Team-BHP - 1 Year / 9500km Fiat Petra ELX report
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   1 Year / 9500km Fiat Petra ELX report (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/24713-1-year-9500km-fiat-petra-elx-report.html)

HI all

I got third free service of my car done yesteday in Samyak and decided to post my one year experience with my car.

Well I never planned to buy a sedan. I had decided to buy either Xeta or Fiat Palio ELX in May -June 2006. Ihad a test drive of the two cars. I liked both, however, I found Palio a little underpowered with Ac on and four persons sitting. Still decided to go for. Then a friend of mine bought Baleno at a mouth watering on road price of 5L. I was a little tempted and dropped the idea of buying car. The Vivek sales guys lured me with Petra and offered comparable price, had a test drive and liked it. He brought done the ex showroom cost to 4.6L but there was catch; the car was 2005 June make. After a lot of survey, feedbacks, I finally bought it in June 2006/
Colour Silver
Petra ELX
Vivek Auto, Delhi.

I have a mixed experience so far.
Driven till date: 9500 km
all three free service done
total maintenance cost: Rs. 1200/-
FE: best 13 kmpl worst 9 kmpl; average: 11 kmpl; normally city driving - delhi - noida etc ; mixed AC usage; I can say with 100% Ac in city it gives only 10kmpl;
Went to Dehradun / Hardwar (fully loaded, mixed AC usage); avg: 12kmpl

Dealership experience: mixed; I got my registration paper in the month of OCt 06 (delhi - noida issue)

the worst part was I faced couple of quality related issues in the car:
1. I found oil seepage problem under the clutch after second service;then I noticed clutch slippage problem; I referred it to the Samyak (As I came to know he is the best for *** in NCR); It was attended; an oil seal in the gear box assembly was leaking leading to oil in the clutch assembly and finally damaged the clutch plates; it was replaced free of cost.

2. Anotjer oil leakage problem; a damaged oil seal in teh engine housing; required two days to repair

All these in brand new cars. My initial enthusiasm was a little slowed.

despite all thses issues, I am enjoying my car.

Thanks

Hi! I personally believe, you buy car for yourself and for your comfort, status value, convinience or whatever you want to call it. Hence, while you own a car, you must think whether you are happy or not (that includes your family members).

Petra is a great car which never took off. Thanks to FIAT brand in India at least! Remember it ranked in top 10 in one of the car magazines survey of 32 cars!

Don't bother about the after sales value, don;t bother about what people say .....everyone knows that you have a great car in hand..enjoy! When you are done..look for another car which can please you...only you!

Happy dirivng!

Quote:

total maintenance cost: Rs. 1200/-
Doesn't Fiat charge for engine oil replacement ? My first service of Swift Diesel costed me Rs 764, which only inlcluded engine oil change.

Thats good review, Petra is very good car, soon I wish fiat launch upgraded Petra. Its damm cheap to maintain as well. Its solid product unfortunately still Fiat needs to find success in India.

Regards,

ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 461713)
soon I wish fiat launch upgraded Petra.

Are there any chances that they will? I am on the look out for a sedan costing 5-6 lac. Petra was the best bet for me but unfortunately it has been discontinued. I already have an esteem. Wondering it Accent would be a good choice :confused:

Good review subodh.

@Sush: Accent is a nice car, its cheap maintenance wise.
but i would suggest you to look at other options like "SX4", "Fiat Adventure", "indigo Diesel" also you can look at swift diesel. I will anyday put my money on diesel:)

Nice report...!
Good to see u are enjoying the PETRA.....
Subodh .! How come the total maintenance cost - Rs 1200...?

Sush If you are thinking to buy Petra then Adveture is still better than Adveture, It has more space and solid as well. Other options for 6 lacs range new look Indigo Diesel, Accent for sure.

Regards,

Ravi.

Sly / kpzen

Maintenance costs are just service charges;
The dealer charged just Rs. 225/- for third free services; prior to that it was approximately Rs. 1000/- for two services (plus/minus Rs. 100; if I remenber correctly, no change of oil in first service . I am not sure, why they did not charge for oil in third service; although I specifically asked about it.

I forgot to ask one important point; In third service, the vehicle / engine was supposed to be innspected by engine examiner. However, as examiner was non functional, it was not done. Should I get my car inspected when the examiner is available or through other dealer.

expert opinion, pleas?

Regards

Subodh

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 461799)
Sush If you are thinking to buy Petra then Adveture is still better than Adveture, It has more space and solid as well. Other options for 6 lacs range new look Indigo Diesel, Accent for sure.

Regards,

Ravi.

:Shockked: :confused:

Its an ownership report of One Year old Petra....
Mr Subodh already has a Petra

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 461865)
Mr Subodh already has a Petra

ravibhat was answering to sush question and not suggesting Subodh to get adventure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subodh Kumar (Post 461828)
Should I get my car inspected when the examiner is available or through other dealer.

expert opinion, pleas?

Not an expert opinion, but if it was suggested then I think you should get it done asap. It will help find any problems in engine before they become huge. Otherwise Fiat engines are told to be quite reliable.

Sorry Ravi...!! I got confused b/w Sush & Subodh....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subodh Kumar (Post 461828)
forgot to ask one important point; In third service, the vehicle / engine was supposed to be innspected by engine examiner. However, as examiner was non functional, it was not done. Should I get my car inspected when the examiner is available or through other dealer.

Not required as such Subodh, unless you think there is a problem of any sort with the car.The examiner checks all the parameters and deletes any errors that have been logged on your ecu/ecm over a period of time.Even if you ignore these intermittent errors, it wont affect the normal functioning of the vehicle.Most of these TATA-FIAT ASCs wont be having the examiner.Shaman TATA-Fiat and Anuroop Auto in Mumbai used to have one a couple of years back, but not any more.But they will have the examiner available for TATA's vehicle range.Thats not surprising.