Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2007, 01:54   #1
BHPian

Hyundai Accent Viva (Petrol) 11 months - 6000 kms

We bought a Hyundai Accent almost a year back. I would like to share by experience with you all.

Buying Car:

Buying car was bit of confusing for me. So i was looking for a family car with all goodies and nice handling, drive in the C segment. Ikon, Fusion, City and Accent was in my list. It was a tough decision and my father left the decision for me and my cousin.
Ikon: It was a bit lower end with 1.3 engine and my cousin already has one in which he had a lot of problems with the dealer so it was dropped
Fusion: Same here he didn’t have a good opinion about the dealership and we were not impressed by its styling and the sales
City: We had almost booked this car but my cousin told us that it lacks ABS and he told my father the regular maintenance and the accidental repairs of the car was on a higher side.
Accent: We accepted its styling though not as good as city it came for a lesser price than city by which my father was happy, It had an ABS option which cousin recommended, overall we liked the car. Went in for Viva as I liked it over Gls on its sports look and hatchback boot.

Finally went ahead and booked car with Trident Hyundai. Good sales staff with customer friendly attitude. I got my car on promised time and delivery was smooth.

*** Vehicle details ***
Make: Hyundai Accent Viva With ABS
Color: Husky Blue
Model: July 2006
Price: Rs.(740890-30000)= 710890 (30000 was discount given by the dealer)

** After market accessories fitted ***

-Art leather Seat Cover
-Xenos remote lock
-Xenos reverse parking sensors
-Sony 350s Head unit
-Pioneer 480 watts oval in the rear
-Replaced headlight with 100/90 white light

OWNERSHIP EXPERIENCE:

The car is used mainly for family purpose, and we all liked the car. Pickup is good, engine refinement (don’t know much about it), Cabin is quite silent,Car interiors are really good, plastic quality is good, and the AC cools quiet fast but the pick up reduces drastically.
Driver seat has got height adjustment so that is really helpful, Rear seats are comfortable, Good space for legs, its quite roomy and spacious, Boot space is average.

The gear shift is awesome with the clutch really light, my father really loved that.
Braking is very good it just stops with total control and stops in a straight line, tested those in highway while braking from 100-0.

***DISLIKES***

Suspension: We didn’t like the suspension of this car and felt that the Ikon had a better one,
Moreover after a ripping session in the ghat section of NH-48(It almost had no tar left in it, Had to search for the road) the rear right suspension failed.

Power: Not fully satisfied with the power and it reduces when AC is on.

Wooden tray: The rear wooden speaker tray always make sound when there is uneven road surface, the service person told its like that and he cant do anything about it, so now bearing with that sound.

Mileage: It gives only about 8-9 in city and 13 in highways with 25% AC on. The service manager told it will increase after 10k

*** Service experience ***

I would rate the overall experience of getting the vehicle serviced as good

1st visit: Got the first service done after the running in period, the car was a lot smooth after the service.
2nd visit: It was due for 2nd service(after 6 months),and we had done a ripping session in NH-48,
This time the service person told that the rear suspension had leakage and it would be replaced, so he replaced them under warranty.
3rd visit: We had done a long trip to shringeri when I hit a pothole at the speed of 130 after which strange sound started appearing, so got them rectified by tightening the nuts and bolts I guess.

I would like to know you guys feedback.
Old 15th June 2007, 04:08   #2
BHPian

There you go !

Hey good review mate,

Thanks for sharing. It took me almost 4 minutes to finalize that it was a petrol car from the Mileage figures that you have quoted. My bad, i am a diesel head. So where are the pictures?

Cheers,
Jai.
Old 15th June 2007, 04:22   #3

Hi, Buddy congarts on your new car .... as i have the same ... (The rear wooden speaker tray always make sound ) i had the same issue in my car .... I used a spring bottom of the wooden tray to the left side and now it doesnt make any noice.. ask any system guys to fix it ....
Old 15th June 2007, 08:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Some how I feel the mileage is very low, my uncle bought a new Accent CRDi and in its first fill it returned 17kmpl on highway (drive from Ranchi to Kolkata)...

Abhi
Old 15th June 2007, 10:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Some how I feel the mileage is very low, my uncle bought a new Accent CRDi and in its first fill it returned 17kmpl on highway (drive from Ranchi to Kolkata)...

Abhi
But zoomingbhat has a GLE version of the viva which is a petrol one.So quite good mileage it is for a petrol versioned viva
Old 15th June 2007, 10:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
But zoomingbhat has a GLE version of the viva which is a petrol one.So quite good mileage it is for a petrol versioned viva
Ohh sorry
I knew that viva is the tag for CRDi (higher model)... in that case the mileage is good...

Abhi
Old 15th June 2007, 10:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But zoomingbhat has a GLE version of the viva which is a petrol one.
True.

Quote:
So quite good mileage it is for a petrol versioned viva
I am not too sure on the 'quite good mileage' bit. The city F.E. seems OK, but highway F.E. is kind of disappointing. zoomingbhat, are you/the driver in the habit of driving the car really fast on the highway?

Last edited by typeOnegative : 15th June 2007 at 10:52.
Old 15th June 2007, 12:12   #8
BHPian

Thank You

Thank you for your opinions.
Yes its a pertrol version,we got this because we do very low distances in a year about 10k maximum.

PS:we use omni for tough city conditions.
Old 15th June 2007, 12:14   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prem_j View Post
Hi, Buddy congarts on your new car .... as i have the same ... (The rear wooden speaker tray always make sound ) i had the same issue in my car .... I used a spring bottom of the wooden tray to the left side and now it doesnt make any noice.. ask any system guys to fix it ....

Could you please elaborate on this.
Old 15th June 2007, 12:18   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
True.
I am not too sure on the 'quite good mileage' bit. The city F.E. seems OK, but highway F.E. is kind of disappointing. zoomingbhat, are you/the driver in the habit of driving the car really fast on the highway?

My father uses it most of the time,i am in the process of learning to drive(I know to drive but lack experience).
The mileage is what my father got in highways,The service manager told us not to worry until the car runs 10k.
Old 15th June 2007, 12:35   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

@zoom, that was a pretty nice review about your experience with Viva Petrol. I particularly like the front shark grill that is absent in the Viva CRDI ( i have this car) and at one point even contemplated getting the same grill but later dropped the idea.

Mileage both in city and highway you get is quite disappointing and keeping in tradition with Hyundai petrol cars. you should get atleast 10-11kmpl in city and 15kmpl on highways if your driving with not too heavy foot.

I get 13-14kmpl ( 50% AC) in city and 18-20kmpl ( 100% AC) on highways and i drive with a heavy foot.
Old 15th June 2007, 13:01   #12
BHPian

Pics

Here are a few pics of my car

Old 15th June 2007, 13:58   #13
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car and a very good review.

Hellcat
Old 15th June 2007, 14:28   #14
BHPian

The mileage i am getting in Mumbai Streets of VIVA CRDI is 11 -12 (100% AC on) and highway just went once got 18 as mileage... Dont think its bad

Cant expect to get 25 man thats pretty unrealistic ...
After all its a car not a bike ;-)
Old 15th June 2007, 15:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomingbhat View Post

Suspension: We didn’t like the suspension of this car and felt that the Ikon had a better one,
Moreover after a ripping session in the ghat section of NH-48(It almost had no tar left in it, Had to search for the road) the rear right suspension failed.
Ooops rear right suspension failed within 10k kms. wonder how you ripped
i know shiradi(NH 48) ghat is in a sad shape for some time now.

btw nice review.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks