Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:54   #481
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
my engine rocks and even roars its roaring so much that passengers including me cant even drive it for less than one hour at a stretch. my ears are blocked and its very irritating. even at 60kph it starts its roar which gets deafeningly louder by 100kph.is damping the only way to solve this ?
srik
Geek,

Although the diesel grunt is definately present in my 8k car, I am sure it is not that bad. I suggest you drive a friends car to see if its different. Is the temperature gauge showing normal temp ?
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:02   #482
Senior - BHPian

yes eddy the temperature guage is in normal territory. no unusual notings. this is one of the reasons i am trying to understand engine noise better. i just hope the oil change would do it some good. but i only dont know for how long!
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:10   #483
Senior - BHPian

I feel the engine noise is going up in my car too...Maybe it's just psychological.
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:37   #484
Team-BHP Support

i think its psychological, wind that glass up and play some music i think sound will go down as more kms are run, yup if you have an air lock in the diesel pump it can cause some pitter patters. Something a simple pump bleed can fix.

so kuttapa, you got your car back?
Old 22nd January 2008, 21:37   #485
Senior - BHPian

hey jaggu, how can it be psychological when i have all windows rolled up, ac not running and music not playing and i hear a horrifically loud roaring sound? am sure i can make out the difference between normal engine sounds and this one. be my guest to try it out yourself any day. i can hear that sound even when music is playing at volume 10 on my pioneeer with 4 jbls.
Old 23rd January 2008, 00:12   #486
Team-BHP Support

Try another car Geeky and check out if the noise in yours is abnormal.
Old 23rd January 2008, 07:17   #487
BHPian

I fimd the engine is most silent when I am driving at 5th gear at a speed of 40. The sound is oike that of a petrol engine. Then every increase in speed means increase in engine sound. I definitely believe that the sound of my car engine has gone up !! think i will record samples and compare them over time too see id there is any sound increase.

@geek - no i will keep the existing bumper and wait for a few more bumps like that before getting a new one . It is just no use .Even if i go in for a new bumper somebody is gonna bang it up !
Old 23rd January 2008, 08:14   #488
Senior - BHPian

The engine sound demo

Ok guys

here is a URL where i have uploaded an MP3 file of the sound in my car, its 2 minutes, and i request you to listen to the entire two minutes. the amplification factor isnt much but if you observer the background there is a constant sound other than any other sounds that you normall hear.

let me know what you feel

Swift Engine Sound

Sriky

Last edited by GeekSrik : 23rd January 2008 at 08:15.
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:15   #489
BHPian

Engine sound is more than my car. How fast were you driving ? I mean were you pushing the car ?

Apart from engine sound,I was hearing sound which was alike that of blower.

My car now has some definite rattle sound which can be attributed to bad road I have to travel in Haryana. My third free service is due for 3k kms and 2-3 months. If I take my car to the dealer to rectify these sounds then would I be charged for repairing and labour ? If yes, then what are expected charges.

Last edited by austere_sly : 23rd January 2008 at 10:17.
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:33   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
i can hear that sound even when music is playing at volume 10 on my pioneeer with 4 jbls.
Well, I just fixed your problem Geeksrik. You're supposed to listen to music at volume 10 + ... try that and you'll thank me for my expert advice
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:36   #491
BHPian

Hi Geek,

The sound seems more compared to my cars also. Can you mention the rpm during the end of the clip? In my case I may get that sound at 2500 or more rpm which I usually dont reach at all.
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:37   #492
Senior - BHPian

the 2 minute sound sequence is at speeds 60-110 and even idling at 60 sometimes when speed starts going down from 110 to 60 naturally without braking. this is of course with windows rolled up and no music and without AC (so its not the blower too) between 80-100 i pushed it but after that its a natural ascent/descent.

i am still clueless what this sound is.
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:37   #493
BHPian

Hey I hope you manage to get that irksome noise sorted. You seem a true enthusiast and v much in love with your wheels, an enthusiasm and intensity which many owners lack. Good luck, mate.

(I have vested interest here coz I'd been aiming to buy a Swift diesel for my folks once I'd sold my FireBlade...so need to know if yours is a one-off kinda thing or otherwise.)
Old 23rd January 2008, 15:07   #494
BHPian

Hmmm the sound is a bit high , the sound is very much like you are trying to pull the car at high speed in a low gear !. Something i face when i try to rip my indica, get it checked !
Old 23rd January 2008, 20:23   #495
Senior - BHPian

ok i have some positive update on the sound thing today i had taken it to green cars and he tested the car. while driving at 60 the sound was noticeable and while idling at that speed that moron actually switched the car off. perhaps a wrong thing to do, but then even with the engine off, i could hear that sound clearly from the back side tyres.

he told me that the wheel bearings could ve gone for a toss and asked me to take it to bimal to get it replaced under warranty. so tomorrow since bimal is near my office i ll take it to them and try and get this replaced. hopefully its a small affair. and no sounds after that except the rattles - since rattles are called features in swift
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks