Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2023, 17:53   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review

My jet is almost at the same level as yours 8.5years and 80k kms old. Thanks to you, i have started using xp95 and my car feel likes a new car now. So thanks for that.

Recently changed rear disc and brakes. Just glad that fiat is still able to source spares for the jet.

I had MRF Perfinza tyres for some time now and planning to get Conti UC6.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 17:41   #77
BHPian

re: Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review

My Linea TJet will hit 14 in this Nov (the absolute 1st version, one of the 1st 2 in Pune) .
It has been a pleasure reading your post. All the best for breaking into 1lakh KMs club.
Bazinga is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 19:57   #78
BHPian

Some updates after a while

After doing marathon runs in last couple of years, it was time for parts replacement as mentioned in earlier posts.

1. Got the (four)spark plugs and couple of coils changed in February. They lasted for around 40k kms or even more since I don’t remember getting it changed ever.

Cost around 6k

Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5055.jpeg
Old one
Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5057.jpeg

New one
Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5056.jpeg

2. Ditto for brake pads. Not sure when the front ones were replaced. Got it replaced along with disc skimming.

Cost around 8k
Old pads
Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5379.jpeg

Disc condition
Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5380.jpeg

New pads
Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5385.jpeg

Skimmed disc
Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5386.jpeg

Gabriel ones
Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5382.jpeg

3. Car started making a strange sound one fine day. On checking, it was a broken clamp from a turbo inlet hose. Got it welded.

Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5250.jpeg

4. Left Strut mount was making screeching noises in parking speeds. Got it replaced.

Cost around 2k

Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5381.jpeg

Running is reduced to just office and back and hence odometer inched ahead to 886XX kms. A measly 1300 kms in last 3 and a half months.

Pending items
Tires and battery still remains. I am planning to get those replaced soon.

One thing for sure is getting Michelin is quite impossible. Checked with multiple dealers and they are mostly pushing for Yokohama BlueEarth GT. The price quoted is ₹8900 per tyre with alignment and balancing thrown in for free. There is 5 year unconditional warranty as well.

Continental UC6 is at ₹9200 per tire with 2 year unconditional warranty.

I will update the thread accordingly.
abhi_tjet is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 13:03   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
One thing for sure is getting Michelin is quite impossible. Checked with multiple dealers and they are mostly pushing for Yokohama BlueEarth GT. The price quoted is ₹8900 per tyre with alignment and balancing thrown in for free. There is 5 year unconditional warranty as well.

I will update the thread accordingly.
Check out the MRF Perfinza as well, I have it on my Linea MJD, pretty happy with it.
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 13:49   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Checked with multiple dealers and they are mostly pushing for Yokohama BlueEarth GT. The price quoted is ₹8900 per tyre with alignment and balancing thrown in for free. There is 5 year unconditional warranty as well.

As far I know, only JK, Ceat and Apollo Amazer brand tyres have unconditional warranty. BHPian RubberGuru who is in the business confirmed this here (Hyundai Alcazar Review).

No other brand provides unconditional warranty at the OEM level.

Soft compound tyres and unconditional warranty don't go together.

Continental UC6 are great, they are Michelin P4ST on a lower budget. I've used them for 27K on the S-Cross when the car was sold with still life in it.
narayans80 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 09:09   #81
BHPian

Got the below fancy number on odo two days before while returning from office - 88888
Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5455.jpeg

Tjet is now 9 year and 4 months old. This is the first time any of our vehicle has reached this figure. All our cars/two wheelers were scraped/sold well before the odo reached somewhere in vicinity of 80’s. Only my father’s M800 crossed the 80000 mark and it took almost 2 decade for that.

Continuing with the updates, finally installed the driver side sunvisor. This is how official mopar service kept it. No proper box with no manufacturing or MRP details
Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5398.jpeg

Price - ₹5k. Probably the reason why I delayed the purchase.

Installed it on my own when found that they are gonna charge me labour for just tightening one screw
Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5397.jpeg

Also, there can’t be a visit to Mopar, Pune with no comments on their inefficiency. The place was small in 2015 and it’s worse in 2023. I was there for around 20-25 mts for buying the visor. They moved my car around 4-5 time during that time to make space!
Also, any time a technician has to move a car inside premise, they move 1-2 car to make space. This happens continuously during their working hours! Imagine the load on starter motor, alternator, etc.

End of rant.

I also got the battery changed with the same spec which I had earlier from Amaron. It comes with 48 months warranty. Also, it costed me same as it costed my father 4 years ago- ₹4300

Tires are the major expense still pending which will be done sooner than later.
abhi_tjet is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 11:23   #82

Quote:
Tjet is now 9 year and 4 months old. This is the first time any of our vehicle has reached this figure. All our cars/two wheelers were scraped/sold well before the odo reached somewhere in vicinity of 80’s. Only my father’s M800 crossed the 80000 mark and it took almost 2 decade for that...
Thanks for the update Sir. I was wondering if we could also get the passenger side sun visor? Last year when I checked , I was informed that Fiat has stopped manufacturing it. Also, do you have any idea if Linea mudguards are available?

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by graaja : 7th May 2023 at 11:30. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only the relevant bits of a post.
FiFo_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 11:58   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiFo_ View Post
passenger side sun visor….., I was informed that Fiat has stopped manufacturing it. Also, do you have any idea if Linea mudguards are available?
Sun-visors for both side was in stock with Mopar service here in Pune. It was unavailable during the year 2020-2021 and was in backlog.
Alternatively, you can check with 99rpm.com.

For now, the sun-visor is being shown in stock and you can check as per your car’s variant. Also, looks like the mudflaps aren’t in stock .

Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5464.png

You can check once with your local dealership as well as 99rpm.com for both the parts.
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 12:06   #84

Quote:
Sun-visors for both side was in stock with Mopar service here in Pune. It was unavailable during the year 2020-2021 and was in backlog.
Hmm, that is weird. I was on the lookout for it for a long time in 99rpm as well but now it seems to be available. The parts availability of Fiat is really strange. Anyway, thank you Sir.
FiFo_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 10:33   #85
BHPian

90000 kms update
Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-dd0cf61ee7da47539c01af1cff19e91e.jpeg

Linea has completed 9 years and 5 months of ownership today and crossed the 90k mark a couple of days ago. Totally blissful, I must say.

Regarding usage -
Last 10k took 9 months. It took me 6 months to move from 87000 to 90000. Only office commutes in recent times.

Office commutes is also leading to a dismal range of 350-370 kms before I can safely refuel.

Regarding maintenance -
One of the engine mount is looking shaky and will get it replaced in annual service. I will get the other two checked as well.

As updated in relevant thread, I have moved to Continental UC6 in OEM size and covered 1k kms in last 3 weeks. I am happy.

Washed the beauty last weekend anticipating the milestone
Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5606.jpeg

Covered it as well…
Live, Laugh, Linea (T-JET) @ 100K km | A decade with Fiat Linea T-Jet | Ownership review-img_5607.jpeg

Only to get dirty on 30th May’s heavy downpour in Hinjewadi. It took 2 hours for me to reach home. . Didn’t took pics.

Still hoping to cross the big figure on odo this year itself.
abhi_tjet is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 06:40   #86

Hello Abi, firstly congrats for your maintenance. Car looks beautiful.

Secondly, have you replaced mount struts from original OEM? Because for my Punto Hyd Fiat service are not scoring interest in replacing because there is some issue in OEM part itself.

After replacing do you still get the sound from the shocks side?
Old 6th June 2023, 11:21   #87

Hi,

We (my brother and I) are facing issue regarding strut mounts with our 2019 Linea T-Jet Petrol for quite some time and we have taken the matter with the consumer court (we are that much fed up with the Fiat and Landmark ). The main issue is: Clicking sounds while turning the steering. The nearest Fiat service centre (Landmark) from our home is 250kms away and even while giving them our Linea multiple times the same issue rises again and again.

Can anybody tell what strut mounts to use (as the Fiat's original faults within few kms)? Or any other solution?
Old 6th June 2023, 13:15   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by century View Post
Hi,

We (my brother and I) are facing issue regarding strut mounts with our 2019 Linea T-Jet Petrol for quite some time and we have taken the matter with the consumer court (we are that much fed up with the Fiat and Landmark ). The main issue is: Clicking sounds while turning the steering. The nearest Fiat service centre (Landmark) from our home is 250kms away and even while giving them our Linea multiple times the same issue rises again and again.

Can anybody tell what strut mounts to use (as the Fiat's original faults within few kms)? Or any other solution?
New OEM Strut mounts are defective and make such click click sounds when turning but otherwise run fine. You need to get hold of an old strut mount and disassemble it's top bearing and mount it on the new elastic pad(strut mount). If you have a good FNG or a mechanic knows Fiats he can do this job.
trinity0114 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 18:55   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun7774 View Post
Hello Abi, firstly congrats for your maintenance. Car looks beautiful.
Thank you

Quote:
After replacing do you still get the sound from the shocks side?
Quote:
Originally Posted by century View Post

Yes, there was some problem last year and the strut pads were indeed defective. However, the recent ones are good. I too got the left side strut pad changed for my car. Steering turns are smooth again. Refer to my post from 15th April.
I will advise to check once with 99 rpm.com. In case of not getting a satisfactory response, I can share my FNG detail and you can check if he can ship the part.
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 19:24   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity0114 View Post
New OEM Strut mounts are defective and make such click click sounds when turning but otherwise run fine. You need to get hold of an old strut mount and disassemble it's top bearing and mount it on the new elastic pad(strut mount). If you have a good FNG or a mechanic knows Fiats he can do this job.
Does any sort of lubrication help? Also have you clocked significant miles after this fix? I am facing this issue with my new strut mounts and I still have my old ones with me. I am not able to figure out the proper reason for this issue. My previous set ran fine for around 9 years. The new ones were changed 2 months ago and they've started making noise even before clocking 1000kms.

Incidentally, I saw a video on Youtube where a mechanic mentioned that the strut mount bearings in Fiats should be oriented in a way that the reinforced part of the bearing ( a section of the PU casing ring with no holes) should come in contact with the coil spring otherwise the mounts will eventually make noise.

Even the stock factory mounts were troublesome in my car and had to be replaced under warranty sometime in 2013. But those replacement mounts lasted for 10 years without much issues. 2 months ago I installed new shocks (OES for Abarth to retain low GC setup) with new OEM Strut mounts. The ride is perfect now but the noise is irritating.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks