Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2023, 19:20   #46
BHPian

Need suggestions before I go ahead with a preowned car

Hi team, Newbie here as a member, been following TBHP as a viewer/reader since a long time.

Since this being one of the most active threads around the 3rd gen city, posting a query here. I did mention about buying a preowned city and after reading very good experiences about it all over I had made up my mind (although no such requirement for an additional car but the 3rd gen has been a dream since childhood). I engaged a team to look for a city that fits my criteria (2012/13, odo less than 50k, first owner, non accidental and detailed service history. After 3 weeks of search 4 options were shortlisted, after test driving them the one that I liked the most was the one that had 99k on its odo. The team recommended this is the one to consider.

Details -
Honda City VMT

First owner
Color - Carnelian Red Pearl
Pune passing
September 2012 model
Insurance till Sept 2023
Genuine 99k kms done
21 Periodic maintenance history (all with Authorized Service center)
16 general repair (all with Authorized Service center)
Front and back Bumper repainted
Right rear quarter panel (dent and paint, no replacement of part)
Clutch will last another 30k (dealer says its replaced, a friend who is into preowned cars business says it may not be replaced but will last 30k)
Discs will last another 12-15k
Earth 1 installed in 2020, will last another 12-15k
Good seat covers
No accidental claims
Front suspensions were replaced (not sure when, but they are not the ones that came with the vehicle)
dashboard will be painted black, gear lever leather will be changed alongwith new battery (all by dealer in the cost)
No errors on OBD scan

Being the top end model car has
Cruise control
Front fog lamps
Chrome handle bars
Alloy wheels
Dual airbags and abs
There’s no loan on the car

Dealer asking price 3.9,
My friend gave the go ahead. The service centre confirmed no recommendations on the last service and history looks good too.

Since being my first purchase I wanted to ensure is there anything I should be looking for apart from what I shared above? Thinking of getting details for (General repair) records.

Apologies if I missed a rule while posting this.
Attached Thumbnails
3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up-img20230214wa0015.jpg  

3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up-img20230214wa0026.jpg  

3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up-img20230214wa0021.jpg  

3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up-img20230214wa0010.jpg  

3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up-img20230214wa0012.jpg  

3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up-img20230214wa0011.jpg  

3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up-img20230214wa0009.jpg  

3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up-img20230214wa0006.jpg  

3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up-img20230214wa0000.jpg  

3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up-img20230214wa0001.jpg  

3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up-img20230214wa0002.jpg  

3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up-img20230214wa0042.jpg  

3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up-img20230214wa0035.jpg  

3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up-img20230214wa0046.jpg  

3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up-img20230214wa0044.jpg  

Old 28th February 2023, 14:06   #47
BHPian

Re: Need suggestions before I go ahead with a preowned car

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie_honda View Post
My friend gave the go ahead. The service centre confirmed no recommendations on the last service and history looks good too.

Since being my first purchase I wanted to ensure is there anything I should be looking for apart from what I shared above? Thinking of getting details for (General repair) records.
Third Generation city was and still the best packaged Honda city IMHO.
Mine is exactly the same model from November 2012. Last year was contemplating replacing it with some higher segment car. However on Deep analysis it was concluded that the car punches far too high above its weight. Have provided detailed ownership experience in below thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...y-3rd-gen.html (10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen))

In 10 years of ownership the car has never disappointed.

As mentioned by you. If the car is serviced till date only at HASS, then go for it. Nurse it like a baby and it will keep you happy for at least another 5 years.

P.S. - Try to Bargain a bit as 99K on the ODO is quite a high mileage. Was getting a quote of 3.3 lacs on my Honda city which had 1 lacs on the Odometer.
Old 28th February 2023, 18:14   #48
BHPian

Re: Need suggestions before I go ahead with a preowned car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER-ARROW View Post
Third Generation city was and still the best packaged Honda city IMHO.
Mine is exactly the same model from November 2012. Last year was contemplating replacing it with some higher segment car. However on Deep analysis it was concluded that the car punches far too high above its weight. Have provided detailed ownership experience in below thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...y-3rd-gen.html (10 years & 100,000 km of ownership | 2012 Honda City (3rd-Gen))

In 10 years of ownership the car has never disappointed.

As mentioned by you. If the car is serviced till date only at HASS, then go for it. Nurse it like a baby and it will keep you happy for at least another 5 years.

P.S. - Try to Bargain a bit as 99K on the ODO is quite a high mileage. Was getting a quote of 3.3 lacs on my Honda city which had 1 lacs on the Odometer.

Thank you for your response. Yes I had been through your experience and others, it was motivating and helped me fall flat in love with the 3rd gen.

I agree 100%, made the decision yesterday and the car is home now. Couldn't resist taking her all the way up to 90 in 2nd and she handled it with grace and the soothing sound to ears were great. With that, yes I am going to handle her with care, tried bargaining but maybe they made out that I was already fixated my eyes all over the car they didn't budge and I didn't push harder. They offered labor free service for 2 years at their service station.
indie_honda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 01:44   #49
BHPian

Re: 3rd-gen Honda City Ownership Review | 11 years, 1 lakh km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNG-motorhead View Post
Makes sense, just wondering what should be the best way to source them and get them installed in Bangalore.
@BNG please let me know if you found a way to source tein suspensions in Bangalore, I too am keen on replacing mine.
speedracer05 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks