Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2007, 15:33   #16
BHPian

thanks arun for the VIN info, i heard that my vehicle is ready, but i will be getting the delivary only on thur, i will try and check out the VIN.
Old 26th June 2007, 17:59   #17
BHPian

black smoke

I also faced the black smoke problem. It was reduced after the catalytic converter and air filter was cleaned. The Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Modulator connections were checked (u can google the term to know more about how EGR works).

I only notice black smoke now whenever I drive at low rpms (1000-1500rpm) and dont change the gears sooner. As a result there is knocking in the engine which causes short bursts of black smoke.

It might just be about getting used to a diesel gear shift.

As for the fuel, i have been advised to switch to normal diesel and add system-D, instead of using xtra / hi-speed variants.

I would also suggest that you turn off the engine while refuelling, as i suspect having the engine on while filling the tank might have damaged one off the injectors of my safari. Also, the vaccum created while filling an empty tank can condense moisture within the tank which can get into the fuel supply...

You can view my ownership report for more details on my experience
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ip-report.html
Old 27th June 2007, 14:56   #18
BHPian

things are improving

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all the responses. I had not been keeping well and hence could not respond earlier.

Some issues have been sorted out automatically. I have been observing the vehicle rather closely, and retrospecting my driving style. The black smoke has reduced considerably. I had once driven the vehicle in a couple of feet of rainwater for a distance of easily 100m. I think some water got into the fuel system and hence the black smoke. It was then that the AC also fused out. I got all these checked out with the service folks. He had mentioned that the black smoke would be there for about 1-2 tank fills and then disappear. Thats what has happened.

My dealer is concorde, he has been pretty helpful till now, and quite honest and open, so I do not think my vehicle was used as a test drive vehicle. Concorde does not do it as far as I know, while Manipal got me a brand new vehicle to test drive with the odo cable disconnected. Also Trident Hyundai got me a brand new Accent CRDi to test drive with the odo removed last year.

I got a D-series vehicle in the first week of may, so it was pretty fresh.

The door beadings had come off when they were installing the video cables for the reverse camera and they did a shoddy job of refixing it.

Now I want a simple MP3 headunit with 4 good speakers, I was suggested a Blaupunkt Maui or Mumbai. Could you guys please suggest me where I can install 4 speakers (I dont know if oval speakers can fit in the space provided in the doors).

Thanks again for your responses folks!
Old 27th June 2007, 18:08   #19
BHPian

music system

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
Now I want a simple MP3 headunit with 4 good speakers, I was suggested a Blaupunkt Maui or Mumbai. Could you guys please suggest me where I can install 4 speakers (I dont know if oval speakers can fit in the space provided in the doors).
I have the following equipment in my safari. You can fit 6.5" round speakers in the space provided in the doors. I would recommend installing component speakers (which includes Tweeters and cross-overs) in the front doors. It is important to put good speakers in the front, otherwise will need to turn up the volume due to the engine noise (at high speeds). This will be uncomfortable for the passengers in the rear.

I prefer the pioneer display, effect and features over blaupunkt (which i had in my earlier car). I would recomment Blaupunkt if u are going in for a high end system. For low / mid range go with Pioneer / Sony etc. Speakers i would recommend JBL...

Head-unit: Pioneer DEH-P5850MP
iPod Interface Adaptor: Pioneer CD-IB100
Speakers (front): JBL Components GTO607 (6.5")
Speakers (rear): JBL 3-way GTO637 (6.5")
Bass Tube: JBL 1000w / 10"
4 channel JVC amp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks