255/65R16 (~Rs.6300/tyre). Negotiating for the right price for the existing bridgestone 235/70R16 (~Rs.3000-3500/tyre) - hopefully should finalize the deal this weekend.
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:36   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Check oil leakage (yes! its still leaking for those of you who are following this thread)
@testdrive,i recently came to know about a guy at Nawab Motors who has a white safari and had the same problem as yours.

he dumped the vehicle at the workshop and escalated the issue with higher TATA authorities.

TATA then sent a new engine for him .

Try to put some pressure on them,lets see if things work out
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:47   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
@testdrive,i recently came to know about a guy at Nawab Motors who has a white safari and had the same problem as yours.

he dumped the vehicle at the workshop and escalated the issue with higher TATA authorities.

TATA then sent a new engine for him .

Try to put some pressure on them,lets see if things work out
Tata had already agreed to replace the engine few months back... but i think that should be the last option as changing the engine is a big job. I dont trust the TASS guys to do a good job.
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:48   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. How big is the leak, a few drops in a day or a lot more than that ?
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:54   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tata had already agreed to replace the engine few months back... but i think that should be the last option as changing the engine is a big job. I dont trust the TASS guys to do a good job.
@Testdrive

the guys who got the engine changed is happy now and its been more than a year and half since the engine change cos this guy was one of the first owners of Dicor.

and its no harm if the problem is rectified for ever as they will change the engine badge to the one which you have now.

just my suggestion,rest is your wish
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:54   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Sorry to hear that. How big is the leak, a few drops in a day or a lot more than that ?
The oil leakage is few drops in a day! Atleast that is what's visible underneath the engine where the vehicle is usually parked. There might be more while the vehicle is on the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks