Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2008, 11:37   #526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
More often than not it won't be the boot but the foldable back seats which become loose and rattle.
I sat in the rear seat just to notice the rattling, it came from the boot door for sure.
Old 27th January 2008, 13:07   #527
Senior - BHPian

busa, if its the khar-khar noise, i agree with you. this noise even i ve observed in my car rear many times. its distinctly different from the window rattles. i especially hear it when i reverse the car to park it on a slight slope or whenever i move extremely slowly over a hump and apply brakes. its basically a CREAKING sound if i am right.
Old 28th January 2008, 17:45   #528
BHPian

Going for third service tom,I asked the service center about expected cost,i was quoted 1800/(600 for oil,400 for filter,600 wheel balancing n alginement,200 misc).
Are the prices right?Moreover offlate rattles has suddenly increased,it's comming from front dashboard area and speedo meter area..
Any advices what should i do about it.

Cheers!
Old 28th January 2008, 18:05   #529
BHPian

HI Gill,
3rd Service means 10K right?
You should not be charged for wheel balancing & alignment.
In my case alignment & wheel rotation was done. Only charges where of Oil and Oil filter. Also some minor paint touch-ups also was done free of cost.
And what is this misc?
Old 28th January 2008, 18:21   #530
BHPian

Abhilash,
I was charged 600rs in my second service for wheel alginement,when i asked by 600??Service center relpied cost included putting up weights on the tyre and alignement n wheel balancing??Now again in third(10k service)he said wheel alignement n all is required and quoted me 1800 in all.
Paint touch ups were with brush or spray paint???I want to get it done to ..

Onething more,My front bumper got hit by a motorbike so the front right low-end of the bumper got dented and paint came off..I asked about it replacement..they said they won't replace the bumper as it can be repaired,,but the dent is huge and i want to get it replaced under insurance.Who is right in this case?Me or the service center and insurance guys...
Old 28th January 2008, 19:34   #531
BHPian

Quote:
won't replace the bumper as it can be repaired
Well if the dent is big, they have no option other then changing it. I guess authorised workshops cannot repair the dents on the bumper. Its only workshops or roadside mechanics who do it.

I get my Swift Ldi's alignment done from good tyre shop rather then from MASS. They charge you less and its convenient too.
Old 28th January 2008, 20:17   #532
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
busa, if its the khar-khar noise, i agree with you. this noise even i ve observed in my car rear many times. its distinctly different from the window rattles. i especially hear it when i reverse the car to park it on a slight slope or whenever i move extremely slowly over a hump and apply brakes. its basically a CREAKING sound if i am right.
Get rear door settings done, thats whats causing the kar kar aka squeaking
Old 28th January 2008, 20:44   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
HI Gill,
You should not be charged for wheel balancing & alignment.
In my case alignment & wheel rotation was done. Only charges where of Oil and Oil filter. Also some minor paint touch-ups also was done free of cost.
And what is this misc?
I am also charged for wheel alignment (balancing, alignment)during my 5K 2nd service which is around Rs.510
Old 28th January 2008, 20:49   #534
BHPian

i thinks it's optional to get the Tyre alignemeny and wheel balancing,hope it's not mandatory to get it done from authorised service center.Any clues about bumper issue.
Old 28th January 2008, 20:56   #535
BHPian

They will change the bumper for sure, if you think they will not then just kick it hard at the same spot and crack it. They will have no option. Though you will have to pay Rs. 500 for claiming insurance, and 50% depriciation on plastic parts and no other depriciation or cost if ur car is less then 6 month old. You will lose NCB( no claim bonus) too.
Old 28th January 2008, 20:59   #536
Team-BHP Support

Wheel alignment can be done from any reputed guy.

Bumper if repaired can save you some insurance premium, since its plastic only 50% will be covered. Labour and painting charges will be paid by insurance.

On the other hand ensure that the dealer is not planning to quote an obnoxious amount for repairing and painting, which they know will get paid by insurance.

At the end of the day its your call, if you want to replace it and paint it OR repair it and paint it. under insurance OR from pocket.
Old 28th January 2008, 21:21   #537
BHPian

Thanks a lot friends for making things clearer and easier for me,For sure i will get the bumper replaced,don't know why,but would like to have a new part instead of reapaired part.One thing more,does one have to pay rs 500 for claiming insurance.I have heared it for the first time.Last time i claimed it there was no such thing mentioned.NCB is long gone so thought better replace the part from the isurance and pay 50% from pocket...
Any idea what shall be charges for touch-up(Paint)job have few small scartches which hand he hand felt.I an thinking of getting it done from the authorised dealer as the colour of touch up would be better and work would be better.
@Jaggu how to insure that the dealer is not charging wrong prices for repairing and painting?I am a noob and have to idea about it..Plz help.As youu mentioned that insurance will take care of labour chages n painting,so i need to pay 50% of the bumper cost??or 50% of the total(Bumer cost+Painting+labour)

Last edited by Gill : 28th January 2008 at 21:24.
Old 28th January 2008, 21:33   #538
BHPian

I recently got my swift's replaced, Bill shows front bumper is for Rs. 1542.22 after taxes. Rest all is in labour(painting and fitting).
Old 28th January 2008, 21:59   #539
Senior - BHPian

Guys, did a 155+ kmph on my stock Swift VDi last Sunday on NH4 (between Sira and Tumkur) on a straight patch of road. I noticed that till 140 the car was very stable. But at 155, it was a bumpy. Once I slowed down to around 135, the car became very stable again. Is this commonly faced by everyone? I thought the Swift's chassis was competant enough to tolerate speeds of 150-160. Or is this because of my stock tires?

Also, at 155, I felt that the car could do a 20kmph more atleast. Am I right?
Old 28th January 2008, 22:40   #540
Senior - BHPian

gill, its better you change to alloys if possible. this weight balancing is what irritated me when i had my maruti 800. everytime i thought i had a problem with wheels, wheel balancing was done and charged on my head. with the alloys, one problem solved. steel rims always bend!

and jaggu, what do you mean by check rear door settings?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks