Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2008, 11:52   #556
BHPian

3rd Service Update

Thanks for the info.

Took the car after 3rd service. The bill was 1013 (5.x lts or oil + Oil filter).

Asked them to do tyre rotation and not to do wheel alignment and balancing. Looking for your suggestions for a better place in Jayanagar, JP Nagar and Banashankari area.

Other complaints and Fixed are
  1. Wiper blades - changed in warranty
  2. Right window rattle when it is half rolled down
Car feels smoother. Noise free when it is idle or in moving at a constant speed before turbo kicks in

Mandovi motors is the service station. I am not satisfied with their cleaning job
About the dent and scratch - Thinking of leaving it as it is for now. I am not to keen on having a scratch free car with this mad Blore traffic.

I have to do

Last edited by blorebuddy : 3rd February 2008 at 12:06.
Old 3rd February 2008, 19:26   #557
Senior - BHPian

So I got some time to take my swifty to lalbagh and shoot some snaps with my new canon Rebel XTI. Well these are not clickable thumbnails, but as is snaps reduced to this size!

Took the car when my friend was driving it across!

Old 4th February 2008, 11:48   #558
BHPian

mileage update : 16.95 ( 100% city, 0% A.C, 85 to 90% high turbo usage ) !
Old 4th February 2008, 19:45   #559
Senior - BHPian

so what are my feelings after 10k service - was expecting the sky but got peanuts in terms of real satisfaction

- improvement in power -> ZILCH
- improvement in torque -> ZILCH, older torquiness also gone down a bit
- improvement in mileage -> not checked and not bothered
- improvement in sound -> by a great amount - i have more rattles now :(

upon using AC power drop is a bit noticeable. also right tyres seem to have too less air, well atleast the feeling is such. i m wondering if the above problems are because of mobil. perhaps i should have gone with normal mineral oil ? pondering now .......

incidentally i took a drive with my friend in a 1.3 getz petrol. its the older car and we loaded it with five elephants (us i mean). the first thing that struck me is the silence. its close to a year since i experienced anything like that before. i am ready to pay for that silence now. next is the pickup - very very decent to pull five people. obviously the ac was not on, but i can imagine how that would be.

makes me wonder whether the getz diesel would be a much more mature car for the money paid than that rattly swift. money isnt everything sometimes! that aside i cant imagine how punto is gonna be waiting for that!
Old 4th February 2008, 19:55   #560
Senior - BHPian

Getz petrol pulling 5 people better than Swift DDiS? I have a feeling that the issues you notice are all in your mind. You expected a different car after your service, you didn't get it and therefore the feeling, I guess..
Old 4th February 2008, 20:09   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
makes me wonder whether the getz diesel would be a much more mature car for the money paid than that rattly swift. money isnt everything sometimes! that aside i cant imagine how punto is gonna be waiting for that!
No doubt Getz is overall a better car, with better build quality, ride, engine, space and comfort. Drive a Getz and see the difference.

I found Mobil1 to give postive results, did you flush? Ah, the engine flush i mean
Old 4th February 2008, 20:44   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post

i ve told them about rattles, and they say its a feature so nothing can be done about it.
My friend and tbhpians is fed up of the service. He owns a VDi and when his wife complained about a rattle noise he said he will live with it else he service guys will only worsen the situation.

If Tata could improve with built quality why not Suzuki ( come on its a Suzuki! not a Maruti anymore!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Thanks for the info.

Took the car after 3rd service. The bill was 1013 (5.x lts or oil + Oil filter).

Asked them to do tyre rotation and not to do wheel alignment and balancing. Looking for your suggestions for a better place in Jayanagar, JP Nagar and Banashankari area.

Other complaints and Fixed are
  1. Wiper blades - changed in warranty
  2. Right window rattle when it is half rolled down
Car feels smoother. Noise free when it is idle or in moving at a constant speed before turbo kicks in
5lit? wow!

Would suggest that you buy a Bosch wiper next time. And dont open the windows next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
No doubt Getz is overall a better car, with better build quality, ride, engine, space and comfort. Drive a Getz and see the difference.

I found Mobil1 to give postive results, did you flush? Ah, the engine flush i mean
I am waiting for the Getz CRDi

Mobil1 ? anything else to look at when buy that? And how many liters?
Old 4th February 2008, 21:02   #563
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, for my 1k service I was charged only for 3 litres of oil.

FE is a bit on the lower side but Im not complaining. Last top up 303.4KM/21L = 14.44

Thats only 1st/2nd, peak bumper traffic, no time for anything else :(
Old 4th February 2008, 21:11   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
FE is a bit on the lower side but Im not complaining. Last top up 303.4KM/21L = 14.44
Dont worry, i used to get 13.5kmpl starting starting mein, before 2000kms, then it increased gradually, and after petes ~ 16

Quote:
5L Oil, they drank the 1.5L up kya?

Quote:
I am waiting for the Getz CRDi

Mobil1 ? anything else to look at when buy that? And how many liters?
You getting a Getz CRDi kya? Or waiting for test drive, or waiting for me to buy it

Just look at the date of import, 4L, 5W50.
Old 4th February 2008, 21:14   #565
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Hmm, for my 1k service I was charged only for 3 litres of oil.
Thats because the oil filter must not have been replaced. The engine drinks another 1.2 litres if the filter is replaced (which should happen at 10K according to the user manual.)
Old 5th February 2008, 08:05   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Thats because the oil filter must not have been replaced. The engine drinks another 1.2 litres if the filter is replaced (which should happen at 10K according to the user manual.)
This is not true. Oil and Oil filter in my car was replaced without any additional oil consumption. Engine took just 3.5 Lts.
Old 5th February 2008, 08:06   #567
Senior - BHPian

busa the flush was not recommended for a 10k service. however for the 20k service they are suggesting i use the flush.
Old 5th February 2008, 09:51   #568
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
This is not true. Oil and Oil filter in my car was replaced without any additional oil consumption. Engine took just 3.5 Lts.
I may be wrong but I think the difference in the amount of oil consumed in case both the filter and the oil are replaced is around 1.2 l for the Swift. I actually saw them drain out my oil and replace it with 2.9 L. The filter was not changed.
Old 5th February 2008, 10:06   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
busa the flush was not recommended for a 10k service. however for the 20k service they are suggesting i use the flush.
When you change to synthetic you should use flush, i had!
Old 5th February 2008, 10:17   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
When you change to synthetic you should use flush, i had!
For layman like me , how exactly do the service guys flush the engine ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks