Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2022, 11:57   #16
BHPian

re: A Feisty Fiesta | Our Ford Fiesta 1.6L Petrol | 1,15,000 km up!

Very nostalgic to me. Got reminded of the gem of a car we had ; The TDCI Fiesta. How well it was built to last when compared to the last bunch of cars sold by Ford in India.

I do agree that we had to shell out crazy figues of money sometimes though.

Nice write up!
r24x7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 13:02   #17
Sen
BHPian

Great writing style.

I knew the Fiesta was a gem, and a good write-up like this shows me exactly why. Good attention to detail.

Hope you enjoy driving the car once you reach the age requirements!

One thing we can all agree on here - The car and after-sale experiences, even the pre-sale experience cannot be linked if you truly think about it. It's the car and how it feels to drive it, that makes allllllllll the difference. Take care of it mechanically, and it will show you a great time.

Last edited by Sen : 8th June 2022 at 13:04.
Sen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 14:21   #18
BHPian

Very nice write up on a fantastic car, nostalgic to me. After owning Ikon 1.6, Fiesta 1.6 was a natural upgrade though could not own the S version. Bought a less used pre-owned 1.6 and had a great time driving. Sad the Ford packed the bags.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 15:13   #19
BHPian

What a fantastic article written by GForceEnjoyer, written directly from the heart
I was fortunate enough to have had the 1.6S and still gives me goosebumps when I look at the pics.

A Feisty Fiesta | Our Ford Fiesta 1.6L Petrol | 1,15,000 km up!-img_6711.jpg

A Feisty Fiesta | Our Ford Fiesta 1.6L Petrol | 1,15,000 km up!-p1090213.jpg

A Feisty Fiesta | Our Ford Fiesta 1.6L Petrol | 1,15,000 km up!-img_7996.jpg

A Feisty Fiesta | Our Ford Fiesta 1.6L Petrol | 1,15,000 km up!-img_8006.jpg
streetfighter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 16:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyfiesta View Post
Superb review, with a great eye for the small details! Attention to detail is fantastic.

This reminds me of our family's 2007 1.6 ZXI in Paprika Red which we replaced with a Cruze in 2013. I have shared a thread about the complete timeline of Ford Fiesta brand in India.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...one-sedan.html (A tribute to the Ford Fiesta, Ford India's smilestone sedan!)
Thanks for the kind words, it is very fitting for such a fantastic thread about the Fiesta to have come from someone with your username. The number of times I've read it must easily be in the double digits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
It was a great car; fun to drive... when it worked. I had too many issues with it - the engine being replaced after owning it for 15 days, the serpentine belt getting cut, and finally, the dash dials stopped working whenever I drove on a bump.
Sorry to hear that, sounds like you got a lemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shank0447 View Post
A Great review,which is really elaborative and pays details to every aspect of the car and the experience the owner had with it.
This review encourages me to write a review on my buddy innova too,I too was a kid when my bud came to me and still am not old enough to drive him.
Thanks, and please write that review! After all it was reading Team-BHP threads that encouraged me to post one of my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
How well it was built to last when compared to the last bunch of cars sold by Ford in India.

I do agree that we had to shell out crazy figues of money sometimes though.

Nice write up!
Thank you very much. It's true, the only problems we had were either parts living out their life, or service incompetence. Solid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen View Post
Great writing style.

I knew the Fiesta was a gem, and a good write-up like this shows me exactly why. Good attention to detail.

Hope you enjoy driving the car once you reach the age requirements!
Thank you, it was really strange actually. I simply couldn't narrate the character of this car without making the reader a character themselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Very nice write up on a fantastic car, nostalgic to me.
Thank you, I'm really glad I understood how special this car is while we still have it in our garage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
What a fantastic article written by GForceEnjoyer, written directly from the heart
I was fortunate enough to have 1.6 S
The heart just put the words in my mouth Great choice of colour with the 1.6 S by the way.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 11th July 2022 at 09:08. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 16:50   #21
NTO
BHPian

A beautiful review of a beautiful car. This is in fact the first enthusiast car that I got my hands on. A black 1.6 SXI owned by a friend and he still has it! The car in our family was a Wagon R back then and whenever my friend used to come over to my place, I never missed an opportunity to drive this beauty.

The communicative steering, the butter smooth torquey engine which would change character when revved up, the sound system, the clutch, the gear shift, the looks, the space, the comfy seats, everything about this car was crafted for the owner to love it. This car used to do ridiculous speeds without us even noticing it. Such a beauty this car was.

In fact, when we bought our Punto in 2015, I looked out in every Ford dealer available for a Fiesta classic with 1.6 l petrol engine as an alternative but with no avail. I scouted for a car through my known sources in Ford and friends working there and still could not get my hands on one.

Your post brings back so many fond memories from many years back with this beauty. They do no not make cars like this anymore.

Here is a picture of me with the first car I fell in love with instantly from way back in 2011!
A Feisty Fiesta | Our Ford Fiesta 1.6L Petrol | 1,15,000 km up!-img_4728.jpg
NTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 19:04   #22
BHPian

That's a really well written thread of a great car. Still remember how enthusiasts went 'Fida' (ad reference) over the 1.6S in that Aquarius blue color.
I'm on the lookout for a fun to drive daily and the Fiesta 1.6s was on the top of my list. Finding these cars is almost impossible and the ones that are found are priced really high. Was planning to get the standard 1.6 instead, but Ford's exit didn't help it either.
DIV17 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 20:12   #23
BHPian

Lovely writing skills displayed @GForceEnjoyer.

I have to say I never found anything exceptional in Fiesta until I sat in one. It was incredible to put it mildly and I am being honest here, no exaggeration. My friend has one and it has done 2.63 lakh km. My most recent trip in it was yesterday. I always wonder how did this guy maintain it so well for so long. I told him to 'touch wood' as soon as he gets out of the car because no way a car can tolerate such disdainful driving. He was touching 90 kmph in ghats of Nashik. The only drawback his Fiesta had was that his engine made this futuristic sound as if time travel is about begin, I was chuffed to bits personally but my other friends were thinking is this normal?

All I want to say in conclusion is that keep going brother, buy whatever car you want to in the future but keep this one with you or in the family for as long as possible. Touch wood!

My reaction whenever I come across my friend's Fiesta

Name:  incredibledouble.gif
Views: 887
Size:  1.43 MB
Excommunicado is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 22:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTO View Post
A beautiful review of a beautiful car. This is in fact the first enthusiast car that I got my hands on. A black 1.6 SXI owned by a friend and he still has it!
That is a beautiful looking car; a Black Beauty you might say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIV17 View Post
That's a really well written thread of a great car. Still remember how enthusiasts went 'Fida' (ad reference) over the 1.6S in that Aquarius blue color.
Thank you very much, I remember the ad too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excommunicado View Post
Lovely writing skills displayed @GForceEnjoyer.
All I want to say in conclusion is that keep going brother, buy whatever car you want to in the future but keep this one with you or in the family for as long as possible. Touch wood!
Thank you very much, no plans to part with the Fiesta whatsoever for now. This car is officially a member of the family; a few weeks older than me in fact!
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 12:29   #25
BHPian

Nice work, GForceEnjoyer. You've grasped a lot about the car, despite the car being older than you are. My friend has one of similar vintage. and the car has held pretty well, except for some issues with regards to age.

Hope the Fiesta remains Feisty
subie_socal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 15:29   #26
BHPian

Fantastic writeup.

I still own both Ford Ikon-2002 which i have kept at my native for weekend drives & Fiesta SXI 2008 Model which I use it as a daily drive to office.

Fiesta is at a different league in driving pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails
A Feisty Fiesta | Our Ford Fiesta 1.6L Petrol | 1,15,000 km up!-img_8954.jpg  

Tiger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 22:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subie_socal View Post
Nice work, GForceEnjoyer. You've grasped a lot about the car, despite the car being older than you are. My friend has one of similar vintage. and the car has held pretty well, except for some issues with regards to age.

Hope the Fiesta remains Feisty
Thank you, I hope so too. Nearly 16 years have passed with this car being a constant in my life, instinctively picking up more and more information about it was bound to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Fantastic writeup.

I still own both Ford Ikon-2002 which i have kept at my native for weekend drives & Fiesta SXI 2008 Model which I use it as a daily drive to office.
Thanks for the kind words. Our Ikon was an unexpected workhorse for almost daily runs from Noida to Gurgaon, running 175k kilometers by the time it was 11! We finally parted ways with it two years after that due to repeated issues with the fuel pump and moving to Hyderabad once and for all. Great garage there, it's been a while since I saw an Ikon around. Hope your rides continue giving you tons of fun.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 11th July 2022 at 09:15. Reason: Extra smiley removed.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 16:21   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
Thanks for the kind words. Our Ikon was an unexpected workhorse for almost daily runs from Noida to Gurgaon, running 175k kilometers by the time it was 11! We finally parted ways with it two years after that due to repeated issues with the fuel pump and moving to Hyderabad once and for all. Great garage there, it's been a while since I saw an Ikon around. Hope your rides continue giving you tons of fun.
Thank you
Ikon ODO is just around 72K, its aged & showing. No major issues till date. Will dispose it off by this year end before it completes 20years.

Fiesta is a work horse & enjoy my drives. Still in mint condition. Only complaint is from my wife who feels nausea while driving around corners.! Planning to keep till its 20th birthday.

Not much of long drives with Fiesta as I use Innova Crysta for beyond city driving.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 11th July 2022 at 09:15. Reason: Extra smiley removed.
Tiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 00:44   #29
BHPian

I managed to somehow miss capturing 111111 km on the odometer, so here's the same reading with the fourth 1 masquerading as a 3...
A Feisty Fiesta | Our Ford Fiesta 1.6L Petrol | 1,15,000 km up!-img_20220703_001116.jpg

The service is also due sometime soon, following which I shall update the thread.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 11:01   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So, to sum up, this is a car that appeals to the head as well as the heart (more to the heart than the head though). Despite the aftersales horror stories, the fact is that the car is so good that parting with it would be a bigger loss than any expensive part purchases. This is one of the cars that built Ford the fun-to-drive reputation in India, and having owned one for 15 years and counting, we can testify to that!
I second that. The Fiesta 1.6L was one of the best cars I've owned.

To be honest it is quite brave of you to hold on to the car for 15+ years. I hope you are able to maintain it without great trouble and expenses so that you can drive it eventually and experience old-school fun.

Quote:
Thanks for reading; this is my first review, so I was very excited and had a great amount of fun while writing it. All photos were taken on my humble Redmi 9 Prime.
Well written for a first review. Thanks for sharing.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks