Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:30   #361
BHPian

Guys,

I just got pollution checked for my SwiftVDI and it came out to be 19.5%. When asked, the guy at pollution check told me 65% is allowed. I remember my Indica... it gave 86%... and had to get a fake certificate to sell it off.

Whats your Swift's pollution percentage....?

Regards
Anmol
Old 3rd January 2008, 15:14   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
Guys,

I just got pollution checked for my SwiftVDI and it came out to be 19.5%. When asked, the guy at pollution check told me 65% is allowed. I remember my Indica... it gave 86%... and had to get a fake certificate to sell it off.

Whats your Swift's pollution percentage....?

Regards
Anmol
My Getz has just become 6 months old. When should I get the pollution check done?
Old 3rd January 2008, 15:18   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
I am thinking of getting Phillip's Diamond Vision white headlamps. Are there fog lamps available which emit same white light as the Diamond vision ? Headlamps of white light with fog lamps of yellow light won't look good.
The Phillips Diamond vision are they 90/100 or 100/130? What price are you getting them?
Old 3rd January 2008, 15:47   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Latest Mileage Update : 16.2 in city ( 0% A.C) up from 15 after second service . Rocky I am pretty surprised to see your with a/c and without a/c figures in city. I get only a 0.7 to 1 km difference if the a/c is 100% on . So i guess in summers this year i should be getting 15.2 to 15.5 in the city with ac 100% on !
Nikunj_cal,
I was surprised when my FE calculation came to 17.5 in highway with 50% AC, havent been able to calculate as I had been filling around in various pumps.

My car is back from second service and I have gone back to my trusty IOC and filled to the brim. I shall let You know of the findings this time around.
Old 3rd January 2008, 17:49   #365
BHPian

I don't know if they are 90/100 or 100/130 and I don't remember the price correctly. But guess they were in 1000 range.

But would I be able to get fog lamps which emit same colour of light as Diamond vision.

Also are these dimaond vision more powerful than stock headlights ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
The Phillips Diamond vision are they 90/100 or 100/130? What price are you getting them?
Old 3rd January 2008, 17:52   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know if they are 90/100 or 100/130 and I don't remember the price correctly. But guess they were in 1000 range.

But would I be able to get fog lamps which emit same colour of light as Diamond vision.

Also are these dimaond vision more powerful than stock headlights ?
ofcourse you can change your fog lamp bulbs to the blue/white ones, no problem. And, diamond vision will certainly be more powerful than your stock as stocks are usually 55/60.
Old 3rd January 2008, 19:49   #367
BHPian

I went to the accessory shop who is like our reliable person.
I said want to put Philips rally 4 bulbs with a relay
He said why you going for it.. Leading to unneccessary wiring.

I still feel my car headlights are not that bright enough. Though High beam is perfect its only low beam which is causing me trouble.
Old 3rd January 2008, 19:51   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
I went to the accessory shop who is like our reliable person.
I said want to put Philips rally 4 bulbs with a relay
He said why you going for it.. Leading to unneccessary wiring.

I still feel my car headlights are not that bright enough. Though High beam is perfect its only low beam which is causing me trouble.
We share the same car and i personally think the stock bulbs are not adequate. It needs to be upgraded to a minimum of 90/100 yellow or white, that is immaterial
Old 3rd January 2008, 21:41   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Nikunj_cal,
I was surprised when my FE calculation came to 17.5 in highway with 50% AC, havent been able to calculate as I had been filling around in various pumps.

My car is back from second service and I have gone back to my trusty IOC and filled to the brim. I shall let You know of the findings this time around.

My swift gives 18-19/ liter in Bangalore with 0% AC. Diesel for 1000 Rs. and it runs for 500kms every time. I travel 40 kms a day, the return trip usually during peak hour, the morning trip being not too bad.
I was surprised when I got the same on my last highway drive - was expecting more
Mahesh
Old 4th January 2008, 00:13   #370
BHPian

Just calculated my FE. Its 20-21 kmpl in Delhi's city traffic with 0 % ac. And I have used either HP or IOC normal diesel. I didn't observe any difference in engine sound. Though sometimes I use Heater, and my understanding is that it does not puts any extra stress on engine as it draws its power from battery unlike AC which runs a compressor from engine. Correct me if I am wrong.

Also when AC is on and thermostat is at half on cooler side. How does thermostat adjust temperature. Does it use heater to compensate for extra coldness or just gets easy on compressor ? Maruti service advisor told me that its 1st one but I am not sure because he looked like he was guessing.

I have seen many diesel car smoke very badly and am always wary of the fact that my car beign diesel would someday smoke like that. Touch wood, till now at 7k kms its doesn't emit any black smoke even in cold winter start at 2 deg celsius or little heavy footed drive.

Also expert please verify if this statement is true or not regarding White light headlamps " White light headlamps are not good for highway driving because their light intensity is not good enough and they have lesser range compare to their yellow counterparts "

Last edited by austere_sly : 4th January 2008 at 00:22.
Old 4th January 2008, 00:24   #371
Senior - BHPian

" White light headlamps are not good for highway driving because their light intensity is not good enough and they have lesser range compare to their yellow counterparts "Yes thats true, white light does not spread as well as yellow light. Thats why you see all street lamps are yellow.
Old 4th January 2008, 10:27   #372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also when AC is on and thermostat is at half on cooler side. How does thermostat adjust temperature.

Does it use heater to compensate for extra coldness or just gets easy on compressor ?

Maruti service advisor told me that its 1st one but I am not sure because he looked like he was guessing.
Maruti guy is correct, the heater and ac works together so its better to switch off the comp switch.

Use the ac also, only if you require to demist.
Old 4th January 2008, 11:12   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
" White light headlamps are not good for highway driving because their light intensity is not good enough and they have lesser range compare to their yellow counterparts "Yes thats true, white light does not spread as well as yellow light. Thats why you see all street lamps are yellow.

Then the plans for white light headlamps are put on hold. BTW does the same hold true for Xenon lamps ?
Old 4th January 2008, 11:14   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then the plans for white light headlamps are put on hold. BTW does the same hold true for Xenon lamps ?
Dont know about Xenon's but it doesnot hold true for High Intensity Discharge Bulbs.
Old 4th January 2008, 11:19   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
HIDs are in a league of their own; 4100/4300K being the ideal OEM setup where offered - this is pure white with a tinge of yellow; but dont go for beyond 6000K since the further from white you deviate the bluer the light becomes and hence less usable. Ditch going in for for the white/blue halogens bulbs altogether. But for a HID to be utilized to its maximum capability requires a well-designed projector setup. Fixing HIDs in stock reflectors is a bright option but you'll be blinding oncoming traffic and getting ratcheted by cops every night, many times a night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Dont know about Xenon's but it doesnot hold true for High Intensity Discharge Bulbs.
They are synonyms.

Last edited by theMAG : 4th January 2008 at 11:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks