Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 10:08   #196
BHPian

Hi Geek,

If you know someone travelling to US ask him to get a small can of RainX. Ans ask him to pick up the Original Glass treatment. This works wonders on glass and all rain drops beads and rolls off

Sateesh
Old 7th August 2007, 14:20   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
small can of RainX
Better get a big one.

Once you start using glass treatments like this you pretty-much have to go on doing so.
Old 9th August 2007, 21:22   #198
Senior - BHPian

2500km on my Vdi

hi sateesh, yeah i have to try and procure it from somewhere. meanwhile, its been long hours at work, and long commutes with my swift D, which is nearing 2500 kms now. i ve been parking it outside without car park protection of late at office too. i had given the car for valet parking during a party at a hotel for me quitting my job, and that damn guy put a scratch on my dear car. luckily its hairline and white in colour. could be the handiwork of some miscreants too dunno about it. the faster i get it teflon coated the better i guess. does teflon coat produce static charge? anyone knows??

other than that car is stable and good as usual. i still dont like the gear shift operation. much better than before that is my style of shifting it. but i still dont like it. perhaps its too hard and bulky compared to other cars. the clutch hasnt softened down yet. waiting for that.

OT: so whats been keeping me busy of late? i ve gotten into blogging on my site. just persuing my interests of writing and photography a bit more than usual. and oh yeah, i did meet old man rudra sen at his home last weekend. he was kind enough to spare a couple of hours and sit with me on my digital photos. i had lots of doubts on the wrong shots that i had, and he explained how to correct them. a simple man with varied interests is the definition of rudraji. his photos are just awesome and boy oh boy am I impressed with his huge macintosh at home, wowowow! to give you an idea of the scale of the machine, have a look at his monitor down below!! its a full 30 inches. and he's also got harmon kardon speakers which sit pretty on his desk! its always good to spend some time with new people!

so much for now, for people wanting to know what i am upto, my site is always there for you
Old 9th August 2007, 21:23   #199
Senior - BHPian

to add another news, a tata safari got stolen on my street yesterday night. with everyone parking their cars outside the house on my street, from 800s to benz, this was bound to happen.

can anyone tell me whether its technically possible to steal my swift D which has immobilizer by small time crooks who try and use duplicate keys?? i dont believe someone whisked away a safari without an owner knowing!! sheesh.
Old 9th August 2007, 21:46   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

It shouldn't be... that's the whole point of the chip in the key.

(Errr.... anyone actually seen one of those chips?)

But just to worry you, a big trend in UK housebreaking over recent years is that it isn't the TV, the HiFi, the jewellery, or even the cash they want --- it's the car keys.

Whatever they invent there'll be a way round it :(
Old 9th August 2007, 22:06   #201
Senior - BHPian

You better get a Gear lock, if you haven't already, Geek.
Old 9th August 2007, 23:40   #202
BHPian

hey geek, you went to Rudra and you didn't ask his views about teflon ? He is considered a guru in car care. Well just to put his views from other thread, he doesn't advice going for teflon. He says that a good coat of wax polish is good enough.
Old 10th August 2007, 12:58   #203
Senior - BHPian

Get a gear lock.

Quote:
to add another news, a tata safari got stolen on my street yesterday night. with everyone parking their cars outside the house on my street, from 800s to benz, this was bound to happen.
The Thief Reclaimed his life.

The Owner Claimed his Insurance..
Old 10th August 2007, 13:25   #204
Senior - BHPian

What else could help, besides a gear lock?
Old 10th August 2007, 14:03   #205
Senior - BHPian

how much does a gear lock cost and who provides it in bangalore?
Old 10th August 2007, 14:09   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
can anyone tell me whether its technically possible to steal my swift D which has immobilizer by small time crooks who try and use duplicate keys?
No that's the whole point behind the Icats/immobilser feature.If the thief is sophisticated enough to beat the immobiliser then a gearlock should be a walk in the park for him.

Don't think you need the gearlock ,it would be overkill.
Old 10th August 2007, 14:13   #207
BANNED

Hello sir jee
My friend has installed gear lock from auto cop for 1300 bucks.
Old 11th August 2007, 19:22   #208
BHPian

Wax polishing in Bangalore

Anyone knows where I can get this vax polishing done in Bangalore? or its DYI?
Old 12th August 2007, 00:43   #209
BHPian

I got gear lock from a car market in delhi for 1000 bucks. It an auto cop.

Quote:
Anyone knows where I can get this vax polishing done in Bangalore? or its DYI?
I guess u meant "DIY". Yes it a DIY but it requires quite a time and energy. I have never been able to finish wax in less than two hours. If you take it to some professional guy they may be able to offer you better results , but it won't match the satisfaction you get from doing it yourself.
Old 12th August 2007, 21:43   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
I guess u meant "DIY". Yes it a DIY but it requires quite a time and energy. I have never been able to finish wax in less than two hours. If you take it to some professional guy they may be able to offer you better results , but it won't match the satisfaction you get from doing it yourself.
Yes. It is DIY. Sorry for the typo.
Can you please point me to some guide for DIY. Let me try
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks