Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 15:07   #91
BHPian

Hey Bottle,
i saw your car today at Concorde at the washing bay.Those guys were really doing good work on polishing the engine bay.I went there to repair my SIENA 1.2

Vignesh
1.2 Siena ELX
Old 4th August 2008, 17:18   #92
Senior - BHPian

^haha yeah it was in for 3rd service. maybe will do a write up later

hope your sienna is fine now ?

@luvjascha

sorry but i missed your posts here, hope i was able to clarify your questions in the other tyre thread.

Last edited by bottle : 4th August 2008 at 17:21.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:41   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
hope i was able to clarify your questions in the other tyre thread.
You sure did

Is it true, like someone someone pointed out, that the 1.6 returns a better mileage with regular unleaded than something with higher octane levels like Extra Premium ?
Old 4th August 2008, 18:51   #94
Senior - BHPian

Not sure , got pretty similar mileage with both. With the varying quality of fuel here who knows what works and what doesnt
Old 5th August 2008, 22:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

3rd Service Update

Just an update. A year ago after I had met with an accident and I had to get the front right a door replaced. Sadly paint work on the front door was really badly done and after a few months became really dull like matte finish and also there were wrinkles on the paint near the top edge of the door.

Got my Fiat Palio Stile 1.6. EDIT : 58k done-p1010005-medium.jpg
Got my Fiat Palio Stile 1.6. EDIT : 58k done-p1010008-medium.jpg
Got my Fiat Palio Stile 1.6. EDIT : 58k done-p1010010-medium.jpg

So contacted Vikram , a brand manager who I met some time ago at Concorde and asked if there was any warranty on the work done and he asked me to get back the car and they would redo the whole door FOC. Great

So took in the vehicle and at the same time since it had been about 7 months from the last service and about 14k asked them to do the 3rd service as well.

After showing the door to the body shop person later spoke to a service advisor about some concerns I had with the car. Literally gave a A4 sheet of things I wanted looked at, mostly rattles and squeaks I needed looking at and some screws loose here and there. Also the handbrake light stayed on all the time even when it wasnt engaged. (This reoccured again just half an hour after I left the service )

Gave it in on a Wednesday and was promised delivery on Saturday. A bit long but I didnt mind. Finally though I only got it on Monday.

Service was more or less routine , a few of the a/c vents were broken and there was a screw cap that was broken by service people so they have put that on order and should be here next week.

Body Shop Work

Door paint work was quite good this time and was impressed which somewhat faded the next day since there was something that looked like bubbles and was even more disappointed by what looked like dust on the car is actually paint dust that doesnt go off even when wiped and it is all over the windscreen too affecting visibility as well Am planning to take the car again tomorrow and see if something can be done but am a bit apprehensive about this and hope they can do something about it. Will post an update tomorrow.

Here is a copy of the service costs , posting for the benefit of luvjascha. The last item is some Bardhal additive that the service advisor seemed pretty keen to sell to me.

Got my Fiat Palio Stile 1.6. EDIT : 58k done-3rd-service.jpg
Old 5th August 2008, 22:34   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
there was something that looked like bubbles and was even more disappointed by what looked like dust on the car is actually paint dust that doesnt go off even when wiped and it is all over the windscreen too affecting visibility as well
Ravin, It can be buffed out. Should be carefullly done on the metal since care should be taken to cut just the paint overspray.
Chill!
Old 5th August 2008, 22:42   #97
Senior - BHPian

^ thanks

Also for those who are intersted a single headlight for Palio costs Rs.6400/-
Old 5th August 2008, 22:56   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Also for those who are intersted a single headlight for Palio costs Rs.6400/-
Man! thats pretty costly. The older headlight assembly used to cost 1800/-. Guess the price would come down as they start selling more palios.
Old 8th August 2008, 15:47   #99
Senior - BHPian

Another update, gave my car in at Concorde to clean the paint spots and they asked me to leave the car there as well so that they can check why the hand brake light stayed on all the time.

Got a call today saying that some part (forgot the name) or the brake booster was leaking fluid which is why the handbrake light is on all the time

they have placed an order for the part and the vehicle should be back on Monday.
Old 11th September 2008, 00:41   #100
Senior - BHPian

Sorry forgot to update got the car after a month or so to get the brake booster replaced wasnt really in a mood to to any write up then.

for now got some seat covers. took some pics but the lighting was a bit wierd so will post more once i get some taken during the day
Attached Thumbnails
Got my Fiat Palio Stile 1.6. EDIT : 58k done-dscn0438.jpg  

Got my Fiat Palio Stile 1.6. EDIT : 58k done-dscn0440.jpg  

Old 11th September 2008, 06:03   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Sorry forgot to update got the car after a month or so to get the brake booster replaced wasnt really in a mood to to any write up then.

Can you please update more on this,brake booster replaced ??
Was It Paid ?
Old 11th September 2008, 08:23   #102
Senior - BHPian

nope it was replaced under warranty , apparently it was leaking and caused the hand brake light to be on all the time as a warning
Old 18th September 2008, 20:22   #103
Senior - BHPian

Nice seats, Bottle!

Some tips from previous experience: Make sure you over the front & rear seat backs & bottoms with a towel or something when you give the car for service. (Wrap them around the front seats, including the head-rests, and secure them firmly). Or you'll have a lot of grease stains to remove. The top RHS corner of the doorpads of the driver's door will also get dirty. So will the part of the door-pad just under the (inner) door-handle. They can't be easily protected, so make sure you clean them as soon as you get back home after service.
Old 18th September 2008, 22:52   #104
Senior - BHPian

Thanks hydra, one of the concorde branches here uses plastic covers for seats and steering wheel so was thinking i wouldnt have to worry but will take precautions in case anyway

Was suffering a lot from grease stains inside car, after fitting seats they were looking quite bad on the pillars and all next to the clean seats so used a combo of vanish stain remover (powder) and surf diluted in a mug of water and sponged all the stains and they came right off

Last edited by bottle : 18th September 2008 at 22:56.
Old 18th September 2008, 23:26   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle
apparently it was leaking and caused the hand brake light to be on all the time as a warning
Its not the 'handbrake' light glowing in this instance. Its the 'brake malfunction warning' light.
It probably confused since both are one and the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks