Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2008, 00:02   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

I have described my change from a three-year-old Indica to the Swift as like upgrading from a bullock cart to a car. It is noisier now (post 2nd service) but still quieter than the Indica.

But if it was going to be the perfect car, it would cost twice as much!
Old 6th February 2008, 00:17   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I made a blunder that I never thought I'd do - Got a Swift VDi without a test drive.
Cash and carry, Love and marry.

Without a TD, how??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I'd rather pit it against a palio 1.6 or a fiesta 1.6 which is actual competition to it. Unfortunately both those cars will kill the swift in performance.
Why the 1.6 Petrols and the 1.3 DDiS ?
Old 6th February 2008, 00:28   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd rather pit it against a palio 1.6 or a fiesta 1.6 which is actual competition to it. Unfortunately both those cars will kill the swift in performance.
The Swift will ANNIHILATE either in roll-ons, and as far as handling goes, the Palio won't know recognise one end of Italy from the other once the Swift is through with it. The Fiesta, admittedly, handles beautifully.
Old 6th February 2008, 00:30   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Err why test drive against an indica? After all that the cost of the car would be beyond 7lacs. I'd rather pit it against a palio 1.6 or a fiesta 1.6 which is actual competition to it. Unfortunately both those cars will kill the swift in performance.
Beyond 7 lacs . ROC dude swift VDI is 5.40 lacs with ABS max on road it will 6.25 lacs. And a peted swift running on stage 2 with GREEN can eat both fiesta and palio for breakfast + lunch + dinner.

But none the less we should not compare swift with fiesta. Fiesta is a sedan and swift a hatch.

And if comparison is because that all will cost 7 lacs then we should strongly compare FABIA with MAGNUM.
Old 6th February 2008, 00:53   #590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Cash and carry, Love and marry.

Without a TD, how??!!

Nice Poetry

The Swift, especially is offered here, is very much built down to a price.
Old 6th February 2008, 10:24   #591
BHPian

Thanks for your inputs

@BUSA - Thanks! The mileage is definitely better than the Ikon (I also have a Karizma - I used to joke that both these machines guzzle petrol even when the engine is switched off :-) ) - Let me see if things improve after the first service - To hear swift is less noisy than a Toyota is soothing.

@Reign - I think BUSA wanted me to test drive indica to appreciate Swift D better

@Jaggu - I actually went over your thread too - I was glad to see someone appreciate Swift D after Ikon 1.6 (actually some part of decision making was due to your thread!)

@souljah - Dont rub it in please :-) (Already a worried soul here) - Liked the allegory and alliteration in your post!

So guys, thanks for your inputs - Let me try to get damping done and wait for the first / second service. If I like it better then, I'll sure Pete it :-)

May be my post was a big digression from the thread, but glad I did. (The morning drive to office in swift already felt better than before )
Old 6th February 2008, 13:55   #592
Senior - BHPian

heheh so much discussion going on on my thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypest View Post
SO by damping you mean the door and the boot? or some thing else... i
yes sir door and boot. refer my previous topics and souljah's thread on damping. blueraven did it for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
@BUSA - Thanks! The mileage is definitely better than the Ikon (I also have a Karizma - I used to joke that both these machines guzzle petrol even when the engine is switched off :-) ) - Let me see if things improve after the first service - To hear swift is less noisy than a Toyota is soothing.

@Reign - I think BUSA wanted me to test drive indica to appreciate Swift D better

@Jaggu - I actually went over your thread too - I was glad to see someone appreciate Swift D after Ikon 1.6 (actually some part of decision making was due to your thread!)

@souljah - Dont rub it in please :-) (Already a worried soul here) - Liked the allegory and alliteration in your post!

So guys, thanks for your inputs - Let me try to get damping done and wait for the first / second service. If I like it better then, I'll sure Pete it :-)

May be my post was a big digression from the thread, but glad I did. (The morning drive to office in swift already felt better than before )
sriram, if you are damping your car with blueraven (in CMH road) let me know someday and i ll either join you on that effort or see ur car once its done. my turn shortly!
Old 6th February 2008, 19:24   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Took the car after 3rd service. The bill was 1013 (5.x lts or oil + Oil filter).
Sorry for the typo ...it is 3.x lts (3.5 to be precise)

Update on Dent and Scratch removal - Decided to do that as I can see rust already in the running board and door where ever the paint has been completely peeled off. Handed over the car for this job at Mandovi. Let me the results.

The estimated cost is 2K. Decided to take a hit on my pocket to enjoy NCB as suggested by you folks.

One interesting thing to notice here is the Stickers which is there in the rear door edges and in the body costs around 450 Rs. each. I have told them not to put. It is ridiculous pricing by Maruti.
Old 6th February 2008, 19:46   #594
BHPian

i have booked swift VDI after taking two test drives and also driving a freind's car.... i dont think it's that noisy as ppl make it out to be.....the performance is really good with the turbo and Pete's would definitely make it more pleasureble to drive....

Just a query-- how long does it really take to get the car?? i've booked mine on 2nd jan '08..

it seems the ABS option takes a minimum of 2 months, i'm think of not goin for the ABS so i can get it soon...
Old 6th February 2008, 21:06   #595
Senior - BHPian

Violaaaaa!!!! One for the records, in a straight 7 months!

Planning to chip in with a 10k review in more detail soon!!
Wish me many more 10ks on this baby
Old 7th February 2008, 08:07   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have booked swift VDI after taking two test drives and also driving a freind's car.... i dont think it's that noisy as ppl make it out to be.....the performance is really good with the turbo and Pete's would definitely make it more pleasureble to drive....

Just a query-- how long does it really take to get the car?? i've booked mine on 2nd jan '08..

it seems the ABS option takes a minimum of 2 months, i'm think of not goin for the ABS so i can get it soon...
it takes easily 2-3 months for the car. around the end of the second month you ll have to pull all the strings you can to get the car from the dealer (try threats, bribes what not! )

for the sake of waiting dont cancel ABS. for the sake of lack of money maybe its ok, but not for the sake of waiting! as much as possible try buying the ABS one. atleast there is some safety on the road with this monster.

the sudden kick of the turbo isnt exactly "pleasureable" but petes might make it so. i would have preferred a more linear pull from zero to 60 or 100. and by noise we are not referring to engine noise. there are other variety of noises to choose from as accessories for this car - LOL
Old 7th February 2008, 10:30   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes waiting period for the VDi has drastically reduced, even in VDi hungry Bangalore.

ABS is dependent on the surplus kits they have left over from ZXi/sx4. 2 months is virtually no wait
Old 8th February 2008, 10:01   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Kill in performance, lol. There is only one car which can kill Swift Diesel in performance and that is the Getz Diesel. Since comparission is diesel vs diesel, we cant get Fiesta's & Palios of the world here.

Compare with Indica - So you will be happy to note the Swift is silent in comparrission
I think we should wait for the Indica CRDi before writing it off . Not fair to compare two different engine types. It should be more like Swift Crdi Vs Getz Crdi Vs Indica Crdi !
Old 8th February 2008, 10:16   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Yes waiting period for the VDi has drastically reduced, even in VDi hungry Bangalore.

ABS is dependent on the surplus kits they have left over from ZXi/sx4. 2 months is virtually no wait

My friend bought a sunlight copper swift vdi without abs under readily available .

Ok speaking of him has reminded me of his mileage figures . His car is due for first service in around a weeks time and his car is already giving him a mileage of 19.5 ( 0% a.c , 100% city) . My new Ldi on the other hand used to give me around 14.5 ( 0% a.c , 100% city)! How the hell can there be a 5kmpl difference within the same city ??Ok he drives with a light foot in compared to me but still the difference is pretty high ! It is only after my 2nd service has my mileage picked up to 18kmpl . I have added 1 km for all my calcualtions as I have 195 tyres and he is running stock tyres ! Explanations required ASAP !!!
Old 8th February 2008, 10:21   #600
Senior - BHPian

perhaps its just the lot in which your car was produced. or on second thoughts, the tuning of the engine wasnt right perhaps when it was manufactured. i could be sorely wrong!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks