Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2007, 12:56   #316
BHPian

I dunnow why but my mileage has jumped from 14.3 to 15.3 ( without ac) as soon as i switched to IOC premium diesel (I have 195 tyres for which the mileage must have gone down by 1 km). The car noise also seem to have gone down and I love using the turbo so in the end no complaints just enjoy the drive !!
Old 15th November 2007, 13:09   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
I dunnow why but my mileage has jumped from 14.3 to 15.3 ( without ac) as soon as i switched to IOC premium diesel (I have 195 tyres for which the mileage must have gone down by 1 km). The car noise also seem to have gone down and I love using the turbo so in the end no complaints just enjoy the drive !!
Nice to know that, even i have the same experience with my viva. I used to tank up from HP/BP before and used to get 13 and when i switched to IOC normal diesel, it jumped to 14+ and all this in heavy city traffic with 50% ac and me too not complaining at all
Old 16th November 2007, 15:20   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice to know that, even i have the same experience with my viva. I used to tank up from HP/BP before and used to get 13 and when i switched to IOC normal diesel, it jumped to 14+ and all this in heavy city traffic with 50% ac and me too not complaining at all

Hmmm never tried out IOC normal diesel, I think will give it a try , i hope xtramile diesel dont cause problems in DDiS engines .... Any idea ?
Old 16th November 2007, 15:28   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm never tried out IOC normal diesel, I think will give it a try , i hope xtramile diesel dont cause problems in DDiS engines .... Any idea ?
Dont use premium fuels in the Swift diesel, will cause lots and lots of smoking
Old 16th November 2007, 15:33   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Never use premium fuels, especially for diesel vehicles. Stick to normal ones and see the difference ( no exhaust smoke, no engine stalling ( heard some people experienced after using PF), no problems in future)
Old 17th November 2007, 17:25   #321
BHPian

I tried both and settled with xtra mile as I am getting more mileage.
Smoke issue, I once saw the smoke when my dad was driving and when xtra mile was in.

I did not check during idle.

I think if you push hard in 2/3rd gear I think every diesel smokes in every diesel car.
Old 18th November 2007, 00:30   #322
Senior - BHPian

banglorebuddy - Trust me extramile smokes much much more, i tried it and reverted back to regular. Just make some one else drive and you would know. I could see the black smoke in my RVM itself. Shifted to regular and after 3-4 tanks the smoking went away.
Old 21st November 2007, 20:41   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Mine's in for second service now.

I told them I had experienced skidding where I did not feel that the ABS had worked.

They told us today that they had found some fault with the brakes and would take an extra half-day to fix it.

Add my total lack of Tamil language to my shallow technical knowledge and it's hard to know what's going on here, but it seems some bits are being replaced. My wife said they said something about pads. That does seem unlikely after 2.5K Km! But who knows; some fault could have cause wear.

Hope to be less vague when we get teh car back tomorrow.
Old 22nd November 2007, 08:11   #324
Senior - BHPian

why not drive down to bangalore and check it up if you are not satisfied with chennai? at 2.5k the pads might wear depending on how tough you have been with the car.
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:11   #325
Team-BHP Support

unless you were into track driving 2.5k kms shouldnt eat pads.
Old 22nd November 2007, 14:41   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, my combination of bad hearing and poor language skills have beaten me on this one --- but apparently there is a brake pad fault in some vehicles, and because of this they have replaced the pads and the discs under warranty.

Apparently the non-warranty price for these parts is: Disc: Rs.994, Pad set Rs2024.

Guys... take a quick look at your pads/discs: any sign of wear on the discs? Any sign of the pads getting prematurely thin?

Bad news... they cannot polish the scratches out and it will cost 4,000 per door. I never really had feelings of violence towards small children before....

So, maybe time for an independent paint job?
Old 23rd November 2007, 10:51   #327
Senior - BHPian

No problems with my discs/pads - I believe, but of late I am noticing some squirming when I brake hard, really hard, to the point where ABS kicks in.
Old 26th November 2007, 18:27   #328
Senior - BHPian

6700 kms and counting

the title just read 5800kms, when I have already completed 6700kms now. i had a small trip to mysore (I clocked about 410km! dunno how, though mysore is about 129km) on sunday.

it had been a while since I took this beauty onto the highway after the chennai trip, so off I went to mysore. The engine is making a lot of sound (roaring? or rather irritating!?) The minimal speed I could maintain was 100kph, while many instances from BLR to MYS I was at 120kph easily. At one or two places I did 150kph easily but at that speed the engine roar is too high.

I filled up at Shell Mallya road, and am yet to refill to see how much it has given me with mixed bag of highway and city. I even set the pressure at 32 psi all through, and I must say Shell does a good job on air filling. Its perfect. Diesel costed me 1 Re more than normal. Some extra mile diesel, I think they must change the name to less than extra mile diesel!

The body roll in the car was pretty noticeable and my in laws did face some neck ache problems. Also on the way I almost had a tiff with a scorpio loaded with five bullies, if you guys are from this forum, I am gonna feel sad that friends turn foes on the road. From the left they slowly jutted into my path, for which I honked and asked them way, they were looking menacing and rude so I threw up my hands and said "you go first!" Obviously I was in no mood to create a big scene.

The mysore highway is as bad as ever and there are more and more number of vehicles even on a sunday morning. Kamat Lokaruchi is crowded with a gazillion people these days and it isnt very welcoming anymore. They do however manage to serve fast somehow. Mysore itself has improved over the past year with more and more hotels and the like coming into the place.

I did not brake hard anywhere on the way, thank heavens! While on my way back I took the BMIC P onto bannerghatta road from kengeri, and near bannerghatta road the road is horrible to drive in. My dear fellas, avoid this BMICP until the controversy is blown over. never take this road yet. my swifts bumpers almost had it on the last stretch. I had to drive at 1kph. yes you read right 1 kph !!

In the winter heat of the afternoon the AC kept us going well even at level 1, so no complaints on that as well. The car keeps pulling like a dream with whatever load thrust on it. frankly its a 4 person car. so if you have that fifth unwanted guest always, go buy yourself a logan!

About 3k kms to go before my next service.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 30th November 2007 at 09:07. Reason: Extra Smiley - Only 2 allowed
Old 28th November 2007, 08:02   #329
Senior - BHPian

Fuel efficiency updates at 6700kms

Total distance travelled between automatic refills : 525 km
Volume filled at first refill : 33.84 Litres @ Rs.36.45 per litre
Volume filled at second refill: 29.68 Litres @ 37.25 per litre

Type of diesel consumed : Shell Extra Mile
Amount of diesel consumed = 29.68 litres for 525 kms
Mileage per litre = 525/29.68 = 17.69 kms/litre

Speed of driving:
Minimum : 80 kph
Always : 100 kph
Many times : 120 kph
Rarely : 150 kph

Highway driving : 400 kms
City driving : 125 kms

AC : 30-40%
Load : Two people at front, one at back
Tyre pressures : 32 Psi all throughout

I did rev the car at times, so perhaps thats one reason for low efficiency. With this car its difficult to stay put at 80kph no matter what you try!

For more on the Swift Vdi 5000 kms review please read here.
Old 28th November 2007, 10:56   #330
BHPian

Wow GeekSrik, thats a nice one.
I have been hitting Mysore roads in the past two weeks and noticed the following mileage.

Using IOC regular
14.5 in city, with 100% AC
17.5 in city, without AC
25.5 in highways, with 100%AC

Off the 3k odd kms done, 60% has been on highways and 40% in city.

Load - 2 in front, 1 in rear
PSI:
34 upfront, 32 rear in highways.
32 all in city.

I never push too much though, constant speed and upshifts after 2K rpm!

On my drive last sunday to Shivanasamudra, the rear bumper hit the speed breaker on Malavalli road. No idea how it this could happen when we were the same load and went through it the onward journey without issues!

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 28th November 2007 at 10:58.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed